Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week at GameSpace - Reviews Galore - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThis Week at GameSpace - Reviews Galore - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

This past week was a huge one for reviews of big name titles over at GameSpace.com. Some of our most recent reviews include Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Awake, Destiny 2, NHL 18, as well as sneak peeks at Blood Bowl and Lost Sphear to name a few of our great articles on our sister site. If you're looking for new games, check these out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The only thing I have an issue with on Gamespace is how high every review score seems to be. I mean an opinion is an opinion, but I remember how hard it was to see any magazine or publication giving out perfect scores, or close to it, but I see Destiny 2 got a 10, and Edith Finch. Both of which are great but by no means perfect. I guess opinions are opinions though, I still think it's a neat site.
    AvarixMaelzraelAlomarUkurv[Deleted User]JemAs666Viper482
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited September 2017
    Even Zelda didn't get a 10. But I appreciate our reviewers' views, so I usually don't change scores if I can help it. I also think we've seen an incredible string of great games this year. Like, unprecedentedly great stuff. Indies and AAA alike.
    [Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Retro Rampage 8.5 and i am suppose to take that site seriously?Not a chance in hell.
    Yes a few good games mentioned but the scores at game space are always inflated and imo just awful.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

The only thing I have an issue with on Gamespace is how high every review score seems to be. I mean an opinion is an opinion, but I remember how hard it was to see any magazine or publication giving out perfect scores, or close to it, but I see Destiny 2 got a 10, and Edith Finch. Both of which are great but by no means perfect. I guess opinions are opinions though, I still think it's a neat site.

I thought they were fair. I guess it's all a mater of opinion either way you look at it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Wizardry said:

Retro Rampage 8.5 and i am suppose to take that site seriously?Not a chance in hell.
    Yes a few good games mentioned but the scores at game space are always inflated and imo just awful.

Odd, we didn't review Retro Rampage. We reviewed Retro City Rampage DX, which does have a 9/10 on Steam after 1500+ reviews. But maybe this Retro Rampage is a stinker?
    forcelima

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2017

Wizardry said:

Amazingly, and flying in the face of your words, it seems that Retro-CITY Rampage is well considered. At MetaCritic, it scores a whopping 9.3 based on a small number of user and critic reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/retro-city-rampage-dx

HOWEVER, on Steam for the PC version, users have scored it over 1500 times and it weighs in at "Very Positive" and 9/10.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204630/Retro_City_Rampage_DX/

Perhaps it's simply not your kind of game which would, of course, color your opinion. Not every game is meant to be played by every gamer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I like both sites very much. Bill good work and thanks for bringing the reviews to this site too. I find I spend a lot of time here and lately I have been focusing more on single player games (taking a little break from ESO). For the kingdom game do you think it is something for someone who likes to get lost in adventures? Graphics aren't a big deal to me, but I like to have a world engulf me when I play games.
    SBFord

perrin82 said:

I like both sites very much. Bill good work and thanks for bringing the reviews to this site too. I find I spend a lot of time here and lately I have been focusing more on single player games (taking a little break from ESO). For the kingdom game do you think it is something for someone who likes to get lost in adventures? Graphics aren't a big deal to me, but I like to have a world engulf me when I play games.

Nope, not an adventure type game. More of a simulator/roguelike. It's great, but not like an RPG or Metroidvania.

My Review Manifesto

Bill, is MMOFTW retired for good?  I miss that segment ... even if it is a bit depressing at times.

I actually hope to resurrect it soon. I now have a home office again. :)
    laserit[Deleted User]SBFord[Deleted User]

My Review Manifesto

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Bill, is MMOFTW retired for good?  I miss that segment ... even if it is a bit depressing at times.

I actually hope to resurrect it soon. I now have a home office again. :)
    (cough) Man Cave
    SBFord[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

DMKano said:

I have never played a 10/10 game.

Played a handful of 9s, even a few 9.5, maybe a single 9.8 game.

But 10? I see that score - and I know the review is poo

IF it's not possible to play a 10/10 game then there is no point in even having the score.

All scores need to be "possible" since nothing can ever be perfect.

Therefore, a 10/10 game should probably be "an excellent game". At least in the eyes of the reviewer.

[Deleted User]SBFord
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo