Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers Coming Down for 2 Days for Merger Process - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageServers Coming Down for 2 Days for Merger Process - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge News - Starting at 12:00 pm Pacific / 3:00 pm Eastern today, ArcheAge North American servers will be taken down to complete the server merger process called "Evolutions". The plan is that NA servers will be back up on September 9th at approximately 4:00 pm Pacific / 7:00 pm Eastern. EU servers have been down for about an hour and will be brought back up on September 9th sometime between 2:00 and 6:00 pm UTC.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Oh! Servers Coming Down ..and I was like "Wow! Well deserved" .

But then for 2 days ...

/sad
    Sourajit

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228
    When your population leaves because you are a cash grabbing company, who only cares about making a quick buck and not engaging content...

I bet Trion wishes they never put Thunderstruck logs and Aranum in those chest you can buy from the loot store. I have never seen a mass exodus from a game so fast, maybe other than Echo of Soul.

OzmodanSourajit

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    toljar said:
    When your population leaves because you are a cash grabbing company, who only cares about making a quick buck and not engaging content...

I bet Trion wishes they never put Thunderstruck logs and Aranum in those chest you can buy from the loot store. I have never seen a mass exodus from a game so fast, maybe other than Echo of Soul.

Haven't played ArcheAge for awhile, so you seriously cannot get Thunderstruck logs from planting trees anymore? That ends any desire to return.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    toljar said:

Haven't played ArcheAge for awhile, so you seriously cannot get Thunderstruck logs from planting trees anymore? That ends any desire to return.
    You should probably wait for an answer from an informed source before taking any decision.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Kyleran said:
    toljar said:

You should probably wait for an answer from an informed source before taking any decision.

That comment alone is not preventing me from returning, but it would be the final nail in the coffin.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Played this until a patch hit and Glyph bugged out, no longer able to run any games from them, but ah wasn't many ppl left playing, played auction house that's about it for the last days i played.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    You can still get TS trees from planting trees....Now on if Trion is greedy with the cash shop?  Yes.  They have had this package with a upgraded car running forever...  I miss sub based games that were not cash shopped.  
    sanguinnetti
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Trion continues to be Trion. They are and will forever be on my Do Not Play list.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Trion completely destroyed Arche Age, between the massive farms I had I was pulling between 4-10 Thunder Strucks a week...

All Trion has done is taken a great game which I wish I was a manager in to make the game great again and throw it into the trash its sad to see one of the best games with potential go to waste because of Trion, and their Greed, but take it from someone who spent over $1000 in the game over years don't bother with the game, or even BDO for that matter because they are starting to do the same things too besides XingCode issue I hate with it.

Also ESO is the only reputable MMO worth playing at the moment besides some older games like World OF Warcraft, or Guild Wars 2.
    PhryMikehaExcessionMrMelGibsonGdemamiSourajitjimmywolfdarkhalf357x
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited September 2017
    I will never forgive Trion for taking a decent game and completely trashing it with RNG crap.

Someone should do a thesis on how to ruin a video game through your cash shop using this game as their focus.  I rank Trion up at the top when it comes to worst publishers!  

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Kyleran said:

toljar said:

As a matter of fact, I'm a pretty informed source. Trion added the ability to get thunderstruck logs and other rare resources from their cash shop. This lead to a huge uprising, well that and other stupid things, and a large player base left. The game has been in decline since...
    GdemamiSourajit

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I feel bad for the players who have land and are now losing it. Good luck in the new land rush on the new servers.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

toljar said:

Kyleran said:

toljar said:

As a matter of fact, I'm a pretty informed source. Trion added the ability to get thunderstruck logs and other rare resources from their cash shop. This lead to a huge uprising, well that and other stupid things, and a large player base left. The game has been in decline since...
    Did you state players could still get thunderstruck trees in game? Did you note while 12 servers are merging into 4 there are 8 servers untouched.

Is there a modern MMO out today that hasnt gone into a state of continual player decline for one reason or another.

More importantly, are you currently playing?

jimmywolf

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Nope! Never again!

My time in ArcheAge is well and truly over. I could live with the P2W and other cash grab bullshit. But what killed the game for me were these latest patches.

ArcheAge isn't ArcheAge anymore. They destroyed farming. They destroyed gathering. Owning land is pointless now.

Gating everything behind daily vocation is an abomination. I'm never going back!
    OzmodanScorchienJDis25
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    One of the one games that I wish was sub only with cosmetic cash shop at most. Oh well...
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I was playing for a few days , Hardly 1 or 2 support players in chat. I do not think anyone plays this game anymore.
    Kyleran

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    If Trion abandoned this game and another publisher took it up without all the standard Trion crap, I bet it'd be really popular.

As it stands it's pretty dead because of what they did to it, aside from the few people who spend thousands each month on it who basically keep it running.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited September 2017
    Talonsin said:
    I feel bad for the players who have land and are now losing it. Good luck in the new land rush on the new servers.
    No land rush, there is plenty available, owning land now is rather pointless considering all the changes.  

I really am amazed how clueless Trion has been about this game.  Every time I think their changes can't get any worse they do.  Like a masochistic publisher who intends to punish their player base as much as they can.

I was tempted to start playing Rift the other day as some friends were back playing it except that the thought of giving Trion any funds was abhorrent.
    Scorchien
    edited September 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Talonsin said:
    No land rush, there is plenty available, owning land now is rather pointless considering all the changes.  

I really am amazed how clueless Trion has been about this game.  Every time I think their changes can't get any worse they do.  Like a masochistic publisher who intends to punish their player base as much as they can.

I was tempted to start playing Rift the other day as some friends were back playing it except that the thought of giving Trion any funds was abhorrent.
    As I've always understood things, it has usually been the developers  of AA who largely dictate the direction the game goes in and not Trion so much, but perhaps not.

But if the game was truly as dead as some claim here I  would think Trion would just shut the whole mess down instead of keeping 12 servers running after the merger.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Kyleran said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Talonsin said:

As I've always understood things, it has usually been the developers  of AA who largely dictate the direction the game goes in and not Trion so much, but perhaps not.

But if the game was truly as dead as some claim here I  would think Trion would just shut the whole mess down instead of keeping 12 servers running after the merger.

For a game as fantastic as Archeage is/was and having 21 servers all packed with multi-hour queues, being reduced to 12 servers says a lot.  WoW still has a bit more than half their playerbase and Eve was actually growing for years so it is possible to not sink like the titanic after an MMO launches.  Of those 12 servers, how many are playing for free and how many are gold farmers working from shacks in China?

I'm not saying it is dead but for a game with that much potential, it sure was mishandled on an almost epic scale.
    Ozmodan
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Kyleran said:
    toljar said:

What? That's not the way of MMORPG.com

I thought you got points for jumping to conclusions.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited September 2017
    I am curious how many players would come back to AA if they opened one subs only server without cash shop.
    wouldn't matter - people have been burnt enough they will never trust Trion ever again.  I for one have not touched a Trion game since they ruined Rift and that stance has served me well for years now, including watching the AA debacle from the sidelines while enjoying many other games from companies that actually care about their customers (or at least act like they care...)  After BnS though I am also officially done with playing NcSoft games now too, so I guess add them to pile of garbage on top of Trion.
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited September 2017
    Renoaku said:

Also ESO is the only reputable MMO worth playing at the moment besides some older games like World OF Warcraft, or Guild Wars 2.
    Agreed on this. ESO still gets a bad rap for the issues it had at/around launch. It has grown into a *very* solid MMORPG, with plenty to do, lots of depth and variety. I emphasize the "RPG" part, because it's one of the few titles out there right now that truly deserve and embody that designation.

Is ESO perfect? No. Absolutely not. I have issues with some aspects of it, particularly housing's implementation, among other things. However, the good about it far exceeds the bad.

What gets me is, there's a certain "other MMO" - which you don't list in your post (rightly so, IMO), whose Director/Producer insists can't have certain features, or any more depth than it has, for a variety of reasons, ranging from "it would be too stressful for the players" to "it wouldn't work" to "it can't be done because console limitations" and so on. It's easy enough to assume they're correct so long as you stay in that bubble and don't bother to see what other games offer - which was my case for a while. I let myself remain ignorant.

When I left that "certain other game", I'd spent months and months supporting it, but was finding it becoming extremely repetitive. I decided to take a break, and give ESO another go. Like others, I'd tried it in Beta, and, like many others, stayed away because it just didn't seem to be coming together very well. But, I'd started to see people saying it had improved a lot since then.

Upon diving back in, creating a new character, I was impressed by how much ESO had improved and expanded, and the depth and variety it offered. I then started to get ticked off as I realized that the Director/Producer of "that other game", had been spewing nonsense at me (and the community) for months about what could or couldn't be done in a MMO. Things that the other Director/Producer claimed would be "too stressful for the players" exist in spades in ESO, and the players handle it *just fine*. Things they claimed couldn't be done in that other game "because console support" are done just fine in ESO, despite supporting those same consoles.

In a nutshell, the longer I played ESO, the more I realized that other so-called Dir/Prod is either full of it, or clueless about the genre he's in. And it's only become more apparent since then with every update they make.

Wish it didn't take me so long to be 'snapped out of it'. Better late than never, I guess.

I'm not even playing ESO at the moment - kinda on a hiatus from MMOs for the most part for now - but that is the one MMO I will return to, happily and readily without a second thought. Too bad more people won't give it a fair chance because of what they assume it's like, or because of the missteps made early on.

Post edited by QuarterStack on