Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I see the pay type is "free"

drachennwolfdrachennwolf Member UncommonPosts: 23
Does that mean it's pay2win pay2progress? (Sorry, I have to be politically correct here or the kids who think that paying 1000 dollars doesn't make their account any better than someone who paid nothing will get pissy)

Comments

• aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Does that mean it's pay2win pay2progress? (Sorry, I have to be politically correct here or the kids who think that paying 1000 dollars doesn't make their account any better than someone who paid nothing will get pissy)
    We will have to find out.  The game is free to play as it is.  No one could really tell at this point since it's not released in the west. 
  • raducdmraducdm Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Well,open beta comes out this november,as per usual the cash shop is limited in the few months of the game,we'll see after how the cash shop turns out.You know,bait and switch tactics.
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited September 2017
    Right.  But since it's "MU" and "Webzen", you already know what can happen.  Don't expect much from these combinations.
    Lohend
    And if the game is fun for me,I ll be willing to pay for inventory space( 100% this will be a thing),dope cosmetics/mounts,monthly fee with bonus xp and free shop coins.Hope this kind of shop will be implemented and not something like Scrolls with increased chance to make a item better/for the item not to degrade or brake;Or the worst thing that could happen to introduce shop exclusive items that gives op bonuses to the player.
    Right.  But since it's "MU" and "Webzen", you already know what can happen.  Don't expect much from these combinations.
    I ll try to go into the game open minded and give the benefit of the doubt,at the first signs of pay2win items i ll be deleting the game.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Webzen is known to have extremely P2W games, but usually I can have fun with them without paying. As long as it is still fun, I will be okay with it. 
    Emoqqboy
  • EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited December 2017
    Webzen is known to have extremely P2W games, but usually I can have fun with them without paying. As long as it is still fun, I will be okay with it. 
    The P2W is not obvious at the start, but once you get into the game, you will finally see it. Game has an auction house similar to D3's AH (The paying players control the prices of all the key items, obviously). Also, there is a "VIP" system, as well as pets that directly affect stats as well as evolving the pets themselves which other than paying for, you only have one chance per day to get a random pet from a daily, and the RNG for this is obviously made terrible. In short, Webzen has intentionally made the disparity between paying players and f2p obvious, to encourage spenders no doubt.

One other point to note, whilst every mmorpg eventually becomes repetitive, the length of time before this occurs varies. From a veteran gamer, i'm gonna say, the content in this game is so lacking, that the repetition becomes obvious after 1 month at the most. To more hardcore gamers, this repetition will hit you in 2 weeks tops.

My take on this game? Give it a miss and wait for Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal's western release. Cheers.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>