Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    I love it when a thread goes from good to comedy gold. Keep it up.
    Well when these threads are made just for trolling what else could be expected. Oh wait, you're the OP. You know exactly what you're doing when you make these. You're so coy and innocent.

Trolling if posted by a critic but probably would be considered news if posted by a fan right? This thread always delivers
    It's news regardless who posts it, but it's how the news is being presented which is considered trolling.

This thread is far from criticism, it's nothing other than a group circle jerking each other on how good they think their poop jokes are with the OP admitting that it's amazing and jeering it on lol.

No matter how much you guys wish, you're not being critics and yelling it every time someone calls you out, doesn't make it more so.  When someone actually comes along and wants a meaningful discussion, i'm sure people will be willing to have it, but come on don't lie to yourself, the thread is to poke fun, nothing more lol

Of course its to poke fun or have you not seen all the poop jokes in the thread?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    Herase said:
    This thread is far from criticism, it's nothing other than a group circle jerking each other on how good they think their poop jokes are with the OP admitting that it's amazing and jeering it on lol.
    Yeah pretty much.

Pretty poopy trolling I'd say. This is like we're young in school, that's how everyone reacts when someone mentions poop, penis, vagin.. etc, lol :D
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Let's discuss how important and enriching gameplay is being able to defecate in a game that doesn't even have a basic gameplay loop yet.
    Yes, let's do that.

This is game dev ingenuity.
    rpmcmurphyMaxBaconKefoExcession

..Cake..

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    I love it when a thread goes from good to comedy gold. Keep it up.
    Well when these threads are made just for trolling what else could be expected. Oh wait, you're the OP. You know exactly what you're doing when you make these. You're so coy and innocent.

Sorry bud but that's just a case of "I don't like what you're saying therefore you are a troll..." not only is it assumptive but it's also lazy and boring.

There's a substantial difference between "Hey, look how silly this is..." and "I'm going to post this purely to get a rise out of some fans."
    If I had been going for the latter I did a really poor job at it, don't you think?
    Oh I see. You really are innocent with good intentions. :lol: :lol: :lol:  
    To be honest.. CIG is asking to be taken the piss out of.

Why? For conceptualizing virtual world systems? The studio is trying to create a virtual world here. We see threads all the time lamenting the superficiality of the industry and the death of virtual worlds. Given the responses in the thread is it surprising that virtual worlds are dead?

The poo jokes are funny and expected, but we obviously can't have an adult discussion of any sort here and the intent of the thread was getting "comedy gold" to troll their fave gossip topic not discuss the game or the system.
    It's SHITTING in a game... actual SHITTING.
    You're going to be flying around, saving the universe, come back to your hangar, land your ship and go take a shit. That will be an actual game cycle.

I wish this was a troll by CIG but adding to their already ridiculous reputation, this is an actual gameplay element. I mean these guys are gameplay geniuses.

Actual shitting in a game... and you're expecting a mature conversation on the qualities of such gameplay?

Apparently waste disposal is too much for many forum members here. That's okay. Some people can't handle mature topics, or don't feel comfortable acknowledging them.

There is a another thread discussing virtual worlds. @Scorchien made a point that many aren't interested in virtual worlds and the features that comprise them. I mentioned this thread as point in support of that statement. Although I acknowledged that because it's SC it may just be the dramatrain comments, that given another game their perspective might be different.

So this is more just interesting discussion fodder for a serious thread rather than me trying to convince you this is worth discussing in SC. I'd like to thank you all for participating though. :smirk: 

At what point though does it become too much? I want a virtual world but a bunch of stuff they're doing will just end up monotonous and end up pissing people off, I take a shower, shave n a shit every morning before work, I don't need to be doing it in a game as well.

The best damn space sim ever is turning into second life meets ark with some crap flight mechanics thrown in for good measure.
    Excession
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Herase said:
    Yeah pretty much.

Pretty poopy trolling I'd say. This is like we're young in school, that's how everyone reacts when someone mentions poop, penis, vagin.. etc, lol :D

Hey salty bacon, are you telling me you never been in a lift or a car with your mates when someone lets a out a stinker and you all start being silly about it?
    Fart/poop jokes are staples of comedy, Billy Connolly does a tremendous amount of fart and poop jokes, perhaps someone should have told him to drop the classroom humour and grow up.

But who's fooling who? This has nothing to do with taste, all it's about is defending the precious....

edited September 2017
    sgel said:
    Let's discuss how important and enriching gameplay is being able to defecate in a game that doesn't even have a basic gameplay loop yet.
    Yes, let's do that.

Yes, let's discuss what is being done here.

They have added an oxygen and breathing simulation, with rooms and ships and so forth now having atmospheres, with the Stamina that comes with it, they created one Actor Status system that is capable to grab that stuff and apply effects on the player character, mostly VFX in your helmet... 

With it, in the future they mentioned this (the actor status), as part of SC's already confirmed RP mechanics, would be used in the future for showering, having to use a toilet or even when you get drunk.

Your point seems to be they are working on the mentioned RP things now before missing core gameplay stuff, what is not the case, so your argument is a non-argument. ;)
    ErillionExcession
    MaxBacon said:

Your point seems to be they are working on the mentioned RP things now before missing core gameplay stuff, what is not the case, so your argument is a non-argument. ;)
    My point is they're working on shitting avatars.

..Cake..

edited September 2017
    sgel said:
    My point is that they aren't. If you actually saw what was said, what they are working on is the system that allows the applying of status to player characters, currently for stamina and g-forces.
    [Deleted User]Erillion
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited September 2017

Soft stool ( Diahreaa) will take 14 minutes of time to finish, unless a Medic gives you some Kaopectate to calm your stomach down

Hard stool (Normall poop) will take 6 minutes of in game time

Maybe we can spike peoples drinks with laxatives to make the poop time lower ?

Hmmmm what else can we come up with about this ???

What other varieties of poop will they implament in the expansion ? who knows only time will tell

Cant get much more RP then this , the Realism OHHHHH JOY !!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy  How Realistic can it get !!!

kikoodutroa8FrodoFragins
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    My point is that they aren't. If you actually saw what was said, what they are working on is the system that allows the applying of status to player characters, currently for stamina and g-forces.
    Ok they aren't. They are working on the system that allows them to apply the shitting status to player characters (This just gets better and better).

This is going to be great in VR. 
    kikoodutroa8

..Cake..

MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Yes, let's do that.

Yes, let's discuss what is being done here.

They have added an oxygen and breathing simulation, with rooms and ships and so forth now having atmospheres, with the Stamina that comes with it, they created one Actor Status system that is capable to grab that stuff and apply effects on the player character, mostly VFX in your helmet... 

With it, in the future they mentioned this (the actor status), as part of SC's already confirmed RP mechanics, would be used in the future for showering, having to use a toilet or even when you get drunk.

Is that mechanic in the current alpha players can play or are you going on blind faith here that it will be implemented come 3.0? Will I be seeing videos of people going out of airlocks in nothing but their underwear and air shooting out of their body as they eva around space?

If its in game currently that backers are playing then perfect! If not then lets not say someone's argument is a non argument when you don't exactly have the proof to back it up eh?

MaxBaconExcession
    Grimula said:

Soft stool ( Diahreaa) will take 14 minutes of time to finish, unless a Medic gives you some Kaopectate to calm your stomach down

Hard stool (Normall poop) will take 6 minutes of in game time

Maybe we can spike peoples drinks with laxatives to make the poop time lower ?

Hmmmm what else can we come up with about this ???

What other varieties of poop will they implament in the expansion ? who knows only time will tell

Cant get much more RP then this , the Realism OHHHHH JOY !!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy  How Realistic can it get !!!

They will have the ghost poop where your character hears the splash of it hitting the water but when they look there's nothing there!

Or maybe that rare poop that feels like its coming out sideways and your character will pass out for a good 5 minutes from the strain and you will have to sit there and stare at a black screen until your character comes around again and tries pushing again.

ExcessionPingu2012
    edited September 2017
    sgel said:
    Ok they aren't. They are working on the system that allows them to apply the shitting status to player characters (This just gets better and better).

Nope, working on the system that was created for Breathing and Stamina, that can and will be used everything that applies a status to a character. That is all this is and it is what the dev meant.

Kefo said:
    If its in game currently that backers are playing then perfect! If not then lets not say someone's argument is a non argument when you don't exactly have the proof to back it up eh?
    What the HELL are you on about?

You call me out for talking a feature that is the showcase of this ATV because it is not released yet he is talking about something that is not released also... Y'know what? Go poop somewhere else!
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:

Nope, working on the system that was created for Breathing and Stamina, that can and will be used everything that applies a status to a character. That is all this is and it is what the dev meant.

You can sugar-coat it all you want.. but it's shitting.
    lol
    ExcessionMaxBacon

..Cake..

sgel said:
    lol
    I'm not sugarcoating, I stated the fact on what was said, you don't like it because you wanted to imply something else xD
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:

Kefo said:
    What the HELL are you on about?

You call me out for talking a feature that is the showcase of this ATV because it is not released yet he is talking about something that is not released also... Y'know what? Go poop somewhere else!
    I'll take that little temper tantrum as a "no the mechanic doesn't exist in any playable form yet so when I said their argument was a non argument I was actually just making things up again in the hopes that the project will seem better then it actually is."

Thanks for clearing that up!

MaxBaconkikoodutroa8Excession
    Kefo said:
    I'll take that little temper tantrum as a "no the mechanic doesn't exist in any playable form yet so when I said their argument was a non argument I was actually just making things up again in the hopes that the project will seem better then it actually is."

Thanks for clearing that up!

Go lay your cheap bait somewhere else... Really low effort bait/troll at this point!

If you don't like people talking about mechanics that are not released yet, DON'T post on threads discussing ATVs that are development updates NOT showcases of what is released.

If you want to post, then DON'T call out people for talking things that are not released that are on the topic of the thread (that is the dev update)!

Got it?
    Excessionkikoodutroa8
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    lol
    I'm not sugarcoating, I stated the fact on what was said, you don't like it because you wanted to imply something else xD
    You seem to be the only person who doesn't seem to have understood that they were talking about a shitting mechanic. There's even talks on spectrum and the sub about it.

I can understand you don't want to believe it ;)
    (even though you yourself mention it earlier in the thread)

rofl...
    MaxBacon

..Cake..

sgel said:
    You seem to be the only person who doesn't seem to have understood that they were talking about a shitting mechanic. There's even talks on spectrum and the sub about it.
    Nah nah, you don't get to spin this as you want!

What you were saying is that they are working on players taking a shit before important gameplay mechanics, what they are NOT. It's that simple.
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Nah nah, you don't get to spin this as you want!

What you were saying is that they are working on players taking a shit before important gameplay mechanics, what they are NOT. It's that simple.
    I was saying they were working on players taking a shit while not having basic gameplay mechanics.
    Tell me more spin doctor ;)
    MaxBacon

..Cake..

edited September 2017
    sgel said:
    I was saying they were working on players taking a shit while not having basic gameplay mechanics.
    And I pointed out they are not working on it just because a dev mentions in a second that a system created for the status effects of stamina and g-forces will be used for that, or when players get drunk, etc...

Moar Spin?
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    And I pointed out they are not working on it, just because a dev mentions in a second that a system created for the status effects of stamina and g-forces will be used for that, or when you get drunk, etc...

Spin it how you want, they are not working on that.
    Denial is a powerful drug :D
    MaxBacon

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Delusion is yours.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    kikoodutroa8

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Delusion is yours.

""Work on the Actor Status System will not stop here. This will be a long, ongoing process of adding multiple things to the conditions that can affect the. We’re talking here from small little things - of getting poisoned from whatever’s in the room to getting drunk, needing to go to the toilet - all the little things that can affect the player temporarily.""

All the little things...

..Cake..