Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE plans to allow RMT(gold sellers) during the live game

15678911»

Comments

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41
    "they gain a little power". LOL

Amazon is a little eCommerce company...

that all you got for my entire post? Damn, I knew I was right... 
    TheScavenger

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

That one snippet provides all the perspective that most people need to know about the rest of your post.  When one can claim that the ability to buy resources, skills, houses, transportation, population centers, nobility and even kingship is gaining "a little power" it explains the rest of your thoughts perfectly.  Coming from that perspective I am sure it all DOES make sense!

BruceYeeGdemamicraftseekerPhry

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited August 2017

That one snippet provides all the perspective that most people need to know about the rest of your post.  When one can claim that the ability to buy resources, skills, houses, transportation, population centers, nobility and even kingship is gaining "a little power" it explains the rest of your thoughts perfectly.  Coming from that perspective I am sure it all DOES make sense!

touche' 

But really you are right, it does.

I see it as setting history for the game, setting up rules for the world setting, then playing out to see what happens,
    absolutely no different the any role playing game like, say Dungeon World.
    It's a collaboration. The truth is it's all transient illusion and fluid. 
    So you set yourself up as a king as part of the story? That has some power, for sure, but if the system itself allows the other players to do as they will, be the hero or villain they want to be, who cares?  It's a Game, and not some Life or Death Political Struggle. 
    The system/GM can set upon the "king" such burdens as to balance things.

While this is different than most open ended leveling system MMOs, it doesn't make it bad. 

TheScavenger[Deleted User]StaalBurghercraftseeker

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• Torin_KhaosTorin_Khaos Member UncommonPosts: 18
    BizkitNL said:
    An ingame economy dictated by out-of-game resources (money). Hm.
    There is a name for that.. ArcheAge
  • mickdudemickdude Member CommonPosts: 2

Except for how fragile all of those "powers" are. Resources can be stolen, houses can be taken or destroyed, and mounts can be killed (You cannot buy skills). We've already seen kingdoms collapse- people who have backed the game at the monarch tier have dropped out and left the game because they didn't actually have power. 

To be a king in this game, you need a lot more than the money, as evidenced by those dead kingdoms. You could pour hundreds of thousands of dollars into this game and still lose hard.
    edited September 2017
    mickdude said:
    people who have backed the game at the monarch tier have dropped out and left the game because they didn't actually have power

Sure... THAT'S why they left... LOL
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    craftseekerChampie

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Personally I enjoy this type of system, I like my in game currency to have legitimate real world value.  I just dislike everything else about CoE.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I'll follow this game and just wait and see because the plan and the game will be two different things.  It sounds interesting enough but so does every game until it actually comes out.
    This is pretty much the stance you should take on EVERY MMO coming out these days, unless you enjoy throwing money away.
    MadFrenchieKyleran

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I bet Renoku is buying an expensive founders pack after hearing "the good news".
    Phry
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Wow, the OP is vastly misguided and misinformed. Interesting how that devolved into such a lengthy thread. 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Wow, the OP is vastly misguided and misinformed. Interesting how that devolved into such a lengthy thread. 
    So 5 months after the thread was made you join in and say that the OP is misinformed without giving any sources for that claim.

COE fans don't need to provide any evidence.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    The thing CoE is clearly not understanding is that 3rd world countries pay hordes of people to farm gold for mere pennies an hour. Your average gamer is not going to be selling anything, because he has no chance to compete with gold farming companies who employ tens or hundreds of people.

Also, this promotes hacking by these Chinese companies, so they can just take your gold, and use your characters.

Really bad decision, but the game probably will not be popular enough to worry too much.
    Gdemami
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    The good news is we have Ashes of Creation and Pantheon to look forward to in 2018
    Kyleran
    edited October 2017
    LoL The OP was a direct quote from the developer. I guess it hurts when reality hits home.
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    KyleranGdemami

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Wedlen said:
    The good news is we have Ashes of Creation and Pantheon to look forward to in 2018
    Er, no you don't,  not fully released anyways.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon