Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaving Early Access Behind, GoE Launches on Steam - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLeaving Early Access Behind, GoE Launches on Steam - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

Guardians of Ember News - Guardians of Ember has officially left Early Access after nine months and a successful IndieGoGo campaign. With today's retail launch, players will discover content that is nearly three times the size it was at the start of EA as well as full localization in German and Spanish. To celebrate the big day, Insel Games has released a brand new trailer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Waiting for Lost Ark and Mu Legend
    ValentinaTheScavenger
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Mikeha said:

you can wait for Mu Legend but you wont be able to play Lost Ark US/EU befor 2019/20
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited September 2017
    Aori said:
    -shrug- or you could just play PoE for free.. :/
    What a nonsensical response!  It would be very frustrating to play it without spending some cash on it.  POE can get expensive if you want to enjoy it's full benefits.  More free to try, but you will still want to pay to play.

Personally that is why I like Grim Dawn better than POE, I am not constantly spending money on it.
    Excession3domAlomarXophViterzgirAgenionlinenow25Phry
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Mikeha said:

you can wait for Mu Legend but you wont be able to play Lost Ark US/EU befor 2019/20

And also waiting for Lineage Eternal and Justice.
    PhryTheScavenger
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    GoE is a pretty fun little time. But as a F2P it would probably do best.
    ScorchienmgilbrtsnValentinaOctagon7711

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Aori said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Aori said:
    What a nonsensical response!  It would be very frustrating to play it without spending some cash on it.  POE can get expensive if you want to enjoy it's full benefits.  More free to try, but you will still want to pay to play.

Personally that is why I like Grim Dawn better than POE, I am not constantly spending money on it.
    We're both talking about Path of Exile right?
    I don't think they played the same Path of Exile everyone else did.

That cash shop is the least intrusive cash shop I've ever experienced in my life. The only thing that was worth it was stash tabs, and even then you don't need those.

Although I do feel like this is a bit different of a game than POE, this seems a bit more story based and less ladder based. 
    BillMurphyTsiyaViterzgir
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    This is an MMO, PoE isn't, huge difference and very different games. PoE cash shop is the least intrusive thing ever, how anyone can take offense to that is really beyond me...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Aori said:
    lahnmir said:
    This is an MMO, PoE isn't, huge difference and very different games. PoE cash shop is the least intrusive thing ever, how anyone can take offense to that is really beyond me...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    From what I was told by early adopters is that it didn't feel anything like an MMO or anything really enjoyable from that matter. 
    I am an early adopter. And nowhere did I say it was actually good  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Looks fun will have to check it out.
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Aori said:

Ozmodan said:

Aori said:

We're both talking about Path of Exile right?

I don't think they played the same Path of Exile everyone else did.

That cash shop is the least intrusive cash shop I've ever experienced in my life. The only thing that was worth it was stash tabs, and even then you don't need those.

Although I do feel like this is a bit different of a game than POE, this seems a bit more story based and less ladder based. 

I agree that it's not intrusive, but I've played plenty of other games with similar cash shops. I just think the cosmetics are so hideous that nobody cares.
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I funded this based on the video and was super glad when I had went with a small package. Movement was terrible and I would press a skill and move after to have the skill cast behind me. It was not fun. Hope things are better but I don't think I will ever play it again.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Aori said:

I've never liked PoE, so another ARPG choice is good.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

Aori said:

bored to death of it. i dont like POE's "you gotta pick one of these high end specs to compete, no turning back, and grind mats all day, but not an MMO" style

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    Really, really tried to like this game, this isn't an MMO like they want to claim it is.  It doesn't even really have a player base anymore.  It is a basic multiplayer ARPG that still has lag issues.  Could have really been a great game but overall to many issues for me personally.

Personally if you want a great single player ARPG go get grim dawn which has an xpac coming in Oct.  If you want a multiplayer ARPG go get PoE.  Both of those are two of the best ARPG on the market today depending on which playstyle, single player or multiplayer you are looking for.
    simmihi
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Did this game significantly change? I remember buying it when it was discounted on steam... after 30 minutes of killing the same model of mobs and following a linear path, I've said to myself that this was the worst money investment I ever made in a game....
  • FuuManChew35FuuManChew35 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Pay to Play with Free to Play Cash shop. I wouldn't touch it.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I really like the music. :)
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    edited September 2017
    DMKano said:
    k61977 said:
    Really, really tried to like this game, this isn't an MMO like they want to claim it is.  It doesn't even really have a player base anymore.  It is a basic multiplayer ARPG that still has lag issues.  Could have really been a great game but overall to many issues for me personally.

Personally if you want a great single player ARPG go get grim dawn which has an xpac coming in Oct.  If you want a multiplayer ARPG go get PoE.  Both of those are two of the best ARPG on the market today depending on which playstyle, single player or multiplayer you are looking for.

It IS a MMO - because unlike PoE - 100s of players are all in the same zones with respawning mobs - which is a tradional MMO mechanic.

PoE does NOT have respawning mobs, and you can only clear zones with a small group, 100s of other players can't enter the same zone map your group is in. Mobs "respawn" only the when you reset the entire zone in PoE.

Again like I said - Guardian of Ember is a themepark a mmo with arpg camera and combat - exactly like Devilian, MU Legends, ELOA (and many other korean mmo-arpg hyrbids) - and sadly Guardians of Ember is near the bottom of the list in terms of quality.

This game should NEVER be compared to PoE, Grim Dawn, Diablo etc.. as it's only that in terms of how it looks and combat.

Everything else plays exactly like a themepark MMO - linear questing, linear gear progression, linear builds, respawning mobs etc....

compared to traditional ARPGs - crazy amount of loot (inventory tetris), 1000s of gearing and build options (like PoE) - none of this exists in Guardian of Ember - because it's not an ARPG in core design, it's a themepark MMO (just like again Devilian, MU legends, ELOA - upcoming Lost ARK is also a themepark MMO with ARPG combat and camera - so compare it to those games).

We just have to disagree and that is OK.  To me it is not a MMO, it is closer to a ARPG.  For me MMO means thousands in the same world not hundreds by the way, but that is subjective just like the term MMO.

Linear gear is ARPG also by the way.  Your gear gets better as you go, you don't downgrade, just look at a game like say Diablo 3 where once you get your endgame gear that is it you don't get more gear till they increase or change something with an xpac.

The only thing in this game that resembles a MMO is questing, and even then most ARPG have that to. 

So like I said if you want to play a game that resembles a ARPG solo you play Grim Dawn as it is the best solo ARPG on the market today.  If you want to play a multiplayer ARPG play PoE as it is in the top of the market.  This game along with the Devilian, etc are just cash grab crap.

Lastly if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is probably a duck.
  • freedomaniafreedomania Member UncommonPosts: 25

Mikeha said:

me too

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Lost Ark PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I won't play that game. That "pay money to expand inventory" nonsense by itself is already reason enough. What are you paying there for? For additional content? For something they put work into? Nope. You pay for them to remove an obstacle they invested time in to create.

It's like going to a movie theatre, to have one of the staff sit behind you and constantly bump the back of your chair unless you pay them to stop.

If it's about paying money for newly created fancy content? Then sure, I might do that if I think it's worth it. But paying money to remove limits artificially placed on you? Nah thanks. There are enough good games out there without such nonsense.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I must admit I am enjoying it so far

the only issue I have is that after purchase, my claims only went to my first character, and I wanted to try all classes to 10 or so before proceeding, and having the mount and pet is nice, but the character I really enjoy most so far doesn't have it
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

Ozmodan said:

Aori said:

What Exactly are you "Constantly Spending Cash On" in PoE? Cosmetic MTX? Your buying 90+ Bank Spaces over time? Which are completely not needed. Especially if you play Seasons because your bank stash from your season carries over to any Non-Season league as Remove only items.

Your post screams at trying to bash PoE about its MTX which is actually one of its strongest points. Now if you complained about balance, constant one shots even with proper high investment into health/energy shield (as close to at least 200% passives as you can along with Life/Energy shield on every item you can); terrible to non-existent defensive options that lead to the current EHP or bust; constant destruction of builds and ability gems being nerfed to uselessness sure I would 100% agree to you.

But what your saying is factually wrong.
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95

Ozmodan said:

Aori said:

Played 3000 hours of poe without spending a cent and completed all content and hitting 100 multiple times in hc. Never felt the need of spending money.

asdasdasd

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    so as a casual gamer nowadays, I am enjoying this game quite a bit, I have every class to 10-12 so far, and started doing some Horde runs. I like the depth of the customization, and I like the fact that there are zero cookie cutter guides out there. I like that my Priest can wield a pistol/shield, or dual wield daggers, or carry a crossbow. I like that my Ranger can wield a wand and a shield. It makes for some interesting customization so far

It will probably suck in a few weeks, as everyone else hates it, but I am enjoying my time so far, and in no rush
    [Deleted User]ManWithNoTan