Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warden or Templar for healing ?

Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
As stated above, how is Warden compered to Templar as a healer ?  

I have around 1000 hours in ESO, but i havent played for a long time and im thinking about to coming back and buying the expansion to try the warden healer.

Sorrry for my bad English.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited August 2017
    About the same. The main difference is that Wardens need to aim their "oh shit" heal and Templars don't. Not a problem if the rest of the group knows not to play from range and behind you. 

Warden's healing ultimate is very cheap (75 points) and they have a lot of class abilities that let them generate ultimate quickly so that becomes almost part of the regular rotation. But it's an area heal unlike the Templar's healing ultimate that just finds group members wherever they are.

Warden healers also have a group damage mitigation buff from their tanking (ice) skill line that's pretty useful.
    Ronald88ConstantineMerusExcession
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I am having a blast on my Warden healer, AND I discovered that Healing Orb thing in Undaunted line which is awesome fun!  I think the healing orb is one of the most fun animations in the whole of ESO!!

saunz  :)
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SaunZ said:
    I am having a blast on my Warden healer, AND I discovered that Healing Orb thing in Undaunted line which is awesome fun!  I think the healing orb is one of the most fun animations in the whole of ESO!!

saunz  :)
    I love it as a healer and hate it when I'm DPSing because it distracts me. It wants me to chase it to synergize with it and it just keeps moving... it sort of makes me feel like Dug in Up when someone says squirrel. :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I had a lot of fun with Warden. It has extremely short cooldowns, which lets you heal as much as you want (but consumes all your mana in the process). The class is very much about managing resources - it's easy to pick up, but difficult to master on longer engagements. I found it challenging and loved it.