Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I love it when a thread goes from good to comedy gold. Keep it up.
    lancerxxkikoodutroa8ExcessionPsychos1s
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Excession said:
    Konfess said:

Seriously though, who pissed on your corn flakes?
    More like crapped in them. ;)
    Another one of those bad jokes, just for you, @Konfess !
    You puny mortal. Do not make such jokes in presence of the poop master, he reached pooplightenment when he was only 5, then poopvana when 6. And to this day, he writes nothing but poop, says nothing but poop.

There you go mate. Beat that, or maybe you need the rest of your kindergarten lads, the band of poopers. 
    lancerxxAzaron_NightbladeExcessionMadFrenchiePingu2012
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    I fail to see what they can do with a long term illness to make it interesting.

All you'll need to do is stock up on a meds that are nothing more than UI symbol and occassionally open your inventory and right click it. Zzzzzzz
    There is a permanent illness that lasts as long as your character. Part of the death mechanic where you can get limbs replaced, scars, etc... what impacts your character to the long term.

But then Ark has a whole design for this: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Diseases

SC gathering/crafting the cures for diseases does not make sense in SC, but it would make sense if the cures are simply hard enough to get or have to go specific places for treatments, making medkits ineffective against them.

My guess would be that it was ARK inspired, because "omg, must copy popular game!" reasons.
    The whole toilet business was in SC before Ark was a thing. This is simply a superficial mention, nobody even knows if that will actually happen, much less how it will happen. Nothing to see here but jokes about poop. O_o
    bcbullyExcession
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Chris Roberts said it best himself

"...Taking three and a half to four years to build a massive title just seems like a huge amount of effort. There needs to be a better way to do it."

It seems clear to me that the only thing he has learned from his 15 year hiatus is how to forget the lessons of his past.

I think he learned he can make promises and take money and sleep well at night.

Kind of gives a new meaning to "shit eating grin"....like the one he has when he looks at all the money he has taken in.

Azaron_Nightblade
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Konfess said:
    Anarchy Online (Ao) had in game toilets back in '01, I'm impressed that the rest of you ass wipes are just now having to consider this.  Those of us that have worked in Agriculture know that feces has always been used as fertilizer.  And we are mature enough to get over it.  Survival games often have waste collection as a component of their farming skill, for example look at Osiris: New Dawn.  It has waste collection and showers as part of its game mechanics, and the player base doesn't blink an eye.

I'm working on a game, I included waste collection and showers.  Why would a Hunter that has been out working all day be accepted at a Formal Dinner party that night smelling like that?  It's all part of the Influence Check, Negotiation, and Diplomacy.  I didn't complicate the mechanic with mini-games and animations.  The Player Character's Avatar (PC) stand in proximity to the device and presses the use key.  There are emotes for the use of each facility, for RP need.  And since my time in The Matrix Online (MxO), I have been a fan of dual PC emotes.

As for those of you that think you are funny.  You are not.  Those of us that re funny of thought of all of your poop jokes back when we were five (5) years old.  We thought of better jokes that you will never think of, or understand, when we were six (6) years old.  So quit it.  This is not about censorship, this is about clearing our lives of your good for nothing drivel.  

As for those complaining about the time that this game has been in development.  Remember, He / They are making the game that they want to make.  The player base / customers may think or feel that they have some say in this.  They don't.
    You've only used crap as fertilizer? Pfff! Come back and talk to us when you've used crap to power things! 

And just to rub you the wrong one that's a shitty attitude you got there :wink:
    ConstantineMerusExcession
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Konfess said:
    Anarchy Online (Ao) had in game toilets back in '01, I'm impressed that the rest of you ass wipes are just now having to consider this.  Those of us that have worked in Agriculture know that feces has always been used as fertilizer.  And we are mature enough to get over it.  Survival games often have waste collection as a component of their farming skill, for example look at Osiris: New Dawn.  It has waste collection and showers as part of its game mechanics, and the player base doesn't blink an eye.

I'm working on a game, I included waste collection and showers.  Why would a Hunter that has been out working all day be accepted at a Formal Dinner party that night smelling like that?  It's all part of the Influence Check, Negotiation, and Diplomacy.  I didn't complicate the mechanic with mini-games and animations.  The Player Character's Avatar (PC) stand in proximity to the device and presses the use key.  There are emotes for the use of each facility, for RP need.  And since my time in The Matrix Online (MxO), I have been a fan of dual PC emotes.

As for those of you that think you are funny.  You are not.  Those of us that re funny of thought of all of your poop jokes back when we were five (5) years old.  We thought of better jokes that you will never think of, or understand, when we were six (6) years old.  So quit it.  This is not about censorship, this is about clearing our lives of your good for nothing drivel.  

As for those complaining about the time that this game has been in development.  Remember, He / They are making the game that they want to make.  The player base / customers may think or feel that they have some say in this.  They don't.
    I hear ya brother Poop is serious business man ...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/449540/Theres_Poop_In_My_Soup/

rpmcmurphy
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Konfess said:

Come on, I played Anarchy Online extensively and I never even heard of a toilet in the game let alone used one.  I think your mind is playing tricks on you.
    ConstantineMerusrpmcmurphy
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    See what happens when you talk shit ;)
    [Deleted User]rpmcmurphyIselinExcessionPhry

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited September 2017
    Nothing more satisfying than when someone suddenly goes full tilt over a laugh.

On topic.
    Do you think the idea of needing a shit in game came to Chris during his 6 year long brain fart?
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Star Citizen: Going to Shit

..Cake..

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited September 2017
    "SC has gone full returd with this mechanic. You never go full returd".
    Phry
    Torval said:
    Well when these threads are made just for trolling what else could be expected. Oh wait, you're the OP. You know exactly what you're doing when you make these. You're so coy and innocent.

Sorry bud but that's just a case of "I don't like what you're saying therefore you are a troll..." not only is it assumptive but it's also lazy and boring.

There's a substantial difference between "Hey, look how silly this is..." and "I'm going to post this purely to get a rise out of some fans."
    If I had been going for the latter I did a really poor job at it, don't you think?
    Kefo[Deleted User]Excession
    Torval said:
    Well when these threads are made just for trolling what else could be expected. Oh wait, you're the OP. You know exactly what you're doing when you make these. You're so coy and innocent.

Trolling if posted by a critic but probably would be considered news if posted by a fan right? This thread always delivers
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Sorry bud but that's just a case of "I don't like what you're saying therefore you are a troll..." not only is it assumptive but it's also lazy and boring.

There's a substantial difference between "Hey, look how silly this is..." and "I'm going to post this purely to get a rise out of some fans."
    If I had been going for the latter I did a really poor job at it, don't you think?
    Oh I see. You really are innocent with good intentions. :lol: :lol: :lol:  
    To be honest.. CIG is asking to be taken the piss out of.
    [Deleted User]Excession

..Cake..

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Ozmodan said:
    Konfess said:

Come on, I played Anarchy Online extensively and I never even heard of a toilet in the game let alone used one.  I think your mind is playing tricks on you.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I was going bananas over this. 
    Excession
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Yawn.

The way I see it is that you are the one that's trolling. You're not trying to discuss the topic at all.
    You just want to single a person out and get a rise from them.

Classical trolling. Boring.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Ozmodan said:
    Konfess said:

Thank you for clearing that up. I was going bananas over this. 
    Actually AO did have toilets as decoration for the houses. But they didn't have a gameplay function. There is no ridiculous pooping ingame in AO. And his comment about agricultural uses is ridiculous too. It has nothing to do with maturity, it has to do with that SC is a sci fi game that has no farming crops to use your feces on. The showering and pooping are dumb mechanics for this kind of game. They only create pointless chores every time you want to deal with some npc to avoid a debuff.

Konfess is being anal about this.
    rpmcmurphykikoodutroa8ConstantineMerusExcessionPingu2012
    Torval said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:

Trolling if posted by a critic but probably would be considered news if posted by a fan right? This thread always delivers

Of course it delivers because you people constantly make sure it goes that way. It's no surprise.
    Yes how dare we post humor about a game that is known for including everything and anything if it strikes the creators fancy!
    rpmcmurphy
    Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Why? For conceptualizing virtual world systems? The studio is trying to create a virtual world here. We see threads all the time lamenting the superficiality of the industry and the death of virtual worlds. Given the responses in the thread is it surprising that virtual worlds are dead?

The poo jokes are funny and expected, but we obviously can't have an adult discussion of any sort here and the intent of the thread was getting "comedy gold" to troll their fave gossip topic not discuss the game or the system.
    It's SHITTING in a game... actual SHITTING.
    You're going to be flying around, saving the universe, come back to your hangar, land your ship and go take a shit. That will be an actual game cycle.

I wish this was a troll by CIG but adding to their already ridiculous reputation, this is an actual gameplay element. I mean these guys are gameplay geniuses.

Actual shitting in a game... and you're expecting a mature conversation on the qualities of such gameplay?

rpmcmurphyNilden

..Cake..

Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Why? For conceptualizing virtual world systems? The studio is trying to create a virtual world here. We see threads all the time lamenting the superficiality of the industry and the death of virtual worlds. Given the responses in the thread is it surprising that virtual worlds are dead?

The poo jokes are funny and expected, but we obviously can't have an adult discussion of any sort here and the intent of the thread was getting "comedy gold" to troll their fave gossip topic not discuss the game or the system.

The 'comedy gold' was referring to someone completely overreacting by storming the thread, waving their arms around, calling a bunch of people names and making up a load of bullshit, all in response to some silly jokes and mild mocking of a company.

But let's not let minor details get in the way of an agenda....
    Excession
    Torval said:
    sgel said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

There comes a point when game devs need to step back and ask themselves "does this add anything meaningful to my game?" 

I'll gladly take a virtual world where all the actions have a point to them instead of the creator behind the game thinking its cool and adding in everything possible because they are trying to emulate life.....in a sci fi setting with spaceships and aliens.

rpmcmurphyVrika
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:

It's news regardless who posts it, but it's how the news is being presented which is considered trolling.

This thread is far from criticism, it's nothing other than a group circle jerking each other on how good they think their poop jokes are with the OP admitting that it's amazing and jeering it on lol.

No matter how much you guys wish, you're not being critics and yelling it every time someone calls you out, doesn't make it more so.  When someone actually comes along and wants a meaningful discussion, i'm sure people will be willing to have it, but come on don't lie to yourself, the thread is to poke fun, nothing more lol

rpmcmurphyMaxBacon[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Damn! This shit got serious. How fucking boring when the self appointed forum cops feel left out and come in to attack the OP... sad.

OK fun's over.
    ConstantineMerusrpmcmurphyExcession
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited September 2017
    Torval said:
    I wonder if they have mocapped people sitting on the dunny and squeezing one out? Will there be different types of poops? different sound effects? how far are they willing to take this nonsense?

It's going to be pretty annoying if you spend 10 minutes running to Miles Egghead only for him to tell you that you're farting too much and he has nothing to say until you've been for a poop...

Miles - Hey John! How's it going?
    John - Hey Miles, good good! Just had a shower and a fantastic poop, all for you!
    Miles - *starts twitching with subsumption overload* fuck you Chris Roberts...

This is exactly the type of ridiculous nonsense I'm referring to. See your tone says trolling because you always put a negative spin on anything you post about this game.

See the difference when you post about a game you like and how you put a positive spin on the tedium of flight control and explain how all those things that don't look so good really are.

it's a little bit twitchy but more slow and strategic, the flight mainly uses a pitch/roll/boost model so it's kind of hard to be too twitchy with that. You can liven it up significantly with disabling flight assist and skilful piloting.

3. You can make a very good living as a trader, a slower living as a miner and largely avoid combat with both. You will find that as a trader you get interdicted for your goods occasionally but these are quite easy to escape from. As a miner you will need to pick your spots, certain RESs (Resource Extraction Sites) will have a higher security presence to help defend miners. You can also fly into planetary rings anywhere you like so you should probably avoid pirating ships this way.

With the expansion you can also equip a ship launched fighter which you could use to deal with an attacker, these SLFs can be AI controlled or player controlled so you wouldn't need to equip your ship for mining and combat.

Combat is most certainly not the whole point, people make livings out of exploration, smuggling, mining, trading, passenger missions, mission running or a combination of all and avoid combat as much as possible. The combat can be really good fun though.

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/468051/elite-dangerous-questions#VBZ2J8V8LbA5qdSK.99
    It's what you say and how you say it.

Jokes are funny. Ridicule is not. You don't seem to understand the difference. You find a way to scoff at everything.

The idea that players must manage character hygiene, food intake/disposal, and sleep makes sense in a virtual world doesn't it? Sovrath made a great post earlier which is the important discussion point when developers introduce these topics, is it fiddly and tedious or is it fun and add depth to the game.

I don't care if you don't get my sarcasm or my style of humour, that's your problem not mine. The problem is the reaching as well as the assumption that things are malicious, that I am doing this with some ulterior motive.

The difference between those posts has nothing to do with which game I like, I'm a backer of both games by the way. 1 is a topic where some guy is asking for advice where it would be really assholish of me to be strongly sarcastic in response to a polite request while the other is a WTF thread where silly jokes are abound.
    The fact that you can't see the difference says far more about you than it does about me.

You're just trying to defend the game from mockery by claiming I have an agenda and am trolling people while in reality the only person here with an agenda is yourself. Go and take a poop or yell at those kids playing on your lawn...

Excession
    edited September 2017
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:

It's news regardless who posts it, but it's how the news is being presented which is considered trolling.

This thread is far from criticism, it's nothing other than a group circle jerking each other on how good they think their poop jokes are with the OP admitting that it's amazing and jeering it on lol.

No matter how much you guys wish, you're not being critics and yelling it every time someone calls you out, doesn't make it more so.  When someone actually comes along and wants a meaningful discussion, i'm sure people will be willing to have it, but come on don't lie to yourself, the thread is to poke fun, nothing more lol

And there's nothing wrong with poking fun, it's not like it means people want the game to fail and for everyone to lose their money. It's just a silly topic that's funny (in a locker room way) to laugh at.

Is this trolling as well then? http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/09/make-my-mmo-sept-9-2017

LOL.
    ExcessionFrodoFragins