Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Conan Exiles have paid DLC in early access?

2»

Comments

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Torval said:

No, there is DLC and it costs. It's $30 for the base and $30 for the DLC, at least on the Steam page.
    If you could actually read, you would know, that DLC is only upgrade to Barbarian Edition. Barbarian Edition includes books, comics, T-Shirt etc. There is no DLC with content for Conan Exiles (yet).
    I bet there will be DLCs later (probably after release), but its not true today. 
    [Deleted User]

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited August 2017
    Torval said:
    Right now, there are NO paid DLC's for this game. I believe there will be once the game leaves EA and goes into official Launch.

During EA there are 2 types of server wipes (official servers only, private servers would need to wipe via their admins).
    1st type is everything wiped EXCEPT player levels (items, buildings, thralls would be removed).
    2nd type is full wipe meaning just what it says, total server wipe of everything.

This then leaves and paves the way for any issue's to be easier to see (however with the big update they tended to re-introduce nigh on every single bug, exploit and game issue) have not been in since the 2.3GB patch earlier this week, so don't know what was fixed and what was broken.

Game is good (cough was good) but it does have issue's (like any game in EA mode).
    No, there is DLC and it costs. It's $30 for the base and $30 for the DLC, at least on the Steam page.
    I see what the confusion is (and it's Steam's fault)

So "no" there is no paid extra content as far as the game is concerned. For example I have the first iteration of the game AND received the upgrade, dlc, whatever for no additional cost.

The steam page seems to have two products:

Conan Exiles
    Conan Exiles Barbarian edtion

Both are the original game. The Barbarian edition includes comics, soundtracks, shirt etc.

Then they list the upgrade to Barbarian edtion as 30 dollars.

Then they have a separate list of "dlc". But if you read what that dlc is it's the "Barbarian edition upgrade.

It makes it look like it's completely separate addition to the game "proper" but it's not.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Sovrath said:
    Torval said:
    Right now, there are NO paid DLC's for this game. I believe there will be once the game leaves EA and goes into official Launch.

During EA there are 2 types of server wipes (official servers only, private servers would need to wipe via their admins).
    1st type is everything wiped EXCEPT player levels (items, buildings, thralls would be removed).
    2nd type is full wipe meaning just what it says, total server wipe of everything.

This then leaves and paves the way for any issue's to be easier to see (however with the big update they tended to re-introduce nigh on every single bug, exploit and game issue) have not been in since the 2.3GB patch earlier this week, so don't know what was fixed and what was broken.

Game is good (cough was good) but it does have issue's (like any game in EA mode).
    I see what the confusion is (and it's Steam's fault)

So "no" there is no paid extra content as far as the game is concerned. For example I have the first iteration of the game AND received the upgrade, dlc, whatever for no additional cost.

The steam page seems to have two products:

Conan Exiles
    Conan Exiles Barbarian edtion

Both are the original game. The Barbarian edition includes comics, soundtracks, shirt etc.

Then they list the upgrade to Barbarian edtion as 30 dollars.

Then they have a separate list of "dlc". But if you read what that dlc is it's the "Barbarian edition upgrade.

It makes it look like it's completely separate addition to the game "proper" but it's not.
    Like i said ... tryed to keep it simple ............................NO
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Ok, before anyone get's the wrong idea here. You can purchase the CORE game which offers 1 portion of the map. While it's a huge area, the new EXPANSION which includes the lands to the north with a new snowy biome is not included. Unless you're ok with calling $40 for both as an ok price. Despite all that, I'm not sure I understand the problem with paid DLC in the form of expansions as wrong for a game in EA. I mean, it could just as easily been delivered as DLC AFTER the game launched, so what difference does it make.
    This completly False the North Expansion was a free update to the core game .....
  • SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    There is no DLC, there is only upgrade offer for deluxe edition. Because Steam is trash, there is no other way than label it as DLC. So before spreading false information, read the steam page. I dont care what excuses you have for your misinformation, but its just not true.

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Rhoklaw said:
    Asheram said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Ok, before anyone get's the wrong idea here. You can purchase the CORE game which offers 1 portion of the map. While it's a huge area, the new EXPANSION which includes the lands to the north with a new snowy biome is not included. Unless you're ok with calling $40 for both as an ok price. Despite all that, I'm not sure I understand the problem with paid DLC in the form of expansions as wrong for a game in EA. I mean, it could just as easily been delivered as DLC AFTER the game launched, so what difference does it make.
    Would that difference be that they didnt offer a released from EA product then sought funding for a paid expansion? Is the game released or not? Or is it ok to cloud the EA waters even more.

Where does it state in any Early Access game that they can't produce expansions for the game while it's still in development? No where. If you don't want the expansion, than don't buy it.
    Again, as i said on the first page of this thread, you are wrong about the paid DLC. You should really look at the steam page before you go off spouting this nonsense. The 30$ barbarian edition/upgrade gives you out of game items... comics, soundtrack an AOC mount etc...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Rhoklaw said:
    The difference is they PROMISE to deliver a full game but tell early access spenders to TRUST them,that they will eventually deliver the full game.

Honestly this should be a no brainer ,everyone should understand this is double dipping and deceiving and ripping off customers.

This would be like taking a gamer's money for 1 map and no content,then selling him 5% of the game DLC by DLC,so another 20 DLC sales and you finally get the proper full game.So by the end of it all,you would have paid 20x for one game,a complete con job and yet i am seeing that people are still dumb to the scams of big business.

I used this simple math for a reason.I mentioned 1 map,before you scoff imagine a game like Ton Clancy ,originally released with what 2 maps and Overwatch was taking your money with 1 map.I then used the number 20 because 20 maps would be considered a decent normal value of map content in a full game.So then imagine they start selling you the other 19 maps 1 by one,yep you go it,you have been duped big time.
    RexKushman

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am not commenting on weather any information here is true or not,i am simply commenting on the premise and facts about DLC's.
    Even still you have to use common sense,MOST gamer's unless really new should have somewhat an understanding of what a full game should contain and if a game looks completely unfinished.

Outside a game items is fine,if it stays outside the game,i am ok with that.What really bothers me though and i base this off the past is that if Funcom DID turnaround and release a DLC,these same people defending definitions and factual comments about content would still defend as a fanbois tooth n nail and NEVER admit bad business practices.

Personally the mere use of the term Early access is bullshit,100% bull and i see a lot of devs doing it now.Taking money for unfinished work is just garbage.if they want $5 for EA that is different but msopt devs are asking full game prices ,so yeah bullshit.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2017
    So yeah the paid dlc is physical items not the frozen north expansion which is free, its them expanding their world.
    RexKushman
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Wizardry said:

What really bothers me though and i base this off the past is that if Funcom DID turnaround and release a DLC,these same people defending definitions and factual comments about content would still defend as a fanbois tooth n nail and NEVER admit bad business practices.

And again, you're wrong. While i have defended Funcom in this thread a few times I've spoken out openly about Arks paid dlc while still in early access. Selling DLC for a game that is still unreleased is shady f@cking business.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    saying early access games are unreleased is nonsense, they're released games, also even if it wasn't playable in any form, the most popular franchises do it with season passes and whatnot, it's not shady business it's the norm, they'd not perform these practices with so many games if they didn't work
    Regardless whether it has become the norm, the practice is still shady.
    MightyUnclean

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon