Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any decent competition to Hearthstone?

lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
Hi is there any other decent card game out there compared to Hearthstone?

Comments

• lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    To be honest I have not played Hearthstone so i'll probably try more than one and then decide
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    You can also try Gwent, card game from witcher.

https://www.playgwent.com/

It's nice like the others mentioned already. They usually keep me interested for a few hours till the grind kicks in and I decide to move on. ;)
    lancerxx
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    This is one of my favorites and is a lot like Hearthstone, there are a good number of players also even though its still in EA.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/531640/Eternal_Card_Game/
    lancerxx
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Eternal is the one I played for quite a while, though I'm not playing it currently.  I like it much better than Gwent, anyway.
    lancerxx
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Gwent, Elder Scrolls Legends, Eternal are all CCGs similar to Hearthstone.

MTGO and HEX are TCGs (meaning you can trade and sell your cards for real cash) are TCGs like normally in a physical cardboard crack form.
    lancerxx
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Apsolutely. So many

Hartstone launched bit of CCG "clone attack" like LOL launched with mobas.

Here is list of ones I find excellent - and why

1. Duelyst > Probably best in the bunch ( even beats HS ) It is combination of Tactical miniatures on the board that are also cards. The matches are lighting fast, no longer than 6 minutes. Fantastic game with super strong playerbase

2. Faeria > TCG + MIniatures - with twist that you build the board as you play. Probably the most complex TCG

3. Eternal > Imagine best of Haeartstone mixed with MagicTG.

4. Elder Scrolls Legends > ( from same company as Eternal ) - Same like HS but in Elder Scroll world

5. Gwent > The game from Witcher 3 is now stand alone CCG - will have 20 hour long story mode

6. Labyrinth > D&D game meets CCG , like duelyst but you play against dungeon your opponent set up

7. Shardbound > Like Duelyst

8. HEX > Its CCG MMO

And I run out of steam ... the list is so long, and most of the games are excellent. Easily comparable to Hearthstone.

lancerxx

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I've been playing Shadowverse. It's like the Japanese Hearthstone. It's super well made and feels extremely balanced. Plus each type of hero tends to play completely different than others. Also any time an expansion comes out they give you 15 boosters free. If you can deal with a bit of an anime theme, it's really fun and has quite a large playerbase.
    lancerxx
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    I haven't played Hearthstone but as far as online card games go Magic Duels was quite good. Unfortunately they won't be updating it anymore. It sounds like one of their new upcoming games "Magic Arena" is supposed be the new and improved successor, but I can't speak to it's quality until I've played it.

Magic Duels allowed you to earn new booster packs through play though, and it was actually fairly easy. I had a couple sets I got 100% of the cards in just because I was actively playing during those sets. If you enjoy MTG it's a seriously great way to test out new deck theories before shelling out cash for them.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I claim Duelyst as the best option,too bad they ruined that game a tad trying to be like the rest.When they allowed 2 card mulligans,it helped to lose a tad bit of the rng in TCG's,they rolled it back to 1 card and ruins it's uniqueness.

ONLY MTG,the king of TCG's allows trading,the rest are just grinding money out of players.
    lancerxx

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Stizzled said:
    How is ES: Legends? I keep meaning to try it but never have. Do you need to pump a bunch of money into it to have any fun?
     Nope.  It's well done; addicting, too.  I have a red and blue deck I'm pretty happy with, haven't spent a cent.

I'm loathe to send Zenimax any money even by way of proxy regardless of how good their games are due to their seeming efforts to strangle a certain startup VR company.  'Tis an ethical conundrum. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Im gonna add

Forgotten Myths.......... Really enjoy the Factions and Strategy in this one ..
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/299910/Forgotten_Myths_CCG/

And Cardhunter .. Cardhunter brings a really great tabletop adventure feel to there CCG and really in depth deckbuilding via Gear. And a great sense of humor

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293260/Card_Hunter/