Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there any development ongoing?

BroeBroe Member UncommonPosts: 16
or is this "as good as it gets"  the last dearth cramps of this game.?

<iframe src="http://www.gamersgate.com/ggtag/2061"; width="225" height="198" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="GG Tag"></iframe>

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Better try Naval Action if you into wooden ships.
  • KieferCKieferC Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited September 2017
    Yes, be it at a snail's pace.  Not much more you can ask from the very small DEV team.  
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    They're probably focusing on developing the cash shop, lol
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wait, I thought SOE bought the rights to this game years ago and let it die. I didn't know it still existed. I'll be checking it out.
    KieferC
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Shit ! 

I remember when I played this back in 2008 or so. I really enjoyed it. Pity that , after reading the forums , I realize this is on minimal "survive mode" . 

Nevertheless , I just started to down it, just .. for nostalgia :)
    KieferC

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tiller said:
    Wait, I thought SOE bought the rights to this game years ago and let it die. I didn't know it still existed. I'll be checking it out.
    Soe..Smedley was a complete con job the last few years.They had a bunch of games listed to promote their ALL ACCESS con job then soon after they shut down several games.Right to the end and even after being booted,Smedley became some super corrupt BS'r that was trying to sell anything not worth selling.

After all these years,i have to wonder if even the SWG ordeal was all smoke and mirrors and the claim of losing the original data again all BS.I would never trust that dude ever again for as long as either one of us live.

POTBS,i feel most knew it was never going to be a big studio development,just a small cash shop hangout for hose diehard boat on the water fans.
    There is just soooooooo many fly by night operations in gaming,most can never build a quality game but just some fast cash grab,it has diluted and ruined gaming with so many low budget titles out there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    edited September 2017
    Just play it if you got some good memories attached to it. It's "one of those games" that pretty much everyone has forgotten about except those that used to play back in the day. Pretty sure development has stopped. If you got nothing else planned gaming wise and are into the theme then it's worth a check out if you got some spare time. But nothing more than that. A review from a high profile person in the industry might get some more plays in for a week or two.
    KieferC

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KieferCKieferC Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited September 2017
    This game is definitely not a cash grab, aside from having to utilize the FtP mechanism for survival.  Just a passionate team that loves the timeframe setting and game.  Doing the best with what was originally created.  Old game, but some of the core elements are solid design.  Like I said in another thread, I keep coming back to it as I find the economy design to not be beat elsewhere (excepting EVE, obviously).  Could use some more players, maybe some old school players that could bring in some solid RvR that was competitive.  Game is cheap as it ever has been to play and play competitively.  Development hasn't stopped, but constrained by being a very small team, it is on track for some promising new patches.