Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redeemer Rework before its release (2014 ship)

AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
So what I got from the latest news the Redeemer a rather iconic ship given its origins will get a rework in 2018 before it was even available in the game. At this point Im really not sure what to think or expect of it. We never had a chance to test it so no alpha testing was done on the original concept but RSI thinks its worth doing a redo on it.
Kind of confused, aren't we the backers aka the alpha testers? Spending time to give feedback on stuff? How could they rework something before involving the people who paid for the ship? If you bought a Redeemer, did you fly it?

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    If one reworks all mechanics used in ship design between now and 2014, it makes sense to rework all ships so they are compatible with the current Alpha build. 

Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    From what I know the redeemer is one of the last ships that was created up to Hangar-ready to be refactored, for quite a while now ships will skip the hangar phase and directly jump from concept > flyable, the redemer,  was before that (I don't think it was ever flyable). So that ship indeed is to be worked on still.

In this case as Erillion mentioned is more a matter of compatibility from the old hangar-ready ships that never got to be flyable.
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    From what I know the redeemer is one of the last ships that was created up to Hangar-ready to be refactored, for quite a while now ships will skip the hangar phase and directly jump from concept > flyable, the redemer,  was before that (I don't think it was ever flyable). So that ship indeed is to be worked on still.

In this case as Erillion mentioned is more a matter of compatibility from the old hangar-ready ships that never got to be flyable.
      Great I was worried I missed it. But it is great that you say noone who bought it was ever able to actually try it before it got reworked. That means that when people bought it, it wasn't what it was ment to be. RSI decidied to turn it into something that people haven't invested money in.
    That is sooo great. I mean if I bought a sports car and the manufacurer turns it into a truck I am so going to refund it.

Thx Max and Eril.

Have Fun guys
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    Alumicard said:
      Great I was worried I missed it. But it is great that you say noone who bought it was ever able to actually try it before it got reworked. That means that when people bought it, it wasn't what it was ment to be. RSI decidied to turn it into something that people haven't invested money in.
    That is sooo great. I mean if I bought a sports car and the manufacurer turns it into a truck I am so going to refund it.

Thx Max and Eril.

Have Fun guys
    Those don't really change much. The Freelancer for example: http://i.imgur.com/gyaHdt0.jpg
    Or the Cutlass: https://i.imgur.com/3lDD6lm.jpg

The type and purpose of the ship wouldn't change, mostly visual with stat changes.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited September 2017
    Alumicard said:
    MaxBacon said:

Thx Max and Eril.

Have Fun guys
    But if you bought a sports car you would want them to put seats, brakes and a fuel tank in. And you wouldn't want them to give you the keys before they had - well some people might but if it was unfinished and dangerous ....

The Redeemer is being "reworked" to add extra features - we know from the regular features, for example, that the interior lighting system has seen huge developments; also the "object container" system that will allow the the ship to have - or not have - atmosphere (if it is holed). This is the type of stuff that "rework" refers to - the code not the concept. 

Maybe they could use a term other than rework. Its not wrong - the code will be being "reworked" but maybe "next stage of development"? Doesn't really trip off the tongue though.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think a better analogy would be if you ordered a sports car from them in 2015 when they were just starting out and were new to building sports cars.   Now in 2017 they've advance their skills and want you to have a sports car based on 2017 designs and specifications before you take  delivery.
    kikoodutroa8

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey