Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle Royale Mode Goes Free for All on Sep 26th - Fortnite Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBattle Royale Mode Goes Free for All on Sep 26th - Fortnite Videos - MMORPG.com

Epic has announced that the new Fortnite Battle Royale game mode will be going free for all players starting on September 26th. Battle Royale places a hundred players on a single map and challenges them to be the "last one standing".

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Well now. That's unexpected, and possibly very smart. As long as the full game remains one and they don't pull an H1Z1.
    Octagon7711

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Well now. That's unexpected, and possibly very smart. As long as the full game remains one and they don't pull an H1Z1.
    I've been sceptical from the beginning too. I have a feeling it's another H1Z1 and will turn B2P.

• aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I actually wouldn't mind trying to out.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I have to warn you folks that getting weapons and heroes and gear is all RNG based from lootboxes. Also that hacking is a thing already in this one.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited September 2017
    PUBG Clone :3... Although the game feels more cartoon, and more for kids rather than PUBG. As far as hackers hopefully they use Battleye want to see them banned.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Talonsin said:

I have to warn you folks that getting weapons and heroes and gear is all RNG based from lootboxes. Also that hacking is a thing already in this one.

That's only for PvE, which still have to pay for Early Access. EPIC did say cosmetics and "compendium" will be introduced at some point.

[QUOTE]
    So, what’s the catch?
    No catch. Fortnite Battle Royale is free and we will not sell items that give a competitive advantage. At some point in the future we will sell other things including cosmetics or compendium-like content.
    [/QUOTE]
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-battle-royale-goes-free
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Looks like fun. The building aspect seems to add considerable depth. Problem with f2p is that people can misbehave and get banned/rejoin with impunity.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    edited September 2017
    Looks like a fun mode!

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Renoaku said:

PUBG Clone :3...

Although the game feels more cartoon, and more for kids rather than PUBG.

As far as hackers hopefully they use Battleye want to see them banned.

The game overall isn't a PUBG clone though. This mode is yeah, but the game itself is nothing like PUBG at all.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    edited September 2017
    Where do they say it will be free for all?

Your link says "Fortnite players have access to the Public Test right now before the mode is officially available on Sept. 26."... Which to me sounds like only people who brought into the early access will have access when the game mode launches... not the game going into F2P on Sep. 26.

Edit: Nvm, this would have been a much better link than a 8 day old link :wink:
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/royale-with-cheese/67471-fortnite-battle-royale-free-sept-26-faq

"Is Battle Royale really free?
    Yes, starting on September 26. We launched a public test and it worked better than we expected. We want the game to reach as many players as possible, so we decided to release Battle Royale for free sooner than we anticipated."
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Great idea for potentially getting people into the other side of the house. 
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Thanx for showing me what Battle Royale is. Now i know its a lazy-design game where devs are needed to create a map and several weapon/armour items only. Like 2-3 weeks of intense work... Today's gamers are sooooo easily pleased...
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Thanx for showing me what Battle Royale is. Now i know its a lazy-design game where devs are needed to create a map and several weapon/armour items only. Like 2-3 weeks of intense work... Today's gamers are sooooo easily pleased...

That's what people want in PvP games, a map where people can compete against each other, no boring naration, no boring questing, no boring crafting, just pure gameplay, you login, you connect to server, and you play, that's is, this is why PUBG broke records, ONLY GAMEPLAY, that's what we want for PvP, and that's why most MMOs are dead, they fail to understand that, they became way to "bureaucrate"