Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resistance Free Update Coming this Fall - The Division - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageResistance Free Update Coming this Fall - The Division - MMORPG.com

The Division News - The Division will be growing later this fall with the release of Update 1.8: Resistance. The content expansion is free to all players on all platforms and includes the Resistance PvE mode and Skirmish PvP mode, both new to the game. In addition, the West Side Pier map will spread over two zones and Camp Clinton social space will open up where players can meet up to take on adventures together.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

ghettocelebSignex

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    This game is actually still pretty fun. I stopped playing it almost immediately upon launch just due to how into Destiny I was and this was almost a replica of that game in a Tom Clancy world, but I started playing it again last week and got pretty into it and still am. It's a really decent game, and the DLC has been pretty fun to play. I'm glad they are still supporting it.
    SBFordvito11infomatzViterzgir
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    More content is still better than no content, even if the game still has a number of issues. Fairly decent.
    Signexvito11

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2017
    I've played both this and Ghost Recon: Wildlands and, honestly? I like The Division better. :D I'm glad to see that they're still working on it and adding to the game.
    gervaise1vito11JeroKaneJoseph_KerrPhry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    I've played both this and Ghost Recon: Wildlands and, honestly? I like The Division better. :D I'm glad to see that they're still working on it and adding to the game.
    Wildlands felt super bland and seemed like they didn't know if they wanted to make it have a serious story or a slight comedy story. It was alright, just not nearly as good as it could have been.
    SBFordSignexPhry
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    division needs WAY less bullet sponges

such a tired lazy mechanic
    TalonsinRoinJoseph_Kerr

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    good to see some more and its free which is cool, great game but I would like to see more co op pve story in a substantial amount and not to be forgotten in a mound of pvp trash like GTA
    SBFord[Deleted User]vito11

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yet another game that most agree released as an underachieved game.Yes it is a good game,i like it,but they released it with not even remotely enough content.
    This is another in the line of shotty business practices,release 1/4 of a game,if they like it and give us money we will give them another 25 -50% of the game and give ourselves good press by announcing it as free.

YES it is the right thing to do but let's not give them props for doing what they SHOULD be doing and that is updating a game that was never really finished.

This site is pretty lame as well,we NEVER get comments to anything other than a thread that looks like an advertisement even though claims of no sponsored but never a claim of zero affiliation.Where is the passionate gamer comments,why does this site just post copy paste advertising?

Is this why Craig created this site to post unpaid for advertising,i 100% doubt it.
    So put some effort into your threads,comment on them as if a true passionate gamer,SOUND like a gamer and not a business,FOR ONCE !.

I already said my piece,solid game,it was merely NOT ENOUGH.
    zigalucardvolttRoinSpellshaperwinghaven1

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Biggest issue with this game every time I come back to it is cheaters in the dark zone. Always someone teleporting around, 1 shotting people, talking shit about you, and teleporting away. Fun game, just tired of cheaters being around since day 1.
    Alomar
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Wizardry said:

Yet another game that most agree released as an underachieved game.Yes it is a good game,i like it,but they released it with not even remotely enough content.

This is another in the line of shotty business practices,release 1/4 of a game,if they like it and give us money we will give them another 25 -50% of the game and give ourselves good press by announcing it as free.

YES it is the right thing to do but let's not give them props for doing what they SHOULD be doing and that is updating a game that was never really finished.

This site is pretty lame as well,we NEVER get comments to anything other than a thread that looks like an advertisement even though claims of no sponsored but never a claim of zero affiliation.Where is the passionate gamer comments,why does this site just post copy paste advertising?

Is this why Craig created this site to post unpaid for advertising,i 100% doubt it.

So put some effort into your threads,comment on them as if a true passionate gamer,SOUND like a gamer and not a business,FOR ONCE !.

I wish we got paid for posting 99% of our content but we don't (and I would require it to be flagged as such). This is Suzie's opinion of things and she is as upstanding as people get in this world. Take it, leave it, but I can assure you there is nothing else behind the scenes. We have never had ad dollars from The Division and I doubt we ever will.
    SBFordzigalucardBillMurphyAegirisvito11infomatzPhry

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Wizardry said:

The only thing that is "lame" is your constant conspiracy theories and random capitalized words.  I swear I know what your post says without even having to read it.  
    infomatzzigalucardPanther2103
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I liked the free roaming and vehicles of Wildlands better, and the combat. But I loved Divisions RPG feel and the story. Still need to finish both!
    SBFordKimo

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Torval said:

It would be cool to have all the shooters charted by bullet lethality. Games like R6 Siege, Wildlands, etc on one end and then Borderlands, Division, etc on the other.

If this game was pve focused I'd pick it up. I like this kind of game, but pvp is not my thing.

I would avoid this game then, They balance for pvp with no thought of what it does to pve. 1.6 was proof of that.
    gir243 said:
    Wizardry said:

The only thing that is "lame" is your constant conspiracy theories and random capitalized words.  I swear I know what your post says without even having to read it.  
    It's okay to have an opinion on a forum. Although I do see the repetition of posts regarding evil companies, DLC being made by corporations to milk things, and the constant "this site gets paid to post this". That's okay though, we are all entitled to speak our opinions on this forum. Unless it gets into politics, but that's something I'm okay being without.
  • EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 52

division needs WAY less bullet sponges

such a tired lazy mechanic

I used to feel the same way. I came back recently because of the Global Event, which was honestly pretty awesome, and put together a pretty decent DPS focused build and began seeing my TTK drop dramatically. It took a lot of weapon synergy, talents, gear respeccing, but in all honesty, besides the Heavy units taking a few clips, most bad guys even on Heroic incursions drop pretty rapidly if my aim is on.

I can't really see how else they could do PvE effectively, and make it a challenge. In a pure X's and O's sense, enemy mobs are a combination of DPS and Hit Points. 2 variables, and 1 more, in the number of mobs supplied in any engagement. So you can tweak how dangerous mobs are, how resilient, or how many are coming at you. The first two scale linearly, while the third is multiplicative and already a part of encounter design. I think if the mobs were squishier, they'd have to do more damage, and in groups can be pretty lethal already. Then it just becomes a 1-shot shooting gallery, and there isn't enough time for placement or abilities to come into play. A more lethal, more killable enemy would put the emphasis on player twitch skill, where unlike many other games, the focus of the dev team is heavily placed not only on player skill, but also loot and build mechanics, and theorycrafting, which would become far less interesting for the Division specifically.

It's a delicate balance, and everyone has their opinions on it. I feel the biggest problem is the disconnect between what makes a fun game and what is depicted on the screen, i.e. "bulletproof hoodies" and the like. If it were Halo or Destiny, and the bad guys were space aliens in armor suits, it wouldn't be so hard to believe.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    They need to expand the Story campaign. I know they probably don't do it because the campaign doesn't require online membership on consoles if played solo, but more grindy content wont make the game any more fun to play. At least for me personally a story expansion would be awesome.

Still, i'm glad they are still adding content to the game. It gave me a lot more enjoyment for my money than its First Person counterpart, Destiny.

• MetroboMetrobo Member UncommonPosts: 31
    From what i played when they had the F2P thing going on, on the ps4, i really liked it. I am planning to get it for that eventually but i wonder if the population will still be there to make the dark zone fun.
    I don't think i will enjoy that other mode they added after the base game.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Wizardry said:

Never go full retard.

Good article though.