Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMO most promoted griefing?

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    So to sum up the thread:

Side A: You consent to PvP when you log into a PvP game. All PvP that is allowed by the devs is intended. You can not be griefed by someone who is playing the game the way the devs intended it to be played.

Side B: We don't care what the creator of the game intended. Our feelings are all that matter. If you hurt our feelings we will call you mentally ill, morally bankrupt, an "a$$hole", and a "total failure as a human being" because that's a rational response to being inconvenienced.

Neither side is going to budge and there's no common ground. Continuing to argue is pointless.

The reason you made that conclusion is because you see it in black or white. Either it is totally fine or it is a mental illness. But the fact is there are lots of shades in between. 
    Loled you by accident, sorry. I think you put it nicely, nicer then I would  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GdemamiConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    In my own experience, the Seal Online. They don't have clear rules for the hunting boss in a dungeon.

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
    lahnmir said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Side A: You consent to PvP when you log into a PvP game. All PvP that is allowed by the devs is intended. You can not be griefed by someone who is playing the game the way the devs intended it to be played.

Side B: We don't care what the creator of the game intended. Our feelings are all that matter. If you hurt our feelings we will call you mentally ill, morally bankrupt, an "a$$hole", and a "total failure as a human being" because that's a rational response to being inconvenienced.

Neither side is going to budge and there's no common ground. Continuing to argue is pointless.

The reason you made that conclusion is because you see it in black or white. Either it is totally fine or it is a mental illness. But the fact is there are lots of shades in between. 
    Loled you by accident, sorry. I think you put it nicely, nicer then I would  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Ohh @Gdemami, you little LOLer, you seem to be doing it a lot by accident too, seems we have something in common after all. Hugs!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2017
    So to sum up the thread:

You know that "the way the devs intended it to be played" thing you keep hiding your wilfull ignorance behind sounds a lot to me like "but...but... mommy said I could."

As an aside, you really should be concerned that the only person liking your posts is the resident sociopathic troll. When he likes your posts you know you really done fucked up good.
    GdemamiMadFrenchieConstantineMerusCaffynated[Deleted User]KyleranRufusUO
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

So to sum up the thread:

Ohh god, even on ignore I can see his nonsense when you quote it.....

Funny he talks about rational responses when he was the one throwing insults around, apparently that was ok and normal?

Even funnier is the whole 'its PVP' thing when half of the time we aren't even talking about PVP but PVE, a bit of a blind spot I guess.

But the best might be that he knows how the creators of games want their games to be played, they told him specifically, the rest of us just didn't get the memo.

What a hypocritical pile of nonsense. If it walks like a jerk and talks like a jerk...

The conclusion is spot on though, could not agree more.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    GdemamiCaffynated

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    lahnmir said:
    Ohh @Gdemami, you little LOLer, you seem to be doing it a lot by accident too, seems we have something in common after all. Hugs!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Once again your lack of reasoning skills...

On the contrary, it is a nice example of the difference between us since I am aware that I can 'unlol' posts and tag them with something else.

Kyleran
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

On the contrary, it is a nice example of the difference between us since I am aware that I can 'unlol' posts and tag them with something else.

? I am not even sure what you are trying to say here. Lack of reasoning skills? How did you come up with that? You LOL just about every post in some kind of Pavlovian response and I made a joke about that, guess that one went over your head.

And if you are aware that you can change your tags, then why don't you correct your nonsensical responses? The only difference you have highlighted here is your laziness, ohh, and a lack of humor.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gdemami

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

But you never do! :(
    Gdemami
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    lahnmir said:
    And if you are aware that you can change your tags, then why don't you correct your nonsensical responses? 
    Because there is nothing to be corrected - again your lack of reasonign skills and again another lol.

Thanks for the laugh.
    lahnmir
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You know that "the way the devs intended it to be played" thing you keep hiding your wilfull ignorance behind sounds a lot to me like "but...but... mommy said I could."

As an aside, you really should be concerned that the only person liking your posts is the resident sociopathic troll. When he likes your posts you know you really done fucked up good.

"Hitler liked dogs, so if you like dogs too then you know you really done fucked up good."

Do you see how insanely stupid that is?

It's not surprising that you think that way though, given your history of misandry and racism. Hatred and ignorance is all I've come to expect from you.

Gdemami
    edited September 2017
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:
    And if you are aware that you can change your tags, then why don't you correct your nonsensical responses? 
    Because there is nothing to be corrected - again your lack of reasonign skills and again another lol.

Thanks for the laugh.
    Edit. Stuff I typed that you won't get and call lack of reasoning skills while being nonsensical yourself. Nvm, carry on, you don't need me to look foolish.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    GdemamiHatefull

edited September 2017
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

"Hitler liked dogs, so if you like dogs too then you know you really done fucked up good."

It's not surprising that you think that way though, given your history of misandry and racism. Hatred and ignorance is all I've come to expect from you.

So... because Iselin is a racist, possibly even a Nazi, he believes griefing exists? 

I like you to share a bit of his history of racism here please. Maybe you're right. Maybe this whole griefing thing is a new racist front. Hard to believe its inception is at Canada, but what the heck. I'd like to learn. Do tell. 
    MadFrenchie

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited September 2017
    So... because Iselin is a racist, possibly even a Nazi, he believes griefing exists? 
    ....he also believes in proof by lack of evidence. That should give one a hint.
    Kyleran
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

My misandry is very selective. It's only directed at dumb fucks... sorry if that offends you.
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

I like you to share a bit of his history of racism here please. Maybe you're right. Maybe this whole griefing thing is a new racist front. Hard to believe its inception is at Canada, but what the heck. I'd like to learn. Do tell. 

You're off in a parallel dimension reading things nobody ever said.

bcbully
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

But I referred to what you said? You called him a racist. I asked you to share that history of his. Which part of this direct and simple question misdirected you to a parallel universe?
    Gdemami

Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

But I referred to what you said? You called him a racist. I asked you to share that history of his. Which part of this direct and simple question misdirected you to a parallel universe?
    You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

I was responding to him saying that because someone he doesn't like agrees with my posts, that means my posts are fucked up.

As for Islin's racism, it was deleted by mods and he managed to get himself banned shortly thereafter.

He's racist against white people, so I don't think he would fit in well with the Nazis.
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

I was responding to him saying that because someone he doesn't like agrees with my posts, that means my posts are fucked up.

As for Islin's racism, it was deleted by mods and he managed to get himself banned shortly thereafter.

He's racist against white people, so I don't think he would fit in well with the Nazis.
    Well to be fair, Canadians make horrible Nazis. So it doesn't matter if he hates whites or other colors, he'll suck at it anyways. 
    Hatefull

edited September 2017
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Well to be fair, Canadians make horrible Nazis. So it doesn't matter if he hates whites or other colors, he'll suck at it anyways. 
    He's referring to my disdain for the mob that was attacking a Bioware employee instigated by Ethan Ralph where I might have made reference to those who overexpose their neck to sunshine which apparently is not a word that mmorpg.com approves of. And no, it wasn't a ban it was bars on my avatar for a week.

He may be hypersensitive to that 60's term for reactionary dumb asses.

The whole thing started with this article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647
    GdemamiConstantineMerusMadFrenchieHatefull

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

He's referring to my disdain for the mob that was attacking a Bioware employee instigated by Ethan Ralph where I might have made reference to those who overexpose their neck to sunshine which apparently is not a word that mmorpg.com approves of. And no, it wasn't a ban it was bars on my avatar for a week.

He may be hypersensitive to that 60's term for reactionary dumb asses.

The whole thing started with this article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647
    So you've done time. Cool. Got any tats?
    laseritHatefullKyleran

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited September 2017
    lahnmir said:

And what a ridiculous statement. If someone else prevents you from doing anything, how in ANY way is that the your fault? If someone does something to you you can in no way prevent and prevents you from doing anything at all, how can you choose to have fun or do something else? There is no one else to blame, grievers have victims, apparently you don't have a clue what a griever is or you just haven't read the thread at all. 
    Of course griefers have victims. That's the point, genius. That's different from someone acting like a HELPLESS victim. It is impossible for someone to prevent you from doing ANYTHING. You always have a choice. You think you're so special that you have the right to go anywhere and do anything in an environment that has loads of other people who want to go anywhere and do anything as well. Some of those people will try and mess with you -- fact. That's multiplayer. Somehow in your fucked up little mind you think your preferences are more important than everyone else. If the game allows griefing, then it's a valid activity, regardless of how you feel about it. 

The one whining and feeling entitled is you. Whining about how bad behavior is being looked down upon and entitled because you think your morally bankrupt play style should be accepted for what it is and people have no right to call you out on it and call you a jerk. Go play in your empty OWPVP game all normal players left because of the toxicity, or isn't that what has happened to all cough*good*cough OWPVP games out there?
    Ah. more "help me mommy" bullshit.

I love how you assume I grief when in fact, I don't. I just happen to realize that's it's part of the PvP experience. When it happens to me I find another way to complete my objective. Griefers are usually not that bright -- it's easy to do an end-run around them and move on. The difference between us is I manage to keep playing while you stand there, wetting your diapers, crying to the devs to stop the bad man from messing with you. And if you don't get any satisfaction in-game, you go to the forums to continue your temper tantrum. How pathetic.

As for those empty OWPVP worlds you're going on about, they seem populated enough for me and fun as well. Empty dying OWPVP worlds is just the fairytale you like to tell yourself because it makes you feel better about the fact that you don't -- or more accurately can't -- participate. They may not have the population of a mindless barbie dress-up fapping party packed full of helpless victims, but the benefit is they don't have many of those same people turning the game into some whine-fest, filled with self-absorbed delicate little snowflakes. I'll take OWPVP over a million of your kind any day.
    MadFrenchiebcbullyCaffynated

lahnmir said:

And what a ridiculous statement. If someone else prevents you from doing anything, how in ANY way is that the your fault? If someone does something to you you can in no way prevent and prevents you from doing anything at all, how can you choose to have fun or do something else? There is no one else to blame, grievers have victims, apparently you don't have a clue what a griever is or you just haven't read the thread at all. 
    Of course griefers have victims. That's the point, genius. That's different from someone acting like a HELPLESS victim. It is impossible for someone to prevent you from doing ANYTHING. You always have a choice. You think you're so special that you have the right to go anywhere and do anything in an environment that has loads of other people who want to go anywhere and do anything as well. Some of those people will try and mess with you -- fact. That's multiplayer. Somehow in your fucked up little mind you think your preferences are more important than everyone else. If the game allows griefing, then it's a valid activity, regardless of how you feel about it. 

The one whining and feeling entitled is you. Whining about how bad behavior is being looked down upon and entitled because you think your morally bankrupt play style should be accepted for what it is and people have no right to call you out on it and call you a jerk. Go play in your empty OWPVP game all normal players left because of the toxicity, or isn't that what has happened to all cough*good*cough OWPVP games out there?

I love how you assume I grief when in fact, I don't. I just happen to realize that's it's part of the PvP experience. When it happens to me I find another way to complete my objective. Griefers are usually not that bright -- it's easy to do an end-run around them and move on. The difference between us is I manage to keep playing while you stand there, wetting your diapers, crying to the devs to stop the bad man from messing with you. And if you don't get any satisfaction in-game, you go to the forums to continue your temper tantrum. How pathetic.

As for those empty OWPVP worlds you're going on about, they seem populated enough for me and fun as well. Empty dying OWPVP worlds is just the fairytale you like to tell yourself because it makes you feel better about the fact that you don't -- or more accurately can't -- participate. They may not have the population of a mindless barbie dress-up fapping party packed full of helpless victims, but the benefit is they don't have many of those same people turning the game into some whine-fest, filled with self-absorbed delicate little snowflakes. I'll take OWPVP over a million of your kind any day.
    Lots of assumptions from your side as well and that lovely hostile tone. Cute, but I'm not impressed. And I'll take a million special snowflakes over internet tough guys that have very important opinions and 'tell it like it is.' The rest of your post is just blablabla which has absolutely nothing to do with me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    GdemamiHatefull

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:

Lots of assumptions from your side as well and that lovely hostile tone. Cute, but I'm not impressed. And I'll take a million special snowflakes over internet tough guys that have very important opinions and 'tell it like it is.' The rest of your post is just blablabla which has absolutely nothing to do with me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Coolness. Carry on, snowflake.
    Caffynated

Funny thing is the whole thread there are people whom say we never grief, but griefing doesn't exist, no one does it to annoy other players, ever.

Then there's another group whom insist they have done it many a time just to annoy other players. 

I'm against all that name calling and finding mental sickness for all those griefers. Also against on playing the victim and asking the devs to fix their problem. 

But I still fail to see, how can one be sure to know the intention of ALL players world-wide whom been doing what is commonly named as griefing. 

We act out of despite, to annoy, to bully, to whatever you want to name it, EVERYWHERE. But somehow, virtual PvP is where we draw the line. That sounds very ridiculous. 

Yes, that is also a part of PvP. But that doesn't change what is, doesn't change the intention, neither the outcome. 

Now I understand Richard Dawkins might be able to convince the Pope before anyone here changes their mind. But I can see of both groups would've acted in less of a dogmatic matter this thread would've died days ago. That ain't going to happen for sure. So I wish you all well, and truly hope either group would never meet me in a PvP game.
    Gdemami

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2017
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Holy shit this guy is like the champion of being completely, utterly wrong.

EDIT- wait, Donald, is that you?????  You sandbaggin sonuva bitch, you!
    GdemamiHatefull