Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My.com to Sunset the Game on September 29th - Cloud Pirates - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMy.com to Sunset the Game on September 29th - Cloud Pirates - MMORPG.com

Cloud Pirates News - My.com has announced that it will be sunsetting Cloud Pirates on September 29th. There is no definitive word on why the game is closing, but it is safe to assume that it simply did not catch on as the company had hoped.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    well that was fast. played a few games when it was in beta or whatever they called it it was fun but yeah didnt really hook me
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Too bad, the game looks pretty. I could see getting a ship and just cruising around watching the view.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I have a feeling Revelations might be next
  • AymanGauharAymanGauhar Member CommonPosts: 1
    CLOUD PIRATES is the best PvP co-op games. I'm will always play it till last second. If you interested to play and wanna join a brotherhood, just left me a message (Ayman) in game chat saying "CloudPirates MMORPG"
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Stupid skyships idea has completely ruined original Allods setting and gameplay and continue killing more games today.

Meanwhile Sandbox Interactive reproduced original Allods gameplay and graphics in their Albion Online (sans questing) and semi-successfully capitalized on the idea.

Thank you for your time!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    3dom said:
    Stupid skyships idea has completely ruined original Allods setting and gameplay and continue killing more games today.

Meanwhile Sandbox Interactive reproduced original Allods gameplay and graphics in their Albion Online (sans questing) and semi-successfully capitalized on the idea.
    Are you talking about Rage of Mages? Because Allods wasn't ever like Albion is. Allods online was a WoW clone that worked pretty well until P2W took over a month after beta. 

Sky ships were a cool idea, I think it could work if they would release a fully fleshed out game that wasn't pay to win and had it in it.
  • GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Launched in Mid Apr 2017, and closing in Sep. Thats fast!
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    My.com is a place where games go to die.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • iicecubeiicecube Member UncommonPosts: 53
    First ranking publisher  of all years - Aeria game (Run if you see it)
    Second ranking publisher of now - My.com (Hide yourself)

As of now, both publishers have a very high rating on shutting down their products. 
    Even perfect world salute them on clearing their waste so fast.