Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: The $45,000 refund was fake - updated

124»

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    The guy made reference to a corp which they didn't comment on at all, just the posters account.
    Why would they if it was fake?

All CIG had to follow up was the ticket ID present on the screens and/or timestamps to find the supposed ticket, everything else would be the backstory for the 45k value.
    I think it would have been easier to say the org was fake and there was only one guy's account involved then to not comment because they were fake.  

CIG's answer was selective for some reason.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    I think it would have been easier to say the org was fake and there was only one guy's account involved then to not comment because they were fake.  

Even the org story was all money in his hands, 3 people, 45k, one account.

So this is about the account in question and its refund, not the supposed org.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Torval said:
    MaxBacon said:
    The guy made reference to a corp which they didn't comment on at all, just the posters account.
    Why would they if it was fake?

All CIG had to follow up was the ticket ID present on the screens and/or timestamps to find the supposed ticket, everything else would be the backstory for the 45k value.

Could be but then gamers love to read volumes into every word and sentence and I don't think it's an exaggeration to add, excessively so. Who can read another's motivations? You can only judge people by their actions.
    That is true on all fronts which is why I hate when people just don't come out and say what they mean. Granted I'm guilty of that too at times but CIG is avoiding directly commenting on the 45k or not and it raises red flags for some
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2017
    Its hilarious all the conspiracy theories in this thread. The haters are grasping at so many straws so they feel vindicated they have to start posting like they are fake news conspiracy nutters. This is one of the most entertaining threads the past week, only beaten by the stupid shit they added (literal shit).
    ExcessionFrodoFraginsDakeru

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Kefo said:
    That is true on all fronts which is why I hate when people just don't come out and say what they mean. Granted I'm guilty of that too at times but CIG is avoiding directly commenting on the 45k or not and it raises red flags for some
    The real red flag is that the guy could have proven easily CIG is lying and his 45k refund was real, and he just deleted his account. lol

For someone who went through all that effort to show how his refund was real, for sure drops the ball quickly when the media contacts him, being able to easily prove it legit and that CIG was lying about the refund in the media.

Because the ball lies on him; if he dropped it and ran away then that speaks for itself.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    With both sides cought so many times lying through their teeth threads like this are meaningless. Hates will find holes in the answer and knights will see vindication of their faith.

Its all a matter of faith and not facts at this point.

Meh!
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    The real red flag is that the guy could have proven easily CIG is lying and his 45k refund was real, and he just deleted his account. lol

For someone who went through all that effort to show how his refund was real, for sure drops the ball quickly when the media contacts him, being able to easily prove it legit and that CIG was lying about the refund in the media.

Because the ball lies on him; if he dropped it and ran away then that speaks for itself.
    Have you met the fanatical fan base of SC. The person was probably receiving multiple death threats for pulling any money out of the project and who knows how many other replies telling him what he should go do with himself 
    jimmywolf
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

>>>> The person was probably receiving multiple death threats for pulling any money out of the project and who knows how many other replies telling him what he should go do >>>>

That is Goon style you are describing...

time honored and proven tradition.

Have fun
    Excessionjimmywolf
    Erillion said:

>>>> The person was probably receiving multiple death threats for pulling any money out of the project and who knows how many other replies telling him what he should go do >>>>

Have fun
    You seriously just tried to dismiss that by saying only goons do that? I suppose I should thank you for the good laugh at least 
    edited September 2017
    Here's how you fake it:

https://i.imgur.com/gof91HC.gif

I'm rich! I wish. You'd think a page refresh will reload any edits, but with proper scripts it's impossible to tell the difference. I had to try several times to ensure the script changing the text wasn't visible btw.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    [Deleted User]
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Didn't the Goons throw a fit on the SC forums, get banned, and all left......oh ya they did.

So why would they go after the guy who got a refund.........

May be there style but just not in this instance.

That was the SC fans...just like another article they didn't like.

Have fun.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:

And this is a great example of how much crap made to look legitimate is fabricated here, now here it is CIG officially reacts and states that the details of that refund were faked. This also tells about the refunds sub credibility when the admins claimed they personally verified the legitimacy of that refund...

You'll be pleased to know that the mod stepped down, the full post about this drama can be read at https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/705vtk/re_the_drama/

Octagon7711Kefo
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nyctelios said:
    I feel so proud of myself for not understanding what people get from this tribalistic behavior on the internet. 

What do you get carrying the flag of the bunny god to destroy the heretics of the duck god?

This is not a soccer match. There are no sides.
    It's exactly how I make sense of it.  It's the same mentality sports fans have for their favorite teams.  They defend them to the death unless they're really let down then they turn on them for being let down.  But the top fans never relent and always, always have a counter.  They are the cheerleaders of an MMO, and reflect team spirit. 

So yes just like a soccer match and they do take sides, and probably keep score.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

You'll be pleased to know that the mod stepped down, the full post about this drama can be read at 
    I saw, but nothing to be pleased about because they won't change anything, even some people who refunded seeing the massive amount of supposed refunds under shell accs and such called out what's going on, they don't care if it is real or not, the more posted the more they celebrate.
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    You'll be pleased to know that the mod stepped down, the full post about this drama can be read at 
    I saw, but nothing to be pleased about because they won't change anything, even some people who refunded seeing the massive amount of supposed refunds under shell accs and such called out what's going on, they don't care if it is real or not, the more posted the more they celebrate.

LOL, never happy....

I thought it was pretty decent of him to hold his hands up and take responsibilty for the mistake, he certainly didn't have to do that.

MaxBacon
    edited September 2017
    LOL, never happy.... I thought it was pretty decent of him to hold his hands up and take responsibilty for the mistake, he certainly didn't have to do that.
    My post was mentioning their behavior and approach to this by default, not specifically him and this situation that by self is one exception where something was attempted to be verified.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited September 2017
    Talonsin said:
    MaxBacon said:

What's the benefit you ask? Do they want to feel important for unmasking some great conspiracy that doesn't exist? Whatever it is, it shows no lack of motivation.
    LOL, you need to slow down a bit and think about your wording.  It shows plenty of "motivation", what it lacks is imagination.
    post deleted...