Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited Free Trial Reemerges from Now Through Sep 27 - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLimited Free Trial Reemerges from Now Through Sep 27 - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar News - If you've still not had a chance to dive into Shroud of the Avatar, you have an opportunity to do so thanks to the arrival of the latest Free Trial. It is currently underway and will run through September 27th. There are limitations on the experience, though you can journey through the scenes, talk with players and try out the opening quests. Any progress made will be saved should you decide to back the game in Early Access.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LadyCatnipLadyCatnip Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Then you realize that all they want you to do is spend money to do anything in that game and realize it's not worth it. Seriously.. 45 - 200 dollers just to have a house in that game.. and that's only buying the house, not spending the money for the plot.
    LeFantomeJamesGoblinvito11warsaber1375FreelancerND
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

No choice, the game is empty as hell. The fan base is at what.. 200+- ?  So this supposedly trial, is only a way to milk the game, once more. There is tons a limitation in this trial BUT you can spend money in their $$ shop.. And now, they have a mini begothon every month. We can tell.. the end is near for that mess. 
    JamesGoblin

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I managed to play this for two hours or so before I deleted. It's a horrible confusing mess, intuitive it is not. Combat is old school in a bad way and the graphics make EQ2 look good. Think I saw two other "visitors" in the starting area. Even as a ftp offering I wouldn't waste my time with this.
    JamesGoblin
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited September 2017
    I was going to comment on this in more detail, then I realized I no longer have any fucks to give. Wait, wait, this is too good: Talk with thousands of players? Bwahahahahaha!
    Post edited by MightyUnclean on
    MadFrenchieJamesGoblinFreelancerND
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2017
    Nice trailer. I think it should have been an RPG and open to modding as such.
    Also visitors should have full access but limit the total time played.  All those restrictions won't make a person want to play the game.  That's why a lot of the AAA's give full access for say a weekend or four days.  I've bought into some MMO's after playing a free weekend.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited September 2017
    Explore hundreds of scenes, talk with thousands of players, adventure through the opening quests, and gain experience and skills as you get used to the world of New Britannia! ------------ Talk with thousands of players, that is simply a LIE.
    Post edited by LeFantome on
    JamesGoblinFreelancerND

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    OG_Zorvan said:
    When this turd finally flushes, can we all finally agree to ignore Garriott like the useless, has-been dipwad deserves? Time to start sending these "old school" one trick ponies out to pasture.
    This game will continue to survive on life support like it has for the last 2 years with the same dozen people flushing their life savings into it. Eventually those fools will either smarten up or go broke, either way Garriot laughs himself to sleep every night at their expense.
    LeFantomepostlarvalJamesGoblinFreelancerND

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I played for 2 hours and i regret it all.
    LeFantome

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

pegleg said:

I played for 2 hours and i regret it all.

At least, you didn't pay anything..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2017
    OG_Zorvan said:
    When this turd finally flushes, can we all finally agree to ignore Garriott like the useless, has-been dipwad deserves? Time to start sending these "old school" one trick ponies out to pasture.
    I don't think it fair to call this a one trick pony or even old school it is simply imo a game design centered around a heavy cash shop.The cash shop is what most detests me and the overworld travel design is also one i do not agree with and is NOT like the better game designs i have played from old school.

Moba's,arpg's,Overwatch are very cheap one trick ponies,this is not one of those.

There is also nothing wrong with MANY old school ideas "the good ones"because let's be honest here nobody has created anything new in any mmorpg,at least not plausible ideas that belong in a living breathing rpg world.If anything,devs are getting lazier on trying to bring us better mmorpg's but instead try to make them look more and more like arcade games.

Point being this has some of the basic ideas we expect to see in a rpg,more so than some others still incoming in the next couple years.It is just that the overall design is a cheap one that was cost effective,this is designed for profits and not to build us a wondrous world.

I should make note that the node idea from BDO is one of those NOT plausible or ideas that belong in mmorpg.The reason is because it is nothing more than a cheap stat box,you don't actually see it in the world,so yeah,let me know when a developer comes up with something new and plausible.So until i see something new,EVERYONE is still an old school game design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Is this the fate of the recent crowd funded Mmorpg? I forgot this game even existed and it's in some kind of weird pre release limbo that's absolutely horrible.

I really hope not, but I'm not sure I've seen any of the other recent crowd funded games even release yet. Here's to hoping AOC, Pantheon, CU, etc get it right. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have donated any amount of money to this games development.
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    played it in last trial
    cant see where alle the money is going too.
    definitely NOT into gamedesign and gameplay.
    LeFantome
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I played the alpha almost 2 years ago? I knew it was doomed for failure back then. It was like stepping back into a 1990's RPG. Let this be a lesson that nostalgia should just remain nostalgia.
    played it in last trial
    cant see where alle the money is going too.
    definitely NOT into gamedesign and gameplay.

Yeah, I think the same.  Garriott  took a lot of money for his personal matter. That's for sure.

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I backed the Kickstarter for this one along with Star Citizen since they had some synergies in the form of some shared rewards if you backed both projects around the $45 level. I only played Shroud of the Avatar once during one of the first alphas and quickly logged out. With all the negative voices surrounding the game from existing backers I have not felt like spending time on giving it another run.

Star Citizen is a story for itself. I've played it a couple of times but everything something new is added I always seem to have problems with getting the game to even run, let alone run smoothly. What a hot mess. Due to this I've simply opted to just leave it be until it eventually releases.

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Both of these A-List ex-Origin designers (Garriott and Roberts) are unrealistic dreamers and terrible project managers.  They both benefited from the infrastructural support of the company they were at, and the nature of the times they were in.   
    [Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.