Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should I say when a woman sends you her pic?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
I met a woman on world of warcraft and she wants to send me her pic and skype. She is 20 (I'm 28, so not too much of a difference), and I don't actually care what she looks like (I know some people will comment on that, but unless they look like Jabba the Hut or old enough to be my grandma...well I'm sure grandma's (not jabba the hut) are pretty in their own way, but grannies are not my thing :P)...but I don't actually have any idea what she looks like. We have talked on the phone though, that is about it.

But even though I'm 28, I never know what to properly say when someone sends you her pic (not like it has happened much to me before lol). Do I say "you look really pretty" (but that seems creepy), or do I say "nice pic" (that sounds lame) or I dunno.

Any advice?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• Jackson_LeeJackson_Lee Member CommonPosts: 14
    Just give yours true comment about her pic honestly?
    well, she dare to send you her pic also meaning that she are confidence enough about her appearance, hence don't need to worry anything just tell what you think will do.
    rdrlegend001
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    omg I can't believe it. 

We decided to skype, and its a freakin dude. I thought by the voice it was just a woman who had breathing problems but seemed nice and we got a long great, but it was a freakin dude. Just a normal looking guy that you'd see at work. And he was laughing at me with tears going down his face, telling me how much a loser I am for trying to find love in a video game and that I'm not a man but a little sad boy. He told me I was the worst society makes because anyone who looks for love in a video game is the biggest "retard" on the planet. That is what he told me, and he was laughing so much. I ended the skype call and now feel really sad.

I can't believe it, the person seemed really genuine and nice but it was a goddamn troll. Now I feel really embarrassed, ashamed and very sad because the person seemed real.

And I know its good to look for a person in real life, but I want to be with a gamer chick, not some random person. I thought I got really lucky, because meeting a gamer chick that is single is rarer than winning the lottery. Every gamer chick I've met the past many years as been taken or really old. But it was a stupid dude who ultra trolled me hardcore.

I just can't believe a person would do that to someone.
    rdrlegend001

I guess that is what I get for believing the stories I've heard of people finding love on Moonguard. Should have known better than believing someone I met in goldshire inn on that server. I always even said I'd never even go there to meet anyone. But the person seemed really great. Guess too good to be true.

I feel more embarrassed and mad than anything, and kinda sad that the person I thought was someone else was a fake.
    rdrlegend001

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Nice tits.
    rdrlegend001
  • SeaWavesSeaWaves Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited February 2017
    @TheScavenger Depends on why she sent you the photo in the place if it was so you know what she looks like. Just say she looks pretty or complement her hair or something that you like about her photo. But don't stress too much on what to say.
    rdrlegend001
  • SeaWavesSeaWaves Member UncommonPosts: 8
    omg I can't believe it. 

We decided to skype, and its a freakin dude. I thought by the voice it was just a woman who had breathing problems but seemed nice and we got a long great, but it was a freakin dude. Just a normal looking guy that you'd see at work. And he was laughing at me with tears going down his face, telling me how much a loser I am for trying to find love in a video game and that I'm not a man but a little sad boy. He told me I was the worst society makes because anyone who looks for love in a video game is the biggest "retard" on the planet. That is what he told me, and he was laughing so much. I ended the skype call and now feel really sad.

I can't believe it, the person seemed really genuine and nice but it was a goddamn troll. Now I feel really embarrassed, ashamed and very sad because the person seemed real.

And I know its good to look for a person in real life, but I want to be with a gamer chick, not some random person. I thought I got really lucky, because meeting a gamer chick that is single is rarer than winning the lottery. Every gamer chick I've met the past many years as been taken or really old. But it was a stupid dude who ultra trolled me hardcore.

sorry to hear that man there's a lot of annoying people out there that like to pretend to be someone else :/
    rdrlegend001
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    hows this thread goes? ahaha! well whenever a girl send you pic if shes true to you means she trust you and a bit of flirting on  you too lol.. just let her know how good looking she were on a pic and tell her "i bet you look more gorgeous in person" and then date her lololol..
    rdrlegend001

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
    I thought this thread died a glorious death to never be seen again.

May it again attempt to go into the fog and leave to an uncharted place. Now I'm just imagining that dude on skype trolling me.

Which is actually funny now. Reading through this and then what happened after, so sad but so funny lol. Probably happens to a lot of WoW players.
    rdrlegend001

• 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    First, thanked her, Then, be true to her :D
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited June 2017
    First rules of online dating:

• Girls love to talk over the phone if they are into you. If they say they are interested and you can't get them on the phone then red flag.
    • Girls love to webcam if they are into you. If they are interested and you can't get them on webcam, red flag.
    Sounds like you got trolled but at least you did the right things fast enough to learn the truth before you got hurt too bad.

In the future if you are looking for love online I would try a dating site. The nice part about dating sites is that everyone is there for some kind of relationship and you can get to know some of the basics about the person before you even talk to them. It's always nice to know that the basic deal breakers such as them being a smoker or a druggy, religious status you won't date, wrong sexual orientation, or looking for the wrong type of relationship are out of the way before the conversation starts.

I can give you some more detailed advice if you're interested. I've started multiple relationships from online dating. The last of which was good enough that we're going three years strong.
    rdrlegend001Eronakis
  • WicyaWicya Member CommonPosts: 5
    "Thanks for the photo, I'm very pleased to see you are real" ;)
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    In an MMO, 90% of the time, a girl is a G.I.R.L. (guy in real life).  Yes, it's sad when a guy is bored enough to scam another guy.  It's all about honesty.
    is that a bit over rated? The real number are yet to be revealed as there are growing number of us playing different MMO genre. :wink:

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • FlorencaFlorenca Member CommonPosts: 3
    In an MMO, 90% of the time, a girl is a G.I.R.L. (guy in real life).  Yes, it's sad when a guy is bored enough to scam another guy.  It's all about honesty.
    OMG that's hilarious. I've gotta borrow your G.I.R.L mate. thanks.

For Scavenger: .......ahahahahha broo, seriously :smiley: you're 28, ignore her/him/her 
  • SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    Compliment, compliment, compliment! Everybody likes to be complimented :) Pick something out of the picture, such as a piece of jewellery or her hair and say I like how you've done your hair in that picture, it looks great!
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    omg I can't believe it. 

I think the reality in this case is the guy who trolled you likely has a self-esteem problem and wants to pull the stunt on you to feel better about themselves. A theory I have is that a lot of people that gossip, do mean things on purpose, troll others, are doing it as a way to feel better by putting someone down. 

Also, as a gamer, I married a non-gamer chick. LIke anti-gamer chick, I wonder if i'd be happier with a gamer. Stick with a gamer chick, they are all over the place, but they usually don't announce it. Even gamer guys don't announce it to others, just go meet people and may be they'll love your hobby. 

My wife said, she likes video games, I bought her skyrim (i'm a dumbass), she didn't even know how to move the camera . . . She also instead of saying Gnome the right way with a silent G, she said what is a Gee-Nome. 

Then again, she was born in a non-english speaking country and moved here when she was 18. 

Sorry, i also LOL'd at the post, I couldn't help myself. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AUNE2018AUNE2018 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I know I'm late to this convo, but wow that's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Don't lose heart though. Never let the trolls determine who you are or who you can be with. Don't let them win! If it helps, I actually met my now husband of 4 years online playing Planetside 2 across the country from each other. We are very happily married. :) <3
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    I would just answer something over the top exaggerated to make her laugh, such as "you're the most beautiful woman ever born" or something. :smiley:
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Thank you for bumping up this thread @AUNE2018 . It was a nice read :) 
    Never give up ~