Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bit unstable at the moment...

Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
Might be just me but I gotten booted from the server a few times. Got halfway through the first mission and then the server connection went off.

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Seems typical of any expac launch.  Give it a few hours or wait for a less active time to log back in.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So far so good for me, no kicks, no lag.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    seems to be working now.
    Octagon7711
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Did they have a queue or anything? I feel like there is quite a few people who bought this. If it's all stable now that's pretty damn good.
    Did they have a queue or anything? I feel like there is quite a few people who bought this. If it's all stable now that's pretty damn good.
    GW2 don't have queues, just overflow servers. It is acceptable now but you can still be booted when logging in or out to a zone.
  • JaimlJaiml Member UncommonPosts: 130
    It was very unstable last night.  Group would DC at the most inopportune times...  Decided to give it the night off and try again tonight.

I find patience to be the best trait around launch days =)

Oh, by the way, I heard a good definition of patience, "Patience isn't the act of waiting, it is your attitude while you wait."
    Octagon7711
    One nice thing.  I noticed once I got the raptor on my first character, all my alts have it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

One nice thing.  I noticed once I got the raptor on my first character, all my alts have it.
    It is a mastery point thing, like the HoT glider.
    Loke666 said:
    It is a mastery point thing, like the HoT glider.
    Well that should make things a lot more fun.  :smile:

• KaerellaKaerella Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Opinion seems divided over whether the handling of the launch of the expansion has been a total shambles and an absolute disgrace, or an absolute shambles and a total disgrace.  Trying to start the new story, and get access to Elona, just gives the loading screen for a few minutes and then a disconnection... or some people report getting disconnected during the story.  Anet should have spent less on advertising and more on making sure the darn thing actually worked!
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    This is what happens when your QA team is reduced to the "Where is the any-key krew."

As for the outrage and apologists, those affected by situation that has prevented them from playing their characters due to constant crashing during loading likely fall within the outrage category.

Those of who have been unabated by bugs likely don't understand why people are upset.

[Deleted User]
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
    I don't think hiccup on the logging screencan compare, it is certainly annoying and seems to be happening when a large bunch of people upate or get into the game at the same time.

It was some hours yesterday and a few today but now it seems to be working again.

Not enough stress testing is my judgement.

I was actually forced to take a 45 minute break today and 2 hours yesterday (the humanity).

Still less annoying then the 6 hours downtime during the early access five years ago but HoT had a better launch. Then again, I been running the first 3 zones and all of them are better then the Hot Zones (the Elona river zones is my favorite so far, really beutiful zone with Nightfall feeling on it).
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Story instances are pretty much broken today.
    This expansion is far from having a smooth start, yet alone the last 4 tweets vouch for that:

@GuildWars2: We've temporarily disabled #GW2PoF Bounty Events in Crystal Oasis: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3494/crystal-oasis-bounty-events-temporarily-disabled ~RB2

@GuildWars2: Those of you wondering about fixes for various errors: The #GW2PoF teams are hard at work today & we'll keep you posted! ~RB2

@GuildWars2: We know some of you are still getting this, we're sorry. :( We're working hard to chase down the problem. ~RB2    

@GuildWars2: If you have "The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region" error, hang in there. We're working on the fix right now. ~RB2
    Harbinger of Fools
    I've been playing this for awhile and it's like the HoT version of PoF.  Not exploration friendly, a lot of the map you have to have done certain prerequisites to enter certain zones.  The map is layered in a lot of parts and just following the map will bring you to dead ends.  And just like gliders if you don't have a certain mount trained in a certain skill you can't advance into the next area.

I haven't run any stories today as I wanted to just set off and explore but they seemed ok yeasterday.
    [Deleted User]

I've been playing this for awhile and it's like the HoT version of PoF.  Not exploration friendly, a lot of the map you have to have done certain prerequisites to enter certain zones.  The map is layered in a lot of parts and just following the map will bring you to dead ends.  And just like gliders if you don't have a certain mount trained in a certain skill you can't advance into the next area.

I haven't run any stories today as I wanted to just set off and explore but they seemed ok yeasterday.
    This is probably a valid point for critic however just like you said they did the same with HoT and advertised it back then as mechanics similar to Zelda where you need certain items first to proceed.

So this is working as intended.
    Harbinger of Fools
    Spoke to soon just got dropped twice.

Torval said:
    Dakeru said:

This is probably a valid point for critic however just like you said they did the same with HoT and advertised it back then as mechanics similar to Zelda where you need certain items first to proceed.

I don't think Octagon was saying it's not working as intended, but that it's a somewhat polarizing design. People either like it or hate it. I really hate the gating in HoT zones. I've read Octagon's impressions of HoT and they parallel closely to mine. It's good to know because I doubt I'll like PoF and glad I didn't buy in early. Kind of sad but I think GW2 and I are moving in different directions.
    I didn't understand it as "not working as intended"
    I understood it as something he didn't like and I just pointed out that the devs told us before that it would be like this.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Rogal_UrsonRogal_Urson Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Honestly, having been someone who played it heavily in alpha and beta, this is one of the largest content packs they have ever put into the game. Just in the story mode, the dialogue and exposition is equivalent to over 400 stage plays.  When you meld a large piece of software into the base game, it's bound to create some issues. Honestly, for the launch of an expansion, this hasn't been all that bad. As soon as ArenaNet sees an issue and reports to the players, their fix is usually halfway done at that point and getting ready to be deployed. I played for several hours Friday night (PoF launch day) and during that time, the servers were taken down twice for hotfixes. 

I would say it will probably be between 2 and 4 weeks for decent stability and about 6-8 weeks for return to normal stability to where they can add more Living Story content. 
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Loke666 said:
    Might be just me but I gotten booted from the server a few times. Got halfway through the first mission and then the server connection went off.
    yup, so often today. I bet you're enjoying your Deadeye as much as I am.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Dakeru said:
    Torval said:
    Dakeru said:

I don't think Octagon was saying it's not working as intended, but that it's a somewhat polarizing design. People either like it or hate it. I really hate the gating in HoT zones. I've read Octagon's impressions of HoT and they parallel closely to mine. It's good to know because I doubt I'll like PoF and glad I didn't buy in early. Kind of sad but I think GW2 and I are moving in different directions.
    I understood it as something he didn't like and I just pointed out that the devs told us before that it would be like this.
    I noticed with HoT they did some balancing and I'm sure they will do the same with PoF.   

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Dakeru said:
    Torval said:
    Dakeru said:

I noticed with HoT they did some balancing and I'm sure they will do the same with PoF.   
    If folks didn't like HOT they will not like POF. The maps doesn't just go horizontal, it also goes vertical. You will need to unlock mounts and their masteries to go places. Just like GLIDERS! 
    Dakeru[Deleted User]Octagon7711
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    edited September 2017

I don't agree. There is a story lock on the second zone (not the third, havn't been in the last 2 yet) and for that one you do need to unlock the rabbit to get to a lot of places but just unlocking it needs no masteries, you just do a heart quests and pay 50 trade contracts (easy to get with a few DEs or by looting sandpiles). Once it is unlocked there are very few places in the zone you can't go.

I played 2 days (and not full days but maybe 12 hours together), I unllocked 3 of the 4 mounts and have access to over 95% of the three zones I been in.

Compared to HoT that is a huge difference. Also, while the second zone have lots of cliffs they lack the layers of Hot, HoT had 3 layers in each map making navigating it hopeless.

Elona river is one of the best and most beutiful zones in the game.

The only zone lock I seen so far is story locked and you will get in to it relatively fast. There certainly can be mastery locked zones later but the first three at least ain't. (edited spelling error)
    Dakeru
    4 Zones now (looking for the last (I have put 3 mastery points in raptor and one in skimmer but I havn't nedded any of that so far).
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited September 2017
    You need to be along so far to get the Sand Hyena. Just having the Skimmer will not get it. Need a certain amount of EXP done (also 200 Trade Contracts and 20 Gold). Raptor is needed for canyon jumping :D . The Springer is needed to scale heights. You care gimping your exploration without them.
    Octagon7711