Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Optional Settings Allow You to Run Game with a Doorstop PC - Sea of Thieves News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageOptional Settings Allow You to Run Game with a Doorstop PC - Sea of Thieves News

You know that doorstop PC you've got collecting dust in the garage? The one that you outgrew five years ago? Well it's time to go fetch that old geezer from the grave and rethink its usefulness. According to Rare, a 540p 15 fps framrate lock has been added so that

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Is that so it will run better on console's?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm sure this is just to get all those people with a 6 year old laptop and a Wii or a PS3 or a 360 the opportunity to play the game. Once they are actually playing, and see how far gaming has come, they may just cough up the cash for a new console or a new PC!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Having played in the Alpha i can say,, there is no reason this game shouldn't be playable on a broken toaster. The graphics are fairly dated already and it isnt anywhere near launch yet.

But hey, the waves look pretty nice

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Its so that they can market the game in Eastern Block countries. A 6 year old doorstop computer is better thsn 99% of the folks over there have. More potential players = possibly more money and a longer lasting game. Hopefully thats specific servers only.
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135

toolak said:

Its so that they can market the game in Eastern Block countries. A 6 year old doorstop computer is better thsn 99% of the folks over there have. More potential players = possibly more money and a longer lasting game. Hopefully thats specific servers only.

I heard the opposite, and that even the internet is a luxury over there ;p

http://blog.rottenwifi.com/top-20-countries-fastest-public-wifi-2016-infographic/