Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Legends of Equestria Video Podcast

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageFirst Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Legends of Equestria Video Podcast

Legends of Equestria is a new indie MMO that should make My Little Pony fans whinny with joy. Seeing as he has a 5 year old daughter who is SUPER into ponies, TheHiveLeader had to check it out. HAD TO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LunarhoundLunarhound Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited September 2017
    I'm not an expert on the show or anything, but one of the things that bothers me a little about this is that it seems odd to have a big portion of the game focused on combat. While it definitely would have been more work, I would think an approach similar to Free Realms would have worked. Something that had them incorporating different mini games to represent different activities. Combat could still be there, of course, but it wouldn't have to be the bulk of the game play. Just as much emphasis could be placed on things like gardening, cooking, etc. I've only seen a handful of episodes, so for all I know, the ponies are getting in brawls left and right, but somehow, I doubt it. That said, I agree that it does look great for what is essentially a fan game. I don't know if I can see myself playing it, except maybe to fly around as a pegasus for a while, but I would absolutely show it to my niece, who is a huge Pony fan.
    GladDogDavodtheTuttlancerxx
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I always thought it was a joke, not something they were making. I may have to check this one out, if only to find something for my niece to play. Who knows, I did like Hello Kitty Online for a short time.
    XarkoLunarhoundGladDog
  • LunarhoundLunarhound Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I still wonder how they're getting away with it without a cease and desist. I would think the mention of Equestria is enough to provoke one, nevermind the on-the-nose cameos and references.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I actually like the cartoon, but there is such a stigma associated with being an old guy watching this show. It is really hard for me to be comfortable with being associated with 'Bronies'

I mean, where else can you get stuff like Pinkie Pie's 'SMILE' song?

ZombieCatDavodtheTutt

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    DavodtheTutt
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    MLP... MMO? *walks away*
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Awesome and fair video! :) Your daughter's got a future in voice overs too! :D
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2017
    Brings back so many memories of watching Teletubbies with my daughter and trying to amuse myself by watching Tinky Winky extra carefully to see if there was something to Anita Bryant's claims (they all looked equally asexual to me.)

I was so glad when she outgrew that and wanted to watch The Big Comfy Couch... Loonette was a babe.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2017
    "they all suck !" yeah nice statement until the next paid endorsement.
    They all suck,so since this site has past fully endorsed Wiz 101,Hive is saying wiz 101 sucks?

The ever usual "art style" excuse.
    NO it is as low end graphics as low end can get,it looks cheap,like little effort put into it.The graphics are meant to mimic the cartoon and are not meant to be quality graphics,yet so many people want to make excuses for poor quality graphics.That is not to say you can't claim that you like them or accept them but to say they are good quality graphics is dishonest because they are very cheap 8 bit graphics.

Nobody improves a game by endorsing it and telling people it is great,you improve by bringing up a game's problem areas.This is acknowledged by the developer knowing there are bugs that need to be fixed.Well bugs are not the only thing,game design and ideas can often and should often be critiqued as well,unless of course just posting videos for business purposes and no real care for the game.

Here is a more honest video and NOT one by a website paying someone to endorse a game.

strangeside

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Wizardry said:

"they all suck !" yeah nice statement until the next paid endorsement.

They all suck,so since this site has past fully endorsed Wiz 101,Hive is saying wiz 101 sucks?

The ever usual "art style" excuse.

NO it is as low end graphics as low end can get,it looks cheap,like little effort put into it.The graphics are meant to mimic the cartoon and are not meant to be quality graphics,yet so many people want to make excuses for poor quality graphics.That is not to say you can't claim that you like them or accept them but to say they are good quality graphics is dishonest because they are very cheap 8 bit graphics.

Nobody improves a game by endorsing it and telling people it is great,you improve by bringing up a game's problem areas.This is acknowledged by the developer knowing there are bugs that need to be fixed.Well bugs are not the only thing,game design and ideas can often and should often be critiqued as well,unless of course just posting videos for business purposes and no real care for the game.

Here is a more honest video and NOT one by a website paying someone to endorse a game.

Wizardry, your comments always amuse me.
    maskedweaselSBFord[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Me too. I always picture him on his front porch wearing a plaid bathrobe, shaking a cane at us.

He gets extra points from me for the voice and tone of his tax accountant doing the review he posted... comedy gold!

SBFord
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Iselin said:

Me too. I always picture him on his front porch wearing a plaid bathrobe, shaking a cane at us.

He gets extra points from me for the voice and tone of his tax accountant doing the review he posted... comedy gold!

What's doubly amusing is that this is a fan project not anything that we could get "paid advertising for" despite how desperately we WANT it....because, boy, that's what pays my bills every month. LOL
    lancerxx[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2017
    Its a sad day when a mylittlepony mmo has more complex combat and skill customization than half the other mmos on the market. Good video btw
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited September 2017
    This video filled me with joy and regret. Joy in seeing an indie developer produce and release their game. And regrets over not starting a family of my own. I hope this game has a strong female presence among the developers and leads. I wish them good luck. I wish the two of you good luck in your development of a future girl gamer.
    Excession

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Well, MMO's for younger audiences should also be a thing, reminds me younger on Wizard 101.

Though they do tend to heavily monetize online kid games.