Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm very intrigued

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited September 2017 in Black Desert Online
I come here often to marvel at how far this company will go with it's deception. 

Pearl Abyss seems to go to any length to keep the cash shop in peoples face.  I understand promotions are not the cash shop but a way to keep players on, with the assumption everyone would be looking at it as long as they are logged on. 

I'm all for a company to be successful..... but to do it with INTEGRITY not just legal.

Coins, Special Chest, 5 hours a day !!!...... This alone shows low hanging fruit, and dishonesty but within the law. 

Remember the "big $5 Steam sale" ?..... This reeks deception.  Now that your here, take a look at this shop ! 

It's like this: 
The Pearl Abyss building has two rooms.  
- One room full of game designers making a game full of features and light hearted fun things to do.  
- The second, I would like to call "the black room" where the CEO sits with all his deceptive marketing experts that knows how to reach into players gambling addictions.  It gets worst !..... They know how people think, it's been time tested with marketing for years.  They know people will say: 

"$5, that's all this company will get from me". 
"NO WAY they'll get more from me".   

Why not be like Patrick the Star Fish in SpongeBob SquarePants and simply have blind fun ? ..... No, I only take part in honesty ! 

Pear Abyss is not done with people yet, more tricks to come.....I'm intrigued. 

PhryGdemamiAzaron_Nightbladeholdenhamlet

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The game is on sale or rather not on a 'sale' but a regular price of about £7 on Steam, its hardly a price normally associated with B2P, so having a cash shop in the game is hardly surprising or unexpected, nor that they would put items or functionality in the cash shop that players will  be interested in purchasing, fortunately however, you can only buy weapons/armour/equipment etc. from the Auction House, not the cash shop, something which is sadly not the case in the upcoming Destiny 2, where gambleboxes do actually have items/weapons in that are extremely powerful :/
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Do what I do, treat the game as a monthly subscription, buy pearls once a month, and if you don't have enough pearls to buy what you want then wait another month.
    Phryfrancis3343
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited September 2017
    Maurgrim said:
    Do what I do, treat the game as a monthly subscription, buy pearls once a month, and if you don't have enough pearls to buy what you want then wait another month.

Squeeze free fun..... Stick it to the man :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    i tend to just buy the 30 day vip pack, its useful, though last month i did buy several horse skill change coupons for my now T7 Courser :p
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Slow day at work huh?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    So, what was the deception? Cash shops are the norm these days. There are a fair number of games that aren't too shy about pumping them. A lot of them have ridiculous prices.

This is pretty much business as usual.
    Slow day at work huh?

I took the week off, I have a lot of vacation time.  Also, the OP was before 6 am EST, before the family gets up :)
    DMKano said:
    Today I learned that deception is a synonym for sale.

It's like a jewelry store.... Notice everything is always 70% off.  Yet that ring is still $3000.00 :)
    edited September 2017
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

It's like a jewelry store.... Notice everything is always 70% off.  Yet that ring is still $3000.00 :)

As long as the final price is clearly marked...... no deception.

True story,

Years ago I needed a chainsaw ( The Poulan Wild Thing "18 ), I got it at Lowe's $149.95, standard price no sale. 

Weeks later I was in a local discount store.  In the main center isle was a major liquidation sale skid with this saw  " on sale $169.99, must go !! "  the sign had...... Two old guys were looking at it..... Poor old guys ! 

Legal, sure
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    This site just seems to get worse every week.  We are now posting threads complaining about a sale.  A few days ago we were complaining because the free parts they got for a PC could have been better.  I can not wait to see what we complain about tomorrow or next week...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    This site just seems to get worse every week.  We are now posting threads complaining about a sale.  A few days ago we were complaining because the free parts they got for a PC could have been better.  I can not wait to see what we complain about tomorrow or next week...

Have you seen the price of Bananas lately ? 

Hay, if mmos are now deceptive, well their you have it !
    Talonsin
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I never paid anything into BDO other than the original box cost. I paid for my monthly sub buying the packs in the auction house (which is incredibly hard to buy since people spam the buy button the second any go up for sale, still managed to get around 8 last time I tried). I bought all my cosmetics and pets through the auction house. It isn't hard to play the game without spending any extra money. If people are wanting to waste money on the cash shop that's up to them. The way selling the items works isn't even really worth it to sell them, so I'm surprised people spend money to try to get items, since they sell for so little. 
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited September 2017
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

True story,

Years ago I needed a chainsaw ( The Poulan Wild Thing "18 ), I got it at Lowe's $149.95, standard price no sale. 

Weeks later I was in a local discount store.  In the main center isle was a major liquidation sale skid with this saw  " on sale $169.99, must go !! "  the sign had...... Two old guys were looking at it..... Poor old guys ! 

Legal, sure
    Because Lowes, as a rather large chain of retail stores, gets preferential pricing on most items sold in their stores. Just like The Home Depot, Walmart, Target, etc...The "local discount store" is most likely buying from some unknown 3rd party that initially spent much more than the larger stores to by the chainsaws. 

This is very basic stuff...

What any of that has to do with Black Dessert i have no clue, seems like just another trollish post.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    when are these losers going to drop the IP lock?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Raquis said:
    when are these losers going to drop the IP lock?
    I can assure you, they are not doing it to punish you.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited September 2017
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

True story,

Legal, sure
    Well, the Lowe's is a large chain store that can buy larger quantities of items and get discounts from their suppliers. So it's very possible that they paid less for the item and thus can give better discounts.

The local "discount store" might have paid more for the item and wanted to make a certain amount to cover their costs and make whatever profit they can. Additionally, since it's a discount store, they might initially list it at "x price" and then lower the price over time with the appropriate "slashes" as part of their internal marketing.

Has nothing to do with "legal".

edit: Uh! RexK just posted the same thing above.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I remember I use to pay $30 a month for 2 Lineage 2 accounts. I did that for years.

Since starting Black Desert in beta I have only used the cash shop once to buy a costume for my Striker that cost me $20.
    Mikeha said:
    I remember I use to pay $30 a month for 2 Lineage 2 accounts. I did that for years.

Since starting Black Desert in beta I have only used the cash shop once to buy a costume for my Striker that cost me $20.

I'm more interested in motives behind companies practices.  More so than individual testimonial's on how they can slip under the wire, and are willing to play as a gimped player.  Please don't take that the wrong way...... Anyone that can stick it to the man is OK with me !

Mikeha, have fun with BDO :) 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Slow day at work huh?

I took the week off, I have a lot of vacation time.  Also, the OP was before 6 am EST, before the family gets up :)
    Ah... that explains it!
    I look forward to the other wacky threads you come up with during this week, @delete5230
    ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited September 2017
    Mikeha said:

I'm more interested in motives behind companies practices.  More so than individual testimonial's on how they can slip under the wire, and are willing to play as a gimped player.  Please don't take that the wrong way...... Anyone that can stick it to the man is OK with me !

Mikeha, have fun with BDO :) 

Playing gimped? LOL

Please enlighten me how I am gimped. 

Nothing has been taken the wrong way. I have been waiting along time for somebody to explain this.   Thanks for replying. 
    Slow day at work huh?

Ah... that explains it!
    I look forward to the other wacky threads you come up with during this week, @delete5230
    ;)

Get the popcorn and enjoy the show :)
    Azaron_Nightblade