Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's vendor vs Auction House , will you still open your own vendor eventhough there is AH ?

2»

Comments

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I also really liked the way daoc did it. I usually went to get the items directly if they were high priced to save that fee.

Also, I believe EQs bazaar now has an instant delivery service, for a fee, from a recent expansion. 

I like their barter system too where you can put up items for trade or the money up front for an item and someone can make the deal while you're away.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I have played games where they have had both and played where they only had AH. I prefer BOTH if they allow more variety on the vendors and yet show WHERE the vendors are on the AH. I think that vendors encourage travel and exploration and are geared to that type of players. AH's are more for the "quick access" player.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    SWG did a good job.  You had auction terminals and crafters could open shops.  It was usually no problem with going to a crafters shop to buy more of their goods after buying a few off the auction terminals.  GW2 also did a good job with being able to sell drops right out of a auction house window or to sell and buy with a portable vendor.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I personally hate player set up shops in most games.  Mostly because you end up spending an entire day just try to find something you need in the one of hundreds of little shops that are taking up half the screen in most games.  The only attraction of player shops is that you can set prices without others to really compare to unless the buyer really knows the market and is willing to spend the time looking through all the shops.  Server wide auction houses offer the ability to buy from anyone without having to spend the time.  The downside is when they put ridiculous taxes on AH.  A game that didn't tax more than 1 to 5 percent of the sell in my opinion beats player shop 1000 time over.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    iixviiiix said:
    Player's vendor , old MMORPG player , free tax and AFK all day long
    AH , the modern fast and quick , there is no need to meet with other , have tax and you don't need to login to sell stuff .

So the question is if a game have 2 system at same time , will you still open vendor to sell stuff ?

I don't play games to run a store.