Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
That's right, in the latest ATV they confirmed that having to go for a poop will be something your character needs to do, what bloody idiocy...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/confirmed-in-atv-pooping-mechanic-is-on-the-way

Long term diseases etc, sounds like Murray when he was prattling on about creating every molecule for a planet's atmosphere. Someone needs to tell these idiots to shut their mouth and just make the damn game instead of fantasising about all the possible things they could put in if they had 100 years to spend on development.
bartoni33KefoXarkoVrikakikoodutroa8MrMelGibson[Deleted User]SlyLoKFrodoFraginsLackingMMOand 13 others.

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    A wiping mini-game perhaps? Space plumber profession confirmed?

Well however long it takes to get this implemented is OK. It's QoL improvements like this that make the wait worth it.

XarkoSBFordRidelynnGruntyMadFrenchie[Deleted User]holdenhamletsomeforumguyvito11rpmcmurphyand 2 others.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    That's right, in the latest ATV they confirmed that having to go for a poop will be something your character needs to do, what bloody idiocy...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/confirmed-in-atv-pooping-mechanic-is-on-the-way

Long term diseases etc, sounds like Murray when he was prattling on about creating every molecule for a planet's atmosphere. Someone needs to tell these idiots to shut their mouth and just make the damn game instead of fantasising about all the possible things they could put in if they had 100 years to spend on development.
    Hey!  He saw it in some other game, so they had to  have it.   And you can spend your time on the can checking things out on your Mega Watch!

Does make me wonder.....is taking a dump instanced?

Really, sometimes things should just be abstracted out.
    MadFrenchie

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    bartoni33 said:
    A wiping mini-game perhaps? Space plumber profession confirmed?

Well however long it takes to get this implemented is OK. It's QoL improvements like this that make the wait worth it.

...How on earth is this QoL...? O.o

Then again... I guess it WOULD lead to a better quality of life... no constipation and all...
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    That truly is a shit idea.
    Azaron_NightbladeVrikaSBFordRelampagoKefoDarkagesURMAKERMrMelGibson[Deleted User]MadFrenchieand 10 others.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Could this game get any better? Besides being an actual, released one?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited September 2017
    Now you can really say SC is the sh*t.  :D

I guess the poop deck on your ship will be a real thing.
    Azaron_NightbladeRelampagoMrMelGibson[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    brings an entire new meaning to " Full Wipe " in game
    SBFordRelampagoMrMelGibson[Deleted User]RobsolfPhryLahuzerPopple
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited September 2017
    I'm going to object if you have to go to toilet to do it. If it's not your spaceship you should be able to do it wherever as long as you aren't caught or it's not realistic.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Hey, it works in Ark. The poop is actually useful too. 
    Babuinixrefo18

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    Well on the tier of survival mechanic this was created for stamina/breathing, the rest is status effects.

But they do mention the need to Eat, Shower and use a bathroom, but don't expect that to be any imposing side of something like having to eat something once or twice a day otherwise debuffs apply, wouldn't it be reasonable? The other debuffs, like toxic environments and such, would be pretty normal to have here.

Things like "long term diseases" would hit on the https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman design doc where you do are meant to get permanent damage to your character as you die.

But I always found amazing the number of people whining their ship didn't have a toilet :D 
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    GdemamiBeezerbeez
  • CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 113
    SC is just getting silly now. Making me regret backing it.
    Darkagesvito11Rhime
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Will you be able to use the bio-waste to grow potatoes and other food sources?

Also will they use toilet paper in the far flung future or will Chris finally explain how to use the three seashells? A question that has bugged countless people since the first showing of The Demolition Man
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    A massive fleet of enemy ships appears...
    Player 1: I think I'm gonna shit myself...
    Player 2: Yeah... I think we're dead...
    Player 1: What? No! It's this stupid timer again! Take over the controls and get us the fuck out of here while I hit the bathroom!!!
    XarkoKumaponAlumicard

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Player 1: What? No! It's this stupid timer again! Take over the controls and get us the fuck out of here while I hit the bathroom!!!
    Or... Space Diaper!

They mentioned this before in terms of status, the actual timer here is oxygen and its simulation but this, like Hunger or even Showering, would be more a slow non-imposing debuff.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    In my opion there could be more important things to be working on or added CIG is wasting time and money.
    vito11Cogohi
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    In my opion there could be more important things to be working on or added CIG is wasting time and money.
    This isn't being added now, it's just something planned.

What was added, and for 3.0, is Breathing & Stamina, that adds atmospheres to ships and rooms and simulates oxygen consumption.

I like this for FPS play, it is full run everywhere with no consequence whatsoever right now, this should slow stuff down to be more strategic, having your actions and your gear impact your stamina.
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited September 2017
    I can see it now, server's split over scrunching or folding, which is the correct technique?, guild's will make it a requirement for recruitment, demanding video proof, fortunes will be made and lost in toilet paper wars.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited September 2017
    So the excuse to not have launched is because in-game taking a shit needs to be there?

Glad I got my money back years ago.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Adds a whole new twist on the notion of "development pipeline".
    rertezTalonsinMrMelGibson[Deleted User]Lazarus71someforumguyOctagon7711mrputtssgelPhryand 2 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    edited September 2017
    The sea shells.... hilarious :)   I'm sure this will a vital part of the game and hey, we'll be able to say confidently nobody in game is full of crap

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    They can't stop promising features. I don't even know who was asking for this system to begin with. 

I wish they would just stop saying OH WE NEED THIS TOO THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, to every little damn thing in existence. If they stopped doing that and just focused on what they are going to release, the game would be way more viable to come out sooner, rather than 15 years from now when they are adding virtual hair growth in real time. 
    They can't stop promising features. I don't even know who was asking for this system to begin with. 
    Roleplayers, roleplayers and roleplayers. You'll find talks about usable toilets in ships back in 2012. Whelp?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    MaxBacon said:
    Roleplayers, roleplayers and roleplayers. You'll find talks about usable toilets in ships back in 2012. Whelp?
    Why? You don't need to be that envoloped in a world to have fun roleplaying. Pooping just seems outrageous.
    Why? You don't need to be that envoloped in a world to have fun roleplaying. Pooping just seems outrageous.
    I don't even, I'm friendly to RP but I never understood why people talked and still do talk about Toilets in ships so much.

For example, the old Cutlass was revamped for the next 3.0 update and its toilet was removed, so that became a topic. lol

In this aspect, I would say just have to eat time to time to not get debuffs, or even showering that makes sense in its RP nature, beds are embedded in gameplay (save game, recover, etc..), but toilets are meh.
    Beezerbeez
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    This is taking realism a bit too far for my taste. Being forced to eat is fine but this is just silly...
    SBFordsgelPhry