Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Vikingir said:
    Erillion said:
    Vikingir said:
    How much was that? I just skimmed the article.
    My prediction is that we'll see $175M before this year is over. November and December usually brings in $10M+ alone.
    205 M$ ish if its like GTA V, or 230 M$ with higher marketing expenses in conventional media outlets shortly before launch.
    Right. I believe these are total numbers, during the whole development time. But it's only speculation from Gamasutra, based on speculative data. Funding can go up, and funding can go down. Besides, the crowdfunding campaign can cease completely if Squadron 42 sales are a success and CIG decides it has enough money to finish development of the PU.
    Yes.
    I'm sure a company that's out to make profit will refuse to make profit from people who buy digital space ships and demand no delivery date or financial accountability.

Of course they'll stop.
    Kefocmacq

..Cake..

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Vikingir said:

Besides, the crowdfunding campaign can cease completely if Squadron 42 sales are a success and CIG decides it has enough money to finish development of the PU.
    I got a good laugh out of that.  You are insanely naive if you think for one second these people would stop taking in money.
    KefoCotic
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2017
    There is a system in place to convert real money to game money.  A cash shop for upgrades.  That's not going anywhere. Insurance doesn't cover upgrades.

They want to make your ships more precious and yet nearly  every live demo features PvP.  
    Cotic

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

Besides, the crowdfunding campaign can cease completely if Squadron 42 sales are a success and CIG decides it has enough money to finish development of the PU.
    I got a good laugh out of that.  You are insanely naive if you think for one second these people would stop taking in money.
    Well, differently from you and sgel I know that the money from CIG's crowdfunding campaign goes to development og the game, not profit. And differently from you, I don't feel the necessity to go to personal attack here. But reported anyway.

More on topic, I think if SQ42 sell 10-20 million copies, which it very well may do - despite haters wanting it to fail, there's no need to continue the crowdfunding campaign. With $600M - $1.2B in new funds they've secured funding for years ahead.
    gir243
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

Well, differently from you and sgel I know that the money from CIG's crowdfunding campaign goes to development og the game, not profit. And differently from you, I don't feel the necessity to go to personal attack here. But reported anyway.

More on topic, I think if SQ42 sell 10-20 million copies, which it very well may do - despite haters wanting it to fail, there's no need to continue the crowdfunding campaign. With $600M - $1.2B in new funds they've secured funding for years ahead.
    If they developed SQ42 separately I would agree but it's my understanding both are being developed at the same time and are sharing assets. Which could mean both will be in alpha, beta, and launch at about the same time. SQ42 hasn't been mentioned a lot lately, hopefully because they want to spring something big on us. I would love for them to get SQ42 out the door as soon as possible by spending major time on it. I think the primary interest has always been SC.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

You reported that?  Careful, you might scratch that gleaming white armor you're wearing.
    Cotic

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

Lol 10-20 million copies. I think they will be lucky to sell a million copies outside of their continued crowdfunding. Most of the people who are gonna buy it already have. 
    FrodoFragins
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

Star Citizen backers have passed  the 159.2 million dollar mark.  (159,200,230$)
    Number of "Star Citizens" is currently at 1,875,255.

Cotic
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited September 2017
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

And differently from you, I don't feel the necessity to go to personal attack here. But reported anyway.
    You reported that?  Careful, you might scratch that gleaming white armor you're wearing.
    Of course. I report ALL personal attacks, regardless if it's directed at me or someone else. Count on me to always be on the side of the police, law and order, rules and regulations.
    Post edited by Vikingir on
    CoticTalonsin
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Babuinix said:

Star Citizen backers have passed  the 159.2 million dollar mark.  (159,200,230$)

Not all of those are current Citizens, right? A lot I thought was part of free weekends that never ended up backing the game? They should make it clear how many are backers and how many just tried a free weekend.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:

Not all of those are current Citizens, right? A lot I thought was part of free weekends that never ended up backing the game? They should make it clear how many are backers and how many just tried a free weekend.

That is correct. The number of backers is more likely to be about 750,000

I forget who but someone had got average monthly numbers and extrapolated from that, which is appromixately 11,500 per month for 62 months at this point.
    ScotchUp
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Cotic said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:

I forget who but someone had got average monthly numbers and extrapolated from that, which is appromixately 11,500 per month for 62 months at this point.
    Fuck, at even 500,000 it beats out the total player base of Elite Dangerous and the game is years from launch.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/359320

Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited September 2017
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

That has become the tool of the SC fanbase, report any post they dont agree with.  According to Bill M, The SC forum accounts for around 70% of all complaints across this entire website.
    MadFrenchiePingu2012ScotchUpOctagon7711
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

That has become the tool of the SC fanbase, report any post they dont agree with.  According to Bill M, The SC forum accounts for around 70% of all complaints across this entire website.
    Wby doesn't that surprise me in the slightest? 
    cmacqScotchUp
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

I've said elsewhere they'd get a lot less hate if they stopped playing victims as a default stance to any topic related to SC.
    cmacq

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Zandog said:
    Fuck, at even 500,000 it beats out the total player base of Elite Dangerous and the game is years from launch.
    No no, ED has more player base, ofc the active playerbase is a small fraction of it, but as seen https://steamdb.info/app/359320/graphs/

They have 1.1million owners on steam alone, only at release would SC achieve its full sale potential, for now, it's rather modest.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    MaxBacon said:
    Zandog said:
    No no, ED has more player base, ofc the active playerbase is a small fraction of it, but as seen https://steamdb.info/app/359320/graphs/

They have 1.1million owners on steam alone, only at release would SC achieve its full sale potential, for now, it's rather modest.

I very much doubt that if they ever release there will be some big number of people who haven't already contributed and are just waiting.  With all the hype I would say they are at saturation already.

As CR said, the game is basically done and in early access. Anything left will come at a later date, I fully expect anything they promised and left out will show up as something to purchase.

I very much doubt that if they ever release there will be some big number of people who haven't already contributed and are just waiting.  With all the hype I would say they are at saturation already.

As CR said, the game is basically done and in early access. Anything left will come at a later date, I fully expect anything they promised and left out will show up as something to purchase.

It always peaks, and SC is really a case of a game where so many just "wait and see", I see more people interested in the game waiting to buy into it, then people who are interested who actually backed it. And rightfully so for those who do not wish to buy into early access.

I think they have a huge potential in sales with the proper release of the game.

The game is not done and early access with 3.0, the game stands in the Alpha stage of dev, once SC makes the move to beta is when that will apply towards its proper release, not before.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    They've already made more money than most games,and they don't even have a game.
    Respect.

ScotchUpErillionZandog
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:
    Talonsin said:
    Vikingir said:

I can believe that.  I got a warning from here once.  First ever in all my years of internet posting in forums.  It sounded like who ever reported me wanted me jailed or banned.

edited September 2017
    I can believe that.  I got a warning from here once.  First ever in all my years of internet posting in forums.  It sounded like who ever reported me wanted me jailed or banned.
    Stuff can get aggressive around here, especially when the discussion is several times about the poster and not about the topic. Needing to constantly review of all I even post so stuff doesn't get picked to file reports, being in a place well aware some are looking to get rid of you.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Zandog said:
    Cotic said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:

That's not a positive for SC mate.

ED actually has a running game at the moment. SC just have alpha.

A game can't really have a true "player base" if it isn't even released to be played yet, lol.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Zandog said:
    Cotic said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:

A game can't really have a true "player base" if it isn't even released to be played yet, lol.

According the CR SC is in early access. Alpha is done, skipped beta and strait to early access. What you see is what you get, its basically basic. You can pay for the rest later.
    MaxBacon
    Zandog said:
    Cotic said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:

According the CR SC is in early access. Alpha is done, skipped beta and strait to early access. What you see is what you get, its basically basic. You can pay for the rest later.

and just think "soon" they will add the first basic gameplay loop so you might have something to do for all of 10 minutes before you get bored of it
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2017
    Hopefully at this rate SC will launch within a year.  Then we can all celebrate!  :)