Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% of Adoption Fee from New Battle Pet to Go to Charity - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image100% of Adoption Fee from New Battle Pet to Go to Charity - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - From now through December 31st, 100% of the "adoption" (purchase) price of the World of Warcraft battle pet, "Shadow", will be split evenly between the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to assist with relief efforts around the world. The US purchase price is $10, with the EU price at 10 Euros.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2017
    *waits for the obligatory "Blizzard is a greedy company for not donating all of their profits to disaster relief" posts*

I bought mine and three more for friends. Kudos to Blizzard for again providing millions in disaster relief.
    IceAgeNephethklash2def

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Would have been more fun if it was for PETA.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Giving 100% of the proceeds is commendable.

Kudos to Blizz
    SBFord

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited September 2017

SBFord said:

*waits for the obligatory "Blizzard is a greedy company for not donating all of their profits to disaster relief" posts*

I bought mine and three more for friends. Kudos to Blizzard for again providing millions in disaster relief.

What are you talking about?

This is obviously a ploy by BUNGIE to garner some sort of something from suckers!!

SBFord
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Just bought mine a minute ago. Hope enough people consider buying one.
    SBFord

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I haven't been a subscriber to WoW for years now, but this type of effort is commendable. Nice going Blizzard & nice going to the WoW players that purchase this battle-pet.
    SBFord
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    people always using the term Blizzard,that is just a business title it is not REAL people.

The person who rolls the dice is Bobby kotick.he has PAID staff to build up Blizzard's PR and they do it via various means but almost NEVER out of their own pocket or having Kotick get of his lazy ass.

Paying staff employees to do this is not the same as say PK Subban going to visit sick children's hospital on HIS time,HIS money ,HIS own effort,he is not paying staff or someone to do it for him.

As well there are always rich people giving to charity,it is out their own pocket though,Kotick does not do that.Way back with COD he did some tournament to give COD good PR because he used that money  to give to some veterans charity.That was done for Blizzard,for the COD franchise and NOT for vets.MOST of that money was from vets or military people in the tournament,it was NOT out of Kotick's pocket just like these sales are doing the same thing.

So gamer's are the good people IF again it is for the purpose and not just to get a battle pet but Kotick will take all the credit even though he doesn't have to do a single thing,his paid staff does all thew work.

here is a hint,when you are PAID to do something and garnering personal gains from doing something, it is NOT the same as a true person with a warm heart,not even remotely close to the same.
    tell Kotick to get off his ass and go visit sick children's hospital on HIS time,his money and without his PR staff rolling the video,then we can talk.
    Nepheth

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Wizardry said:
    people always using the term Blizzard,that is just a business title it is not REAL people.

So they employ mannequins?
    SBFordConstantineMerus
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I don't play WoW anymore and haven't for years, but I think this is a great idea for those who may not otherwise give to worthy causes. Also Red Cross does much more than you could ever imagine in these situations to help and they are awesome, so big-ups to those who give money to help.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Nah, I'll be honest. SE is pretty greedy. All you hear is echos officially while the community over there raised money for the disaster in Texas I believe.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Awesome. Though I don't trust the red cross to put the money to good use.
    LeiloniHorusra
    Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

Nah, I'll be honest. SE is pretty greedy. All you hear is echos officially while the community over there raised money for the disaster in Texas I believe.
    Oh! I'll look into that!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    SBFord said:
    Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

Oh! I'll look into that!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/345097-FFXIV-community-raised-21-000-for-natural-disaster-relief-charity

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6ysp9e/lalafell_invasion_for_hurricane_relief_a_12hr/

SBFord
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited September 2017

Aori said:

Real shame they choose the Red Cross. What a waste of a generosity. 

Despite the "bloat," the Red Cross actually does a lot of good - I just wish more of the donated funds went for said good. Red Cross is not a 100% volunteer based charitable organization so it should be expected, to a point.
  • triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Who's to say they will even give 100% of sales?
    Could easily say they only sold 1000 when they actually sold 10000.

I will never believe anything companies say, and I can't believe other people take what they say as the 100% truth
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Forgrimm said:
    Wizardry said:

So they employ mannequins?
    Imagine to learn about that after an interview.
    "well, we thought a mannequin could do your job just as good and would never file for sexual harassment neither."
    SBFord
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    dope! this is something i can get behind! Even though I dont play wow anymore, I love this
    SBFord
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Bought mine!
    SBFord
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wizardry said:

The person who rolls the dice is Bobby kotick.he has PAID staff to build up Blizzard's PR and they do it via various means but almost NEVER out of their own pocket or having Kotick get of his lazy ass.

Paying staff employees to do this is not the same as say PK Subban going to visit sick children's hospital on HIS time,HIS money ,HIS own effort,he is not paying staff or someone to do it for him.

As well there are always rich people giving to charity,it is out their own pocket though,Kotick does not do that.Way back with COD he did some tournament to give COD good PR because he used that money  to give to some veterans charity.That was done for Blizzard,for the COD franchise and NOT for vets.MOST of that money was from vets or military people in the tournament,it was NOT out of Kotick's pocket just like these sales are doing the same thing.

So gamer's are the good people IF again it is for the purpose and not just to get a battle pet but Kotick will take all the credit even though he doesn't have to do a single thing,his paid staff does all thew work.

here is a hint,when you are PAID to do something and garnering personal gains from doing something, it is NOT the same as a true person with a warm heart,not even remotely close to the same.
    tell Kotick to get off his ass and go visit sick children's hospital on HIS time,his money and without his PR staff rolling the video,then we can talk.
    Why the hell does he have to do that? They make no profits at all and spend money on creating the pet and advertising it. So yeah, they ' lost'  money on this one. Why on earth does Kotick have to take it out of his own wallet when his company can achieve so much more?

There is no pleasing some people I guess, this is a perfect example. Unless FFXI became a person and personally donated some money I can't see you being pleased at all, with anything concerning gaming that is.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    He's adorable /runs out and buys one.
    SBFord
    Chamber of Chains
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited September 2017
    God damn, some people are cynical bastards.  That must be a miserable way to live.
    SBFordAvarix
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    triikor said:
    Who's to say they will even give 100% of sales?
    Could easily say they only sold 1000 when they actually sold 10000.

I will never believe anything companies say, and I can't believe other people take what they say as the 100% truth
    The larger the amount they donate by virtue of these sales the better PR they will get from it. There is absolutely no benefit to them to report a  lesser amount of sales.

Aside from that, they may also get some kind of tax break based on the amount, as I believe even corporations get some related benefit from donations they make.
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    SBFord said:
    If one of the main worker of this site posts that kind of provocation, then it's seriously something wrong going on with this portal.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Cygi said:
    SBFord said:
    If one of the main worker of this site posts that kind of provocation, then it's seriously something wrong going on with this portal.
    Yep, idiotic posters.