Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Zero Slated for December 15th + Pre-Alpha Tutorial - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha Zero Slated for December 15th + Pre-Alpha Tutorial - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team will be on hand during this weekend's PAX West. As part of their continuing teasers for the event, a new video called "pre-alpha tutorial" has been released with the big news that "Alpha Zero" will be prepped and ready to go on December 15, 2017.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    And for $200, you can heal other players.

Haha. Okay okay! I'm done!
    BruceYeeGreyhavenMrMelGibson
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    scam !!!!!!!!
    DarkyntSamhaelpantarokinkyJalepenoGaladourn

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Looking really good! I like the added focus mechanics, also really like that they kept the trinity and classic combat skills, although, waiting to see something more unique for the higher levels.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    That tank reminds me a lot of the ESO DK.

Anyway, nice to see one KS MMO that seems to be on track.
    ConstantineMerusKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    So their combat system is every like mmo's fishing mini game? People complained alot about Wildstars telegraphs... cant wait to hear what they say about this system lol.
    Shaigh
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    So the people that bought high tier packages to get into the Alpha first just got screwed over? Interesting way to handle things if that is actually true. I'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off people, and plenty of chargebacks since those seem so popular nowadays.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    so what is pre-alpha? is that where we watch a game designer do sketches of his ideas?
    BruceYee

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

time007 said:

so what is pre-alpha? is that where we watch a game designer do sketches of his ideas?

Skip ahead till further in the video.

So the people that bought high tier packages to get into the Alpha first just got screwed over? Interesting way to handle things if that is actually true. I'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off people, and plenty of chargebacks since those seem so popular nowadays.

Depends. Quite sure the people winning the weekly keys arent going to get in first. What they might mean is they will probably invite friends/family of the crew and then give out some keys to some of the supporters.
    It will probably be an extremely limited alpha, both in sense of timeduration, features and amount of people.
    And even if some people who didnt buy in high manage to get their hands on one of those keys... well.. lets just hope it will convince them to buy into it later then right? ;D
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    If you're going to do a piece on a new video, can you please have the decency to link it?
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Why is she holding the staff like a baseball bat...? What the actual fuck?
  • Possum6381Possum6381 Member CommonPosts: 8

This is not a new revelation. Those of us active in the Ashes of Creation community have known for quite some time that the weekly key raffle winners are getting access to the first "friends and family" (or "Alpha 0"). It's also been stated by Intrepid that this alpha will be more limited than the "Alpha 1" & "Alpha 2" to which the backers have purchased access.

So I doubt there will be "a lot of pissed off people, and plenty of chargebacks". Anyone who gets pissed off hasn't been paying attention at all.
  • GnoggGnogg Member CommonPosts: 4
    Why does every AoC video give more air time to the company founder and employees than to the gameplay itself? This "gameplay" video shows, at most, that they have a somewhat working battle arena game.
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Wow....the character models look terrible, the combat system seems to be someones love child that has more of their personal cool factor than anything that will be engaging or fun. The world looks nice..but hey it's the unreal engine...I don't see this going much past a niche cash shop game.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    People should watch a video fully before making a comment.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Possum6381Possum6381 Member CommonPosts: 8

Gnogg said:

Why does every AoC video give more air time to the company founder and employees than to the gameplay itself? This "gameplay" video shows, at most, that they have a somewhat working battle arena game.

Considering the relatively short length of time Ashes of Creation has been in development, they have quite a bit and working on more. What you're seeing here is only a pre-alpha demo put together for PAX West. It is SO far from being a finished product.

So many people have gotten in the habit of making judgements on games based on very early alpha development. It's way too early for that. It's kind of like condemning an 8 year old as lazy because he can't yet drive a car and get a job.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Why don't they have eyelids!?
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Their combat system is an abomination, potentially as bad as the card system that shroud of the avatar uses for combat. Forcing players to look at the UI for every swing like a fishing mini game will make people forget what happens in the actual combat.

Its hard to comment on the other things because at this stage most games show generic things.
    VrikaAzaron_Nightblade
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Watch it get delayed. ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Shaigh said:
    Their combat system is an abomination, potentially as bad as the card system that shroud of the avatar uses for combat. Forcing players to look at the UI for every swing like a fishing mini game will make people forget what happens in the actual combat.

Its hard to comment on the other things because at this stage most games show generic things.
    Yeah... I'm not a fan of that either tbh. I already detest and avoid it during the mini games on BDO, so I can't even begin to imagine putting up with it full time on a game's main activity (combat). Annoying, since the game's concept sounded good.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Shaigh said:

This is just pre-alpha, and they might be able to add some UI functionality like your character or the screen's edges changing color to indicate when to hit that button.

But I think it's a still a stupid system. There's a reason why quicktime events aren't very popular. I don't see a quicktime event MMO being popular either.
    Azaron_Nightblade

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I worry about development showcase videos that begin with a monologue that includes the phrase: [i]"We have the most experienced game developers the industry has ever seen."[/i]

That level of confidence and enthusiasm is frightening suspicious, and i also feel the need to call bullS@#! on that, because no one can just say that without dismissing the talent, skill and experience that all other game developers happen to have across the globe.

I like these people over at Intrepid, but for goodness sake, please dial back the unsubstantiated pedigree and hype will you? Just focus on making your product and stop trying to sell your game mid-develop, because it's a tad needy and boarding on gross advertisement.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited September 2017
    Neoyoshi said:
    I worry about development showcase videos that begin with a monologue that includes the phrase: [i]"We have the most experienced game developers the industry has ever seen."[/i]
    For clarity (though not necessarily contradicting your overall point), the actual quote: 'Ashes of Creation...is being created by some of the most experienced MMO developers that the gaming industry has ever seen.' [emphasis added].