Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studio Wildcard Announces Aberration Expansion for October - ARK: Survival Evolved - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStudio Wildcard Announces Aberration Expansion for October - ARK: Survival Evolved - MMORPG.com

ARK: Survival Evolved News - Studio Wildcard is fresh off this week's launch of ARK: Survival Evolved but it's not resting on its laurels. Earlier today, the team introduced the game's next expansion called "Aberration" that is set to be released in October.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

vito11

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Check this Aberration to.

NordicApacheTsiya

l2p

• tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited September 2017
    Wouldn't touch anything by these rip off artists till they figure out how to optimize thier crap....
    ScellowSinfulChrisJeroKaneKylerangearchin13vito11
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Neat. I will give it a try. I dig the dark underground motif!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2017
    If this game is your thing, dont let others deter you from it. As for myself, I still get the taste of them releasing a paid expansion during EA out of my mouth, but that's just me.
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    edited September 2017
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here. The game just released this week and costs $60, plus $20 for the expansion, and now $20 for another expansion? So $100 including the expansion coming next month. Damn - would love to play, but can't do that. Way too many other great games out there for that money... Edit - English is hardz
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    GrandpaDJ said:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here. The game just released this week and costs $60, plus $20 for the expansion, and now $20 for another expansion? So $100 including the expansion coming next month. Damn - would love to play, but can't do that. Way too many other great games out there for that money... Edit - English is hardz
    Yeah, they "had" to increase the price of the base game for "retail" purposes.
  • rage89rage89 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    tbh though these *expansions* you really only are paying for the map, if your not playing official as soon as the dev kit updates most map makers throw up the resources/engrams to be used on their map and by no means are you blocked from any of the content in single player besides the map. personally scorched earth wasnt my kinda thing with the brown everywhere, i rather like the look of this map and will definitely give them $20 for it. (Keep in mind i got my copy of ark through humble monthly last year so i never had to pay full price. nore did anyone who bought it during early access).
  • rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Pretty much a day 1 expansion. Digging for more money. They already have enough of mine.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Pretty much raise the cost of the base game then add more DLC to milk people even more.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited September 2017
    they released when again?
    last week?

and they already have their 2nd DLC / addon?
    yep, best way to get funding...

to release a game for about 100€
    [Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Scam: Survive Evolved.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Thane said:
    they released when again?
    last week?

and they already have their 2nd DLC / addon?
    yep, best way to get funding...

to release a game for about 100€
    There's no shortage of stupid gamers so it sounds like a win-win for them.
    Azaron_Nightblade

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Oh so this is why they released the game. To avoid the publicity fail of another paid expansion during early access. This was quick lol
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Ark has a lot of issues, both within the game itself (optimization etc.) as well as the pricing etc., but it's also quite a lot of fun when you like games like this and you are playing with right people.

If you don't want to spent €100 or so, wait for a sale, buy the base game, and use mods where necessary. As rage89 already said, you can get practically everything except the map itself this way. "The Center" and "Ragnarok" are free DLC maps, making it free maps with the base game, and there are community made ones (like the The Center or Ragnarok where), so unless you *really* want those paid DLC maps, you don't have to buy them.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    edited September 2017
    I would hold on if you are going to buy the DLC.  It looks like you will soon be able to buy $45 season pass.  

video mentions it at the 2 minute mark.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I can't wait they fix the optimization, the memory leaks and major bugs before release...
    Oh never mind they released without doing any of that... But they have a new DLC?
    How about the DX12 support that is on top of their list for the last 2 years.... LOL they just deleted it from their list and problem solved.
    STOP SUPPORTING THESE THIEVES. Not buying any of their products.