Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing PoF and what are your thoughts?

botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
I have been playing PoF and have found it amazing and very immersive. it has really brought back the magic to GW2.

I was leery of mounts but they can be useful and do not have enough health to survive in battle.

Comments

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Honestly, I’m pissed. Too hard for me all of a sudden. It’s like pocket raptors are everywhere all over again but it’s scarabs this time. Or overturned Harpys. Holosmith is way too squishy, not sure why they are hellbent on making engineers melee but whatever. I apparently suck and am not having fun anymore. I’m gonna have to find a new class or just put it down for a year. So annoyed. 
    [Deleted User]daltanious

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I found the mounts to be pretty fun to mess with so far(only have 2 of them) the zones are pretty nice visually and a decent size. Enjoying it quite a bit so far. As for mob difficulty i do think certain mobs are a bit too tough/hp sponge. Overall i'm enjoying it exploring maps/story with my friend.
    [Deleted User]
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    So far it's been pretty good, I particularly like Elona reach but the Desolation is a bit messy map. I have barely stuck my head into Vabbi yet so no comment about it.

I like that they beefed up the difficulty a bit, the base game have been so constantly nerfed since the second beta week that by now it is a walk in the park (besides a certain swampdragon and a three headed wurm).
    [Deleted User]
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I have not played GW2 since it launched and did not finish the game i like the new skills but i did not know to get hero points takes so long but you get rewarded the more you play so ill just play hard.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Hero Points are alot easier than in HOT. Some mobs are a bit more challenging, I wouldn't say harder though. A vet Hydra melts with a P/P Deadeye.

Map design is amazing and so many secret things to find out.
    A much better expansion than HOT imo.

RaquisownprocessBillMurphy

..Cake..

Raquis said:
    I have not played GW2 since it launched and did not finish the game i like the new skills but i did not know to get hero points takes so long but you get rewarded the more you play so ill just play hard.
    The fastest way is to team up with 2 friends and run the HPs in PoF, it shouldn't take you more then 2 hours to unlock what you need that way if you just focus on HPs. 
    Raquis
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I hate, hate, ABSOLUTELY HATE that, did I mention I hate this?, they design maps for some areas that it's MEANT to come back later. It's like, oh yeah we won't make more new maps but you should come back later just cuz trolololol. Literally sees a mastery or so but just to be turned down that it's not accessible until your "vertical progression" is far enough to unlock it.

Yeah sure with HoT it was new and ?interesting? or ?innovating? to have this backward mapping, but seriously HoT sucked so much partially due to it.

Sure for the hardcore fans nothing is bad and a grind is just a grind, but for casual players, this design feels so off putting and discouraging, at least for me.
    daltanious

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    They added five new maps, one new specialization (per class), and mounts. Anything else? 
    sumdumguy1
  • ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Personally, I really like it.

It's ten times better than the Heart of Thorns expansion.

The maps are great, and huge (I really quite disliked the HoT maps, so confusing!). Mounts serve an actual purpose and are fun to use (I've got 3 so far); the story quests are a huuuuge improvement from the core game and HoT - I'm actually interested this time - previously they were just a chore to get through.

As a GW1 player, who played for many years, I'm really liking the links to the original game in this one too. It's a thumbs up from me.
    sumdumguy1
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well I am reading the responses with interest.  I haven't played/purchased POF yet.  I want to let the bug/tech issues work themselves out.  I also am curious about people experiences with certain classes.  I had big issues with my favorite class in HOT and was forced to play a different class.  I will certainly try the new specs, but nothing has blown me away with the classes I like from what've I read.  I hope over time to be proven wrong, but I am also totally ok going through POF without using the new elite specs.  I just don't want to be forced to use an elite spec if I don't like it.  
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Honestly, I’m pissed. Too hard for me all of a sudden. It’s like pocket raptors are everywhere all over again but it’s scarabs this time. Or overturned Harpys. Holosmith is way too squishy, not sure why they are hellbent on making engineers melee but whatever. I apparently suck and am not having fun anymore. I’m gonna have to find a new class or just put it down for a year. So annoyed. 
    This was my issue with HOT.  My favorite class was ruined.  Fortunately, I decided to try two classes that I really like now as well.  Their survivability was really good and I was able to do everything with them.  I did only play HOT once as I couldn't and didn't want to play through it again.  It was a painful experience in many ways for me.  Perhaps trying new classes will work for you as well.  I had an issue when I played HOT of dying alot, so I looked for a class I could survive with.  I wound up finding two classes I used without an elite spec.  I played a core Necromancer and Ranger.  I like both classes and had no issues once I learned the class play of both.  Hopefully you can find something you like that works for you.
    Well I am reading the responses with interest.  I haven't played/purchased POF yet.  I want to let the bug/tech issues work themselves out.  I also am curious about people experiences with certain classes.  I had big issues with my favorite class in HOT and was forced to play a different class.  I will certainly try the new specs, but nothing has blown me away with the classes I like from what've I read.  I hope over time to be proven wrong, but I am also totally ok going through POF without using the new elite specs.  I just don't want to be forced to use an elite spec if I don't like it.  
    With the last patch it seems stable now (it was actually pretty stable even last patch) but you can probably wait a few more days to be on the safe side.

After that there will be balancing of course but that will be a constant work.

I have so far focused on my deadeye, nasty in PvP but so far have I mainly played with a friend or 2 in PvE and I havn't been able to get out enough DPS out of the rifle yet so I use my daggers a lot. That might just be my skilled, I used the daggers for 5 years after all and the rifle a couple of days but my feeling is that if you solo as a thief the Daredevil is far better, the Deadshot is best when there is some people around you.

Ill probably do my necro next but I want my jackal to lvl 3 first.
    sumdumguy1
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    This was my issue with HOT.  My favorite class was ruined.  Fortunately, I decided to try two classes that I really like now as well.  Their survivability was really good and I was able to do everything with them.  I did only play HOT once as I couldn't and didn't want to play through it again.  It was a painful experience in many ways for me.  Perhaps trying new classes will work for you as well.  I had an issue when I played HOT of dying alot, so I looked for a class I could survive with.  I wound up finding two classes I used without an elite spec.  I played a core Necromancer and Ranger.  I like both classes and had no issues once I learned the class play of both.  Hopefully you can find something you like that works for you.
    I hope so.  Pulled out my shelved Guardian tonight, didn't fare too much better.  Gonna use my 80-boost on a thief to start working towards Deadeye tomorrow night, maybe it'll work out for me.  Otherwise, I'm taking a break.  I log off every night so far in a rage.  Just not having fun :(  Sucks having endured so long with an Eng core main (I ignored Scrapper b/c well, I didnt roll an Eng to melee, and they did it again with Holosmith) to finally have to throw in the towel.  HoT I actually dug after the first day or so and really ended up enjoying it for the long haul...except Tangled Depths.  I still havent completed that map, just did the meta over and over.  PoF is gorgeous, and the mounts are cool..though lol, I took one back to finish a JP I never could do (Not So Secret JP) and they disabled mounts in that area with a nice popup message indicating such, womp womp.  Sigh...I'm rambling.  I wish I liked PoF.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I hope so.  Pulled out my shelved Guardian tonight, didn't fare too much better.  Gonna use my 80-boost on a thief to start working towards Deadeye tomorrow night, maybe it'll work out for me.  Otherwise, I'm taking a break.  I log off every night so far in a rage.  Just not having fun :(  Sucks having endured so long with an Eng core main (I ignored Scrapper b/c well, I didnt roll an Eng to melee, and they did it again with Holosmith) to finally have to throw in the towel.  HoT I actually dug after the first day or so and really ended up enjoying it for the long haul...except Tangled Depths.  I still havent completed that map, just did the meta over and over.  PoF is gorgeous, and the mounts are cool..though lol, I took one back to finish a JP I never could do (Not So Secret JP) and they disabled mounts in that area with a nice popup message indicating such, womp womp.  Sigh...I'm rambling.  I wish I liked PoF.
    The new Guardian Elite spec is pretty good. I do not have enough skill points to get it on mine but I have the Necro, Ranger - which is pretty good, Mesmer - Mirage is a gimped Thief (w/o any stealth), and Warrior - Will be meta frontline in WvW.

I played with a Holosmith and he could solo almost any of the bosses.

What I like, so far, is that GW1 is really linked in and now the games seem to be from the same Universe. I got to fight my Doppleganger last night, with a host of other players, it was quite good. 

The Exploration in the game is what makes it fun again. The maps are quite complex and diverse and also quite beautiful.