Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To any Beta tester this may concern...

SmackjabberSmackjabber Member UncommonPosts: 33

Please do your job. That’s all I among prob many others ask. I know for one thing  Beta testing IS indeed a very important part of any MMO it makes for a fun game in the end.

Please test those mobs to make sure their AI in unfriendly to exploits.

Rooftop camping staying just out of their range or the area they use to chase you to solo those uber mobs way higher lvl than you.

Make sure quests can’t be somehow exploited, in a VERY negative way. (Anyone remember the Gadgetzan Egg quest in WoW?).

Check for possible dupe methods. IE: Disconnect trades (FFXI)  Lag trades (WoW) or loot lag disconnect so when you log back in the loot isn’t picked up or lag yourself and grab loot and close the box so when it’s reopened loot is still their. (SWG).

And last but not least the overall playability of the game. Don’t forget to tell these guys how it looks how it plays things you don’t like / do like or the things that need to be worked on. Take for instance Auto Assault. As a lvl 7 Bounty Hunter in that game I was able to tag and kill the “Boss” mobs in the first big human zone over and over I had like 8 noobies begging for me to stop and let them complete their quest but I didn’t… why do you ask? Because the loot was that good I had 13 of the money amount (the gold bar one) next to the first money amount after one day of finding this out. All at lvl seven I told the general population about it and sent in a beta ticket about it. Was it changed I have no idea because I will not play a game like that (think about the farmers and people that would do that for money). That was eight people that possibly won’t play that game because of one person’s actions. You may say well Smack you are an ass for doing it but this was in beta people. I did my job is how I looked at it. Think of the people that don’t care about the community or anyone else that would do this in this game.

What I am asking people is PLEASE do your job and do it well in this beta think about little ways to get an edge over the other players and certain situations and look around you or try to figure out how the game is working to get around things trust me think like a crook and ideas will come to you. Because as a WoW player ATM with experience with almost every MMO from SWG to FFXI all the way to CoH and most of the MMO’s in between I have been looking at a game like this for a very long time and I just want it to be fun.

Flame me if you want people but you all know gamers like me are out their and that’s the truth.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Yes, I would say to all the Beta testers who are complaining in every board how Vanguard is going to disappoint us all, to get back testing the game, or give the account to someone else who genuinely wants to test the game, not just play it.

People seems to forget that Beta 2 for Sigil, is more like and advanced Alpha than a proper beta.
    Sigil stated that the real beta will start with Beta 3 which equal Beta 1 in other games.
    At the moment the game is still under construction, or better, it's almost finished, they just need to put all the features together and make them work as they intended to be.
    The features are pretty much there, but most of them are switched off and some are still broken.
    So no surprise you will find that the game is not fun.

After all the features will be implemented and somewhat they are working, then the proper Beta will start (Beta 3).
    For the time being, I will say to all the NDA breakers to get back testing and stop reviewing a game based on an early beta experience.
    We all know that a game in early beta looks crap, we don't need anyone to remind it to us thanks.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Was like two, maybe three, months ago (I recall it was two days after I got my DDO beta invite) I got my invitation to apply for the beta, which I filled in and sent back.

Fingers crossed that I get the invite for a seat in Beta 3 -- which I think may be ramping up soon?

I tend not to like to get into any early betas anyway.  I like to see the in a more complete state so I know that what I am testing might survive into release.

Beta 3 should be the real test, and hopefully many of us will get our personal chance to test the game then.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by SpiritofGame
    Was like two, maybe three, months ago (I recall it was two days after I got my DDO beta invite) I got my invitation to apply for the beta, which I filled in and sent back.
    Fingers crossed that I get the invite for a seat in Beta 3 -- which I think may be ramping up soon?
    I tend not to like to get into any early betas anyway.  I like to see the in a more complete state so I know that what I am testing might survive into release.
    Beta 3 should be the real test, and hopefully many of us will get our personal chance to test the game then.

i agree, even though i would love to beta test this game sometimes i think that maybe i don't want to because i don't want to see it in its unfinished state.

also i sometimes feel that if i play the game now it will ruin the surprise for me when i play the game for real when the game is released, so i don't know lol...

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....