Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone put money into Wild West Online?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Just curious:  Does anyone trust this game's developers enough to have invested cash at this point?  If so, why were you willing to do so with so little information available on the game?  It just doesn't seem like a safe bet to me.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2017
    TheScavengerRealizerBruceYeeTalonsinpantaro[Deleted User]Tokken
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    parks and recreation GIF
    AsheramBruceYeepantaro[Deleted User]aleos

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited August 2017

I would like too but it sounds too risky to me.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    yeah ,I am drop 40$ , if this fail I am not going to crying around , it have to be just my bad
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Nope, even if Sergey Titov is only involved in licensing the game engine, he would still get a portion of my money.  I just can not support a person who I feel exemplifies all that is wrong with the gaming industry. 

DakeruKyleranvito11[Deleted User]Maurgrimaleos
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited September 2017
    Alpha starts on September15th and $40 gets you in it I might try that, with the whole free refund thing.
    I noticed they changed the wording in the refund paragraph to "as long as you decide to get refund before september 27th", didn't it used to be before the final alpha phase?

http://buy.playwwo.com/
    "We offer unconditional refunds. As a team, we all agreed that it's unfair to get caught up in the hype of a new game and end up getting burned. We do not want you to feel like you bought into a game that isn't what you hoped for. 

So, we'll let you refund your early bird purchase with no questions asked. This gives you a chance to play the Alpha yourself, and opt-out if you think the game won't develop into the game you wanted. There are no restrictions on amount of time you have played, and there are no limits on how long you owned the game — so long as you decide before September 27, 2017 you will be granted a full refund."

If I buy it now its still considered and early bird purchase right?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Talonsin said:
    Nope, even if Sergey Titov is only involved in licensing the game engine, he would still get a portion of my money.  I just can not support a person who I feel exemplifies all that is wrong with the gaming industry. 

Whoa the War Z dude is involved with WWO? That's not good. I'll pass until the game actually comes out and I can see it for myself.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    At the end of the day it's only $40, if it turns out to be crap, will you really miss the money?

If the answer is no, go for it.

(Then you can tell me all about it before I spend my money) ;)
    SovrathSandmanjw

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Talonsin said:

Whoa the War Z dude is involved with WWO? That's not good. I'll pass until the game actually comes out and I can see it for myself.
    Supposedly they are just using his game engine.
    edited September 2017
    So looking farther into it they did change the wording from deciding before the 2nd alpha phase to september 27th, which as you can see from the schedule is "decide from playing 2- 3 day play periods" which puts the cut off before the 1st alpha is even over.
    To me is not enough time to make an assessment for a refund or not. If it was a continuous 24/7 1-2 week period I would but I am back to a "wait and see" stance.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/wild-west-online/news/limited-time-early-bird-preorder-program-revealed-1000044471

[Deleted User]
  • colossus972colossus972 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    It's got promise....but so did  War Z or whatever it was. It kinda feels like a reskinning of that game. Looks good....just not a lot to do in it yet. I threw some money at it so time will tell.....
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    It's got promise....but so did  War Z or whatever it was. It kinda feels like a reskinning of that game. Looks good....just not a lot to do in it yet. I threw some money at it so time will tell.....
    It feels like a reskin because that's what it is.
    MadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    It feels like a reskin because that's what it is.
    And War Z itself got reskinned and re-released....  As another zombie survival title.

• jenniferdehner9jenniferdehner9 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2023
    It's got promise....but so did  War Z or whatever it was. It kinda feels like a reskinning of that game. Looks good....just not a lot to do in it yet. I threw some money at https://paydaysay.com/loans-like-speedy-cash/ it so time will tell.....
      I agree, it's essential to approach games like these with a bit of caution, especially when they're in early development. The concept may show promise, but as you mentioned, the actual gameplay and content might not be fully fleshed out yet. It's great to hear you've invested some money; this allows you to experience the game's evolution. Time will indeed tell how it develops, and it's exciting to see how these early-access games grow and expand over time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!