Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hack and slash, not my type of game.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited September 2017 in Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is a quality game, I'm not here to bash to bash it, it's just not my type.

In fact I only have one real complaint that the game is FAR TO EASY. I've been slightly warned of this and chose to ignore the warnings, so this is my fault.  However even this could be a lack of knowledge that I can't seem to find answers. Let me explain:

Diablo 3 has a wide range of difficulties ranging from normal to high torment levels.  Understand I'm new to this type of game, you would think I would be struggling.  But surprisingly I only have three options Normal, Hard, and Expert the rest are grayed out, and Expert is a cake walk, in fact I can stress it enough how easy it is.  I do have short moment's where a boss would two shot me, but even then I have an instant resurrection and know I have to be a LITTLE careful. 

Now above I talked about a lack of knowledge.  If I hover above the next grayed out level (Master), it states " locked out until completing Act 4 on first character.  I'm level 28 and still Act 1............ By watching a tips YouTube the narrator talks about around level 6 go to Act 4........... I don't have a clue what his is talking about....... And besides, why ?....... It's just far too easy and for no good reason.  

Now, putting easy aside, I would like to talk about why this TYPE of game is not for me:

I'm playing a Wizard, I'm sure class don't matter anyway, it's all the same.  I have four ability slots and left and right mouse for a total of six.  Each level I get a new ability.  At level 28 I have many.  Already far too many than I care since their basically redundant and for only 6 slots...... Since their so redundant I'm not even looking at them any more.  I don't seem to care, I should but I don't, I have easily what I need for the rest of the game. 

Here is my routine I believe I could do forever with out ever giving it more thought:

Step 1- Cast two 10 minuet buffs, "Magic Weapon" and "Summons a Familiar", both are simple damage buffs.
Step 2- Cast "Slow Time" a bubble that slows monsters and last about 10 seconds.
Step 3- Cast "Arcane Orb" (pulse) or "Disintegrate" (beam of light) until your mana runs dry.
Step 4- Cast "Spectral blade" until your mana builds. 
Strategy- don't face-to-face bosses and jump out of puddles.

This is the game !.......... Like I say, it's not for me.

I'll close with a few notes : 
- Runes are just simple enhancements.  Set-it-and-forge-it
- Mixing skills just changes the SAME basic abilities and animations. 
- Gear is just a mini game of study what drops.  No strategy in getting better stuff. 
You-get-it-if-it-drops.  The game is liner, so it's just a roll of the dice as you come to the next boss. 

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I can't seem to understand why your locked into "easy mode" with Blizzard games !
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    edited September 2017
    Realy should try to mix your skills more also you can put like rune things on them so they change from like freeze enemies to let them explode for example .

Their is also gear that makes this effect from some skills even better.  Yeh the game is pretty easy at start , best thing just finish the game on hardest  you can choose than you can go to adventure mode and alot harder mode

edited September 2017
    krea said:
    Realy should try to mix your skills more also you can put like rune things on them so they change from like freeze enemies to let them explode for example .

Their is also gear that makes this effect from some skills even better.  Yeh the game is pretty easy at start , best thing just finish the game on hardest  you can choose than you can go to adventure mode and alot harder mode

Thanks for reminding me........ I added to the op :)
    Gorwe said:
    I can't seem to understand why your locked into "easy mode" with Blizzard games !
    Maybe now you understand what Blizzard was always about: click heavy, rather simple and often heavily RNG gameplay. The only series where everything but the CLICK! part didn't apply to(Starcraft), got changed to be more in line with those three too. What I can suggest is trying other Diablo-likes. Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, van Helsing and the like.

Remember " Titian ", the next new mmo from Blizzard ?.... Everyone was looking forward to it, but got abandoned. 

Well,I wasn't...... It would be another easy mode game from Blizzard. it would have been another playground for kids instantly on release.
    Gorwe said:
    Maybe now you understand what Blizzard was always about: click heavy, rather simple and often heavily RNG gameplay. The only series where everything but the CLICK! part didn't apply to(Starcraft), got changed to be more in line with those three too. What I can suggest is trying other Diablo-likes. Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, van Helsing and the like.

The last line is good advice,

" Try Grim Dawn, Path of Exiles, Van Helsing "........ If you like hack and slash, but their not my style for reasons stated in the OP, that's up to the players likes.

My advice,

" Don't play Diablo 3 "....... If your looking for any sort of challenge.  However, after unlocks deeper into the game, it supposedly gets harder.  This one is also very liner. 

Thanks Gorwe :)

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Almost every ARPG plays the same way, it's all about hack and slash and getting loot. I would assume that people know what they're getting into when they play this type of game. When you finish the campaign you unlock adventure mode and higher difficulty levels. Then you can start doing rifts where the difficulty levels can be increased substantially.
    DMKano said:
    You cannot judge Diablo 3 on expert.

You litterally have not experienced how difficult the game gets when running greater rifts at 90+

The game is not easy, you just havent seen what it has to offer.

Sure DMK,

I believe you...... Just saying the road to 90 is easy, that's all.
    DMKano said:
    You cannot judge Diablo 3 on expert.

You litterally have not experienced how difficult the game gets when running greater rifts at 90+

The game is not easy, you just havent seen what it has to offer.

Sure DMK,

I believe you...... Just saying the road to 90 is easy, that's all.
    You haven't even done a +1 rift yet, how can you judge the road to +90?
    [Deleted User]
    Forgrimm said:
    Almost every ARPG plays the same way, it's all about hack and slash and getting loot. I would assume that people know what they're getting into when they play this type of game. When you finish the campaign you unlock adventure mode and higher difficulty levels. Then you can start doing rifts where the difficulty levels can be increased substantially.

Yes Forgrimm,

I'm sure they all play the same way.  It's also what I assumed, however I had to try to experience it for myself. 
    Gorwe said:
    If a road to Rifts isn't interesting enough, why should anyone care how the Rifts are? This is similar to Dark Souls 2 fiasco. Mediocre base game with a very nice expansion. But you first have to trudge through Blight Town to get to Artorias(excuse the DkS 1 language). And not everyone wants to trudge through shit. In fact, one could point out that it's completely unnecessary and that person would be correct. A lot of people will simply quit because the journey's kinda shit.
    I wouldn't expect the road to rifts to be interesting enough to a person who doesn't like ARPG's, and the OP is self-admittedly such a person. I found the campaign to be fun, and it can be completed rather quickly. It's more of a tutorial now than anything else.
    Forgrimm said:
    Gorwe said:
    If a road to Rifts isn't interesting enough, why should anyone care how the Rifts are? This is similar to Dark Souls 2 fiasco. Mediocre base game with a very nice expansion. But you first have to trudge through Blight Town to get to Artorias(excuse the DkS 1 language). And not everyone wants to trudge through shit. In fact, one could point out that it's completely unnecessary and that person would be correct. A lot of people will simply quit because the journey's kinda shit.
    I wouldn't expect the road to rifts to be interesting enough to a person who doesn't like ARPG's, and the OP is self-admittedly such a person. I found the campaign to be fun, and it can be completed rather quickly. It's more of a tutorial now than anything else.

A good point Forgrimm,

I do admit, it's not my type of game. I learned a good lesion.  

If I did like this style, I would be more tolerant of easy play as long as I understand harder is to eventually come.

HOWEVER, THIS IS UN-NESSARY If you would like to grab an audience, more importantly an unsuspecting one..... After all who would know you had to do major research ?
    Gdemami
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2017
    It is too easy. It's too fast as well because of it. You can literally one button your way through most of the campaign and never worry about where you are standing or anything.

They really messed things up by making it a kind of rogue-lite endgame, focusing on that.. and ignoring the part of the game that makes people want to get to the endgame. Diablo isn't even Diablo anymore... now it's a game where you gear up to do time trials.

Blizzard can pull out some amazing campaign content, such as all of Starcraft 2... and then totally fall flat in other games.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • xcvx73xcvx73 Member UncommonPosts: 33
         The real Diablo 3 game start at lvl 70 , by doing adventure mode ( bounties, nephalem rifts and greater rifts)  Campaign is more like a tutorial.
          There are so many things that can be done in this game! Try to make a build that beat a GR 50 for the start...
    Here it is a good site with some nice guides and builds: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

xcvx73 said:
         The real Diablo 3 game start at lvl 70 , by doing adventure mode ( bounties, nephalem rifts and greater rifts)  Campaign is more like a tutorial.
          There are so many things that can be done in this game! Try to make a build that beat a GR 50 for the start...
    Here it is a good site with some nice guides and builds: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Well, by this and others, I may continue on and maybe power level to 70 ( it sucks and no real good reason anyone should have to )..... It may turn fun ! 

It's kind of like this: 

All the Nascar fans show up for the big race with beer in hand.  What they don't know is the first 40 laps will be slow and the last lap will be the race..... what happens ?..... Everyone has gone home for the last lap.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    xcvx73 said:

Well, by this and others, I may continue on and maybe power level to 70 ( it sucks and no real good reason anyone should have to )..... It may turn fun ! 

It's kind of like this: 

All the Nascar fans show up for the big race with beer in hand.  What they don't know is the first 40 laps will be slow and the last lap will be the race..... what happens ?..... Everyone has gone home for the last lap.
    I get your analogy but the road to 70 is really just the first lap of the race, the other 40 is where it gets interesting.

But I do agree, the campaign is insultingly easy and NOT representative of the rest of the game when you start hitting higher torment levels and GRifts.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer