Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Derek Smart is right about Star Citizen - His facts and why SC is likely to fail

12346»

Comments

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Did you even bother trying to get a refund before doing a charge back?

As for my thoughts on DS, he's a failed game dev.. thats pretty much it. He has about as much relevance as the crap i scooped out of the litter box this morning.

If SC ever gets finished I'll give it a try, just like I do with any game that interests me regardless what some randoms on the internet are saying about it. 
    I did actually. I tried a few months ago, don't have email anymore but they refused because they said I paid for the game too long ago (I paid into it back in December when they had a bunch of sales/deals going on). I just told my bank I didn't see I paid for it and got them to get my money back.
    Guy complains about scams and lies, then scams/lies to his bank to charge back on old charge he knowingly made.  Yeah, grrrr, darn those low life devs who lie about their financial doings.  They should be more honest and responsible with their money like you, huh?

This guy...
    RexKushman

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited September 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    Now that we got the idea that we are not investors..... I would say the proper terms are pledge and backer.

We pledge money without expecting any financial returns, but do "hope" the game will eventually be made and we may then benefit from some "backer" rewards.

Seems silly to go round and round the idea of using the proper words but if we use the correct terms and understand them we then can have a better mindset of what we can expect or not expect from give money to a KS campaign.

I saw a good piece about this the other day that essentially said the term pledge only works on Kickstarter because you are agreeing to pay up if the funding goal crosses its target, you're not making a payment before that happens.

After kickstarter everything is a sale, and everybody is a customer, because they take the money from you straightaway, in fact the only people making pledges are CR / CIG. They are the ones saying that if you give them money now they promise to deliver item X at a later date.

Kefo
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited September 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    Now that we got the idea that we are not investors..... I would say the proper terms are pledge and backer.

We pledge money without expecting any financial returns, but do "hope" the game will eventually be made and we may then benefit from some "backer" rewards.

Seems silly to go round and round the idea of using the proper words but if we use the correct terms and understand them we then can have a better mindset of what we can expect or not expect from give money to a KS campaign.

I saw a good piece about this the other day that essentially said the term pledge only works on Kickstarter because you are agreeing to pay up if the funding goal crosses its target, you're not making a payment before that happens.

After kickstarter everything is a sale, and everybody is a customer, because they take the money from you straightaway, in fact the only people making pledges are CR / CIG. They are the ones saying that if you give them money now they promise to deliver item X at a later date.

Well it's a good thing I was talking about kickstarters then isn't? 

Oh look Kefo I even mention KS campaign in that last line of the sentence of the quote of me on your post!

Anyways I'm not going to keep going round n round with you guys as it's simple enough to know what to expect with KS like this especially if you hang out in here at mmorpg as much as you guys do.

Have a :cookie:  everyone!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:

Well it's a good thing I was talking about kickstarters then isn't? 

Oh look Kefo I even mention KS campaign in that last line of the sentence of the quote of me on your post!

Anyways I'm not going to keep going round n round with you guys as it's simple enough to know what to expect with KS like this especially if you hang out in here at mmorpg as much as you guys do.

Have a :cookie:  everyone!
    Yep and I agree with you that they are backers during the campaign but after the campaign they are customers. Don't start throwing a little tantrum because you don't like what people say even if they are agreeing with you but expanding upon your point.
    Asm0deusScotchUp
  • RingLdr77RingLdr77 Member CommonPosts: 8
    All I want to know is when the game will be out, released, and amazing. That way we can talk about what is and isn't and not how it will get there.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    This is actually a good news story.  By moving to a 'Its gonna fail' phase, we've moved away from the 'Its never gonna happen' phase.  Congrats SC, for moving from vaporware to failure before launch.
    ScotchUp

I self identify as a monkey.