Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joseph Update Arrives Next Week - Check Out This Trailer - Albion Online Gameplay Footage

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageJoseph Update Arrives Next Week - Check Out This Trailer - Albion Online Gameplay Footage

Albion Online will be getting a big new update next week when the Joseph patch arrives. To show off some of what players can expect with Joseph, devs released a new trailer. Most notably, Joseph brings the Arena online that yield tokens that can be used to purchase rewards.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    This is the worst money I've spent this year. This game isn't for me.

It's my own damn fault, I bought into the hype and I was absolutely desperate for something to play (they released it at just the right time, cause there was no competition).

But it's a terrible game for PvE players. The marketing and screenshots make it look really appealing for carebears, but don't be fooled. The only reason they want PvE players in their game is to provide killable content for the PKers.

Horrible, boring game, I wish I could get my money back.
    richlindeGdemami
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Should be fun.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    DMKano said:
    Pesky said:

It's my own damn fault, I bought into the hype and I was absolutely desperate for something to play (they released it at just the right time, cause there was no competition).

But it's a terrible game for PvE players. The marketing and screenshots make it look really appealing for carebears, but don't be fooled. The only reason they want PvE players in their game is to provide killable content for the PKers.

I guess you somehow missed the open world PvP being pretty much a key feature?

How does this happen?
    We keep warning them but they never listen.  Maybe it's because of all those silly people in the honeymoon phase gushing about the game before they levelled up to the point where you're FORCED to go to the PvP areas to progress any further.  "But you don't have to do it!" they argue and then the PvE players lap it up without realizing that "But you don't have to do it" in a situation without alternate content is basically the equivalent of saying "But you don't have to play the game."

Oh well.  More lessons for everyone!
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Pesky said:

If you never want to PVP just join expeditions in any major city. There you can earn fame + silver and level your weapon/armor.

If you want to gather but never want to pvp just gather in the t4-t5 zones. Sell the lower tier materials and buy higher tier ones if you need them for crafting.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2017
    BruceYee said:

If you never want to PVP just join expeditions in any major city. There you can earn fame + silver and level your weapon/armor.

If you want to gather but never want to pvp just gather in the t4-t5 zones. Sell the lower tier materials and buy higher tier ones if you need them for crafting.

Aaaaaand that is how they roped them in...
    DMKano said:

How does this happen?
    I can tell you but it’s probably not appropriate for the forums. 
    MrMelGibson

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Those of you who know me know that I use to be the biggest fan boy of Albion Online. No longer. This game has lost its original vision of being a hardcore, full loot, PVP game and instead is implementing themepark, instanced, non full loot additions like the Arena. It is really a sad sight to see a game that could be dominating a niche try to expand to appease the casual players who blow like the wind and will leave the game as soon as something better shows up. In the current state of the game, I don't recommend anyone play Albion Online.
    Gdemami
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172

Blackboa said:

Those of you who know me know that I use to be the biggest fan boy of Albion Online. No longer. This game has lost its original vision of being a hardcore, full loot, PVP game and instead is implementing themepark, instanced, non full loot additions like the Arena. It is really a sad sight to see a game that could be dominating a niche try to expand to appease the casual players who blow like the wind and will leave the game as soon as something better shows up. In the current state of the game, I don't recommend anyone play Albion Online.

I remember when you was on here arguing with people about how good the game was going to be. What happen? Does I told you so mean anything. This always happens. There is NOT enough PvPers in the world to keep a only PvP game floating. Never has been...which is why they pretty much dont exist.
    MrMelGibson
    Blackboa said:
    BlackBoa at his finest...

-----

Dear Albion Community,

On my recent campaign to #MakeAlbionGreatAgain, I have taken it upon myself to combat people on forums who are spreading misinformation about the game and in fact are ruining the experience for others who may want to try the game while it is still in beta. The battle has been fierce and although I feel as though I have been doing a good job alone, the internet trolls are starting to come in and overwhelm me with opposing views of the game.

To this end, I require the help of the Albion Online community as I battle the internet trolls of the website mmorpg.com.

For those of you as passionate about Albion Online as I am, please take a moment and look / comment on these two discussion threads regarding Albion Online and say something positive / defend the game against malicious attacks of the internet trolls:

Let us unite under one banner and take down the internet trolls who seek to bring down the game we know and love!

Thank you for your cooperation in advance those of you who choose to participate.
    Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments

-----

Ah, memories...

MrMelGibson