Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    sgel said:
    ""Work on the Actor Status System will not stop here. This will be a long, ongoing process of adding multiple things to the conditions that can affect the. We’re talking here from small little things - of getting poisoned from whatever’s in the room to getting drunk, needing to go to the toilet - all the little things that can affect the player temporarily.""

All the little things...
    All the little things that are not being worked on right now, a long process of adding many things in the future. So yeah your argument is not valid, they aren't working on it specifically because they are working on the system that allows for status effects for anything the game will need.
    Excession
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I hope they fix all the clipping issues the demo currently has. I'd hate to sit comfortably on the throne, inside my ship, play the minigame successfully and drop a monster turd, only to have it glitch through my ship and then float aimlessly in space until it splashes someone's windshield, creating a diplomatic incident.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    I'll take that little temper tantrum as a "no the mechanic doesn't exist in any playable form yet so when I said their argument was a non argument I was actually just making things up again in the hopes that the project will seem better then it actually is."

Thanks for clearing that up!

Go lay your cheap bait somewhere else... Really low effort bait/troll at this point!

If you don't like people talking about mechanics that are not released yet, DON'T post on threads discussing ATVs that are development updates NOT showcases of what is released.

If you want to post, then DON'T call out people for talking things that are not released that are on the topic of the thread (that is the dev update)!

Got it?
    I'm not baiting I asked you a question and instead of answering it or ignoring it you blew up at me. If you don't like people calling you out for trying to dismiss other peoples arguments with mechanics that don't exist yet then maybe you shouldn't be posting non-existent things as evidence?

I'll also post where and when I want so don't tell me what I can or can't do.

ExcessionMaxBacon
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    ""Work on the Actor Status System will not stop here. This will be a long, ongoing process of adding multiple things to the conditions that can affect the. We’re talking here from small little things - of getting poisoned from whatever’s in the room to getting drunk, needing to go to the toilet - all the little things that can affect the player temporarily.""

All the little things...
    All the little things that are not being worked on right now, a long process of adding many things in the future. So yeah your argument is not valid, they aren't working on it specifically because they are working on the system that allows for status effects for anything the game will need.
    Again, you can sugar coat it all you like and deny it.... but it's there... "Work will not stop here"... I wonder if that implies they are already working on it or not.

I wonder...

ExcessionMaxBacon

..Cake..

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited September 2017
    rpmcmurphy said:

And there's nothing wrong with poking fun, it's not like it means people want the game to fail and for everyone to lose their money. It's just a silly topic that's funny (in a locker room way) to laugh at.

Is this trolling as well then? http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/09/make-my-mmo-sept-9-2017

LOL.
    Poking fun is fine sometimes, I agree, but this isn't a one off, every topic that crops up about SC turns into the same circus of "poking fun". If you guys at least switched it up and had some worth while discussions, I probably wouldn't say anything, but that fact it's the same narrative, the same group of people for the past how many years? I think It's  safe to say it's well past the realms of "just poking fun".

Also no, the article isn't a troll, due to what I said above. It's a one off, they poked fun, but brought the topic back on track and highlighted the main focus of the ATV, telling you it's a small system part of a larger system, opening the door to a real discussion. 

"This week in MMO crowdfunding, Star Citizen’s Around the Verse focused on the game’s stamina system, which touches on the character’s needs and risks and notifications about them, including “getting drunk, needing to go to the toilet, all the little things that can affect the player temporarily, and then we can expand this to go even to stuff like long-term diseases, depressurization sickness, radiation sickness – all these things that won’t be something the player can get rid of instantly.”

You didn't.

You picked a part of the ATV and made that the main focus of this thread, topping it of with insulting the team at the end. 

If you can't see the difference in your post and theirs, I can't help lol

MaxBacon[Deleted User]rpmcmurphyErillion
    edited September 2017
    Kefo said:
    I'm not baiting I asked you a question and instead of answering it or ignoring it you blew up at me. If you don't like people calling you out for trying to dismiss other peoples arguments with mechanics that don't exist yet then maybe you shouldn't be posting non-existent things as evidence?

Yes you do are baiting, you come up with something ridiculous when calling something about a discussion that in both what he said and what I said is about stuff that is to be released in the future, part of the last ATV development update, not released. Your argument here is a big, relevant to the thread, pile of poop.

sgel said:
    Again, you can sugar coat it all you like and deny it.... but it's there... "Work will not stop here"... I wonder if that implies they are already working on it or not.

I wonder...
    Again, not sugar coating it, it's you who want to believe they are working it and want to twist and stretch things to imply they are when they aren't, the context is quite clear there as to what they are working now and the things that will be worked on in the future that tie to the same system.
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Yes you do are baiting, you come up with something ridiculous when calling something about a discussion that in both what he said and what I said is about stuff that is to be released in the future, part of the last ATV development update, not released. Your argument here is a big, relevant to the thread, pile of poop.

No I call out crap when I see it like say for example someone dismissing someone's argument with evidence that doesn't actually exist in game.

Youre now trying to save face and just call me a troll when you got caught instead of just ignoring or admitting your mistake. It's ok to make mistakes Max but you need to start learning from them so we don't have to keep having these discussions
    MaxBaconExcessionScotchUp
    edited September 2017
    Kefo said:
    No I call out crap when I see it like say for example someone dismissing someone's argument with evidence that doesn't actually exist in game.

Youre now trying to save face and just call me a troll when you got caught instead of just ignoring or admitting your mistake. It's ok to make mistakes Max but you need to start learning from them so we don't have to keep having these discussions
    No, you are calling out whatever fits your agenda.

This thread, the last ATV are development updates, and we can very much discuss what is in them, the features that were showcased independent or not of them being released.

We were talking what this thread is about mentioned in the last ATV and its context, that is all.

Independent of you liking or not, so please save me from this BS and go "poop in someone else's window".
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

No, you are calling out whatever fits your agenda.

This thread, the last ATV are development updates, and we can very much discuss what is in them, the features that were showcased independent or not of them being released.

We were talking what this thread is about mentioned in the last ATV and its context, that is all.

Independent of you liking or not, so please save me from your noise and go poop in someone else's window.
    You sure can talk about the content of the AtV. Never disputed that fact but when you were pushed this is what you had to say in regards to them working on pooping avatars.

"Your point seems to be they are working on the mentioned RP things now before missing core gameplay stuff, what is not the case, so your argument is a non-argument. 

so youre using something you have no idea about to dismiss someone else's argument, hence my calling you out. Just because you don't like being called out doesn't change a thing.

If you don't like me calling you out then stop posting ridiculous arguments or just ignore me and I'll probably go away. 
    MaxBaconExcessionPingu2012ScotchUp
    edited September 2017
    Kefo said:
    You sure can talk about the content of the AtV. Never disputed that fact but when you were pushed this is what you had to say in regards to them working on pooping avatars.

"Your point seems to be they are working on the mentioned RP things now before missing core gameplay stuff, what is not the case, so your argument is a non-argument. 

so youre using something you have no idea about to dismiss someone else's argument, hence my calling you out. Just because you don't like being called out doesn't change a thing.

If you don't like me calling you out then stop posting ridiculous arguments or just ignore me and I'll probably go away. 
    Don't come with spins.

I used the context of the ATV to state that, there's no implication that they are working "pooping avatars" now, they are working on the status system and some status even showcased, things like getting drunk, having to use a toilet were put in the dev words as a long process that is future stuff they are to work on. So I stand my argument independent of your "self-righteous callouts", that's all.
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Don't come with spins.

I used the context of the ATV to state that, there's no implication that they are working "pooping avatars" now, they are working on the status system and some status even showcased, things like getting drunk, having to use a toilet were put in the dev words as a long process that is future stuff they are to work on. So I stand my argument independent of your "self-righteous callouts", that's all.
    I don't spin anything. You just don't like what I have to say lol
    MaxBacon
    Kefo said:
    Because it is simply your opinion, one lying on looking for straws to weaponize against me, not really feeling up to this BS all over again, as I said I do stand by the argument I made.
    gir243Excession
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    So people calling it Star shitizen wheren't being trolls, they were being prophetic??
    rpmcmurphysgelkikoodutroa8

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Because it is simply your opinion, one lying on looking for straws to weaponize against me, not really feeling up to this BS all over again, as I said I do stand by the argument I made.
    And there's the victim card. Was wondering when you were gonna play it lol
    MaxBacongir243rpmcmurphyExcessionScotchUp
    edited September 2017
    Kefo said:
    Classic! I knew you were going that direction sooner or later, some things never change...  I stand my argument as I reposted again 2 posts ago, feel free to counter it instead of low-effort personal remarks.
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Classic! I knew you were going that direction sooner or later, some things never change...  I stand my argument as I reposted again 2 posts ago, feel free to counter it instead of low-effort personal remarks.
    Ahh Max never change. You are a laugh a minute.
    MaxBacon
    Kefo said:
    Why didn't I expect you to address the argument I made before and just throw more personal remarks in?
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Why didn't I expect you to address the argument I made before and just throw more personal remarks in?
    You actually didn't make an argument but stated your opinion. You're welcome to rephrase the question though if you want an honest answer 
    Kefo said:
    You actually didn't make an argument but stated your opinion. You're welcome to rephrase the question though if you want an honest answer 
    It is a statement that reads the context of that development update and what was said that shows that specifically (unlike he claimed) was not current, but future work.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    It is a statement that reads the context of that development update and what was said that shows that specifically (unlike he claimed) was not current, but future work.
    Ok
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

so.......this is future shit....lolz
    kikoodutroa8
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2017
    Doesn't matter if they're currently working on shit or planning to work on shit in the future.  Either way, the shit is inevitable.
    sgelScotchUpkikoodutroa8
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited September 2017
    Herase said:
    Poking fun is fine sometimes, I agree, but this isn't a one off, every topic that crops up about SC turns into the same circus of "poking fun". If you guys at least switched it up and had some worth while discussions, I probably wouldn't say anything, but that fact it's the same narrative, the same group of people for the past how many years? I think It's  safe to say it's well past the realms of "just poking fun".

Also no, the article isn't a troll, due to what I said above. It's a one off, they poked fun, but brought the topic back on track and highlighted the main focus of the ATV, telling you it's a small system part of a larger system, opening the door to a real discussion. 

"This week in MMO crowdfunding, Star Citizen’s Around the Verse focused on the game’s stamina system, which touches on the character’s needs and risks and notifications about them, including “getting drunk, needing to go to the toilet, all the little things that can affect the player temporarily, and then we can expand this to go even to stuff like long-term diseases, depressurization sickness, radiation sickness – all these things that won’t be something the player can get rid of instantly.”

You didn't.

You picked a part of the ATV and made that the main focus of this thread, topping it of with insulting the team at the end. 

If you can't see the difference in your post and theirs, I can't help lol

Jesus guys, stop trying to spin this into something it is not.

I didn't pick out any part of anything, the post is a topic being discussed on the official forums, the link is right there in my original post.

I thought it was a ridiculous thing to be talking about when they don't even have basic systems in game, I explained this in my op.... Make the damn game instead of fantasising about all the things you could add if you had 100 years to develop the thing.

But oh no, it can't be about them losing sight of what's really important, fussing over minor systems when they don't have major systems in place, instead it has to be tarring everybody with the same brush, it has to be about selective quoting and cherry-picking and worst of all it has to be about "reasons."

Edit:

Just the usual attack the messenger nonsense that seems to prevail with people hearing things they don't like and not having a legit way of defending it.

Whiteknights...

Post edited by rpmcmurphy on
    sgelKefoExcession
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    To think I refunded my pledge 2 years ago with reason : game was not released at promised date.

Xarko

TalulaRose said:
    so.......this is future shit....lolz
    IF it even happens. People need to stop taking a dev mentioning something once as confirmed stuff that will happen, especially stuff that will be influenced if the community feedback is heavily against it.
    Excession