Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA - PAX West 2017 - Hands on with the Console Version - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTERA - PAX West 2017 - Hands on with the Console Version - MMORPG.com

Tera has been around on the free-to-play MMORPG for PC’s for a few years and has garnered itself a large following of fans and players. Now, as the game readies to make it jump from PC exclusive to the F2P console market En Masse is ready to give players their first taste of what it’s like to play Tera on a console. We were able to snag some hands-on time with the upcoming port at PAX and check out how it feels to play Tera on its new home.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    been waiting for this. played it on PC but didnt care for the controls.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    If I played my console more, this would probably be the MMO I'd play on it (PS4). It's a solid 3rd-person hack and slash. Its only real problem is that it's a one trick pony - the combat is the best thing about it, but everything else is just sort of "meh".

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    If I played my console more, this would probably be the MMO I'd play on it (PS4). It's a solid 3rd-person hack and slash. Its only real problem is that it's a one trick pony - the combat is the best thing about it, but everything else is just sort of "meh".
    buzz kill
    BillMurphy
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Moxom914 said:

buzz kill

Sorry! I enjoy the game, but in spurts. It's like a 3rd person Diablo.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MetroboMetrobo Member UncommonPosts: 31

REd-Wind said:

I played it for like a month when it first came out , their right what they say about the terrible way you level, and on top of that the areas for the mobs that lead you to no place you can get lost in at least that's what I experienced back in the day. Isnt ESO a better game that's on Ps4? I wanna play an onlime game for pvp mainly.

I agree Eso is better i think but then it becomes a choice of F2P vs Buy to play+ PS Plus Subscription.
    Now as Tera is also gonna be on xbox too that leaves to see if Sony will make you need a PS subscription to play it. If so, then yeah in my opinion would be better off buying ESO. Especially because classes are not gender or race locked.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

rlph said:

REd-Wind said:

I played it for like a month when it first came out , their right what they say about the terrible way you level, and on top of that the areas for the mobs that lead you to no place you can get lost in at least that's what I experienced back in the day. Isnt ESO a better game that's on Ps4? I wanna play an onlime game for pvp mainly.

I agree Eso is better i think but then it becomes a choice of F2P vs Buy to play+ PS Plus Subscription.

Now as Tera is also gonna be on xbox too that leaves to see if Sony will make you need a PS subscription to play it. If so, then yeah in my opinion would be better off buying ESO. Especially because classes are not gender or race locked.

F2P online games dont need PS plus. Warframe, Marvel Heroes, Star Trek, Neverwinter, paragon, smite, etc etc, none of them.

• Jubei_3Jubei_3 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Any updates on the release date and whether it will feature cross platform servers (Xbox/PS vs. Xbox/PS/PC)?

We are already in September and there still hasn't been any information on this other than it will be out "later this year".