Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why wow will continue to rule all others!

124»

Comments

• WarblazeWarblaze Member UncommonPosts: 178

"I just told you what age has to do with it, people dont want to see the same thing for years, people do like change, a expansion pack isnt going to really give change the graphics will still be the same, the pvp will still be the same, it will just have a few more quests and a new island or 2"

It seems to me you haven't done your homework then. Blizzard already anounced they will be introducing a graphical update with  Wrath of the Lich King. As for pvp, there will be some completely new additions like siege weapons and destroyable buildings. Also, you might want to take a look at this:

www.youtube.com/watch

"Are you serious? thats what happened with almost all of DAOC, i cant speak for EQ because i dont know, but i an almost guarantee that is what happened with EQ's number loss.  In one situation  one of my freinds brother started to play wow, so my friend followed because hes always played what his brothers played, and a few months later that friend told another few of my friends to come and play so they did."

So when -after investing months and months of time on a game to max out your chars, and with new expansions on the horizon - a friend asks you; "hey dude, i'm leaving this game for Ultima legend of the uberquest", you just pick up your bags and move along? Nah, joining a game is one thing... leaving it is something totally different.  When people are joining some other game, they must leave their current one and the question at hand here is; are people willing to leave wow (not eq2, DAOC or lotro) for another game when there's a great new expansion on its way.

As for the rest of your response... i'm not even going in to that. Claiming that every game in that list sucks or is overplayed is just plain silly.

Just to let you guys know...unless someone writes something original that is actually worth responding on, i wont be posting in this thread anymore. I'm tired of having to repeat myself time after time again. I have written down and explained my thoughts on this subject and that's where i'm going to leave it.  Cheers 

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

you obviously didnt play MMO's before WOW came out, ask any veteran MMO player and they will tell you that the crop of MMO's today suck, there isnt any new MMO to play thats worth playing.

also a new graphic update isnt going to change the old landscape, it will still feel like the same game, just a little different look.  I know this from experience, DAOC did the same thing, total graphic overhaul, but it still felt like the same game.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Warblaze
    Just to let you guys know...unless someone writes something original that is actually worth responding on, i wont be posting in this thread anymore. I'm tired of having to repeat myself time after time again. I have written down and explained my thoughts on this subject and that's where i'm going to leave it. Cheers

You wouldn't have to repeat yourself if you found a valid argument past your own nose and could actually argue points made instead of just reposting the same stuff...

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• XavierxxXavierxx Member Posts: 251

here ill make it simple u guys

WAR and other mmos will come out in the next year or so

maybe alot or a little amount of subscribers will leave games such as WoW to those games wether u think they are different, fresh, or w/e

pesonal side comment: i already left wow and im just playing some random mmos till Tabula Rasa comes out

lol that friend will follow thing is almost true cuase my friend did quit paying for WoW also

• CoirCoir Member Posts: 97

Originally posted by SonofSeth

People who don't play WoW will actualy be the people flocking to AoC and WAR, not the peope playing it.

I know of three guilds totalling over 250 members who will all be leaving WoW as soon as it's released.

The comment regarding tacked on PvP is exactly why. No one knows how things are going to pan out and to try and make a call on that is kind of silly.

As far as #1 goes. If you mean in sales and world wide subs then yeah sure. Anyone got a breakdown on the number of accounts held in each region?

WoW doesn't really do anything new over EQ. It's mainly intermittent reward. Hell even people who like WoW think it's a grind.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

some people dont take change well, myself i adapt to change very quickly

im looking forward to wotlk i dont care wat anyone else says :P

• CoirCoir Member Posts: 97

"Are you serious? thats what happened with almost all of DAOC, i cant speak for EQ because i dont know, but i an almost guarantee that is what happened with EQ's number loss.  In one situation  one of my freinds brother started to play wow, so my friend followed because hes always played what his brothers played, and a few months later that friend told another few of my friends to come and play so they did."
    So when -after investing months and months of time on a game to max out your chars, and with new expansions on the horizon - a friend asks you; "hey dude, i'm leaving this game for Ultima legend of the uberquest", you just pick up your bags and move along? Nah, joining a game is one thing... leaving it is something totally different.  When people are joining some other game, they must leave their current one and the question at hand here is; are people willing to leave wow (not eq2, DAOC or lotro) for another game when there's a great new expansion on its way

Yes those that I know play MMO's to spend some time together with mates since we're all pretty busy these days. It's the reason guilds move to new games and not individuals. Leaving a game is simply that. It's not a big deal to those who life in perspective. I play for fun and social elements. WoW isn't so much fun any more. Hasn't been for a long time. It's why I have 12 MMO's on my desktop plus a few other games. I come back to WoW because I play with some real nice people who are all leaving for WAR. So WoW's not fun and friends leaving. Guess we're all leaving and no new hairstyles is going to change that.

Originally posted by Sunrider

Just to let you guys know...unless someone writes something original that is actually worth responding on, i wont be posting in this thread anymore. I'm tired of having to repeat myself time after time again. I have written down and explained my thoughts on this subject and that's where i'm going to leave it. Cheers

You wouldn't have to repeat yourself if you found a valid argument past your own nose and could actually argue points made instead of just reposting the same stuff...

I think i made a lot of valid arguments in this thread. What i ment was, is that i'm sick and tired of replying to people who can't be arsed to actually think about what they are saying. For example, first Tiki wrote this: 

"a expansion pack isnt going to really give change the graphics will still be the same, the pvp will still be the same, it will just have a few more quests and a new island or 2"

Then, when i replied to him by saying that there will be a graphical update in wotlk, he wrote:

"also a new graphic update isnt going to change the old landscape, it will still feel like the same game, just a little different look.  I know this from experience, DAOC did the same thing, total graphic overhaul, but it still felt like the same game"

I mean, what the feck?! First he's complaining that there won't be a graphical update, then when i point out the fact that there will be one... all of the sudden this doesn't seem to be so important anymore. Do you really expect me to keep replying to this kind of bullshit?

Or this:

"you obviously didnt play MMO's before WOW came out, ask any veteran MMO player and they will tell you that the crop of MMO's today suck, there isnt any new MMO to play thats worth playing"

FFS, how many times have i told you guys this isn't the first mmo i played?  Four or five times already?!  That is what i ment when saying i'm not going to repeat myself anymore. But of course - being the hater that you are - you are twisting the message again in order to trivialize the things i'm posting regarding the original topic of this thread.

So again, if someone would post a valid and legit argument - without attacking the person behind the nickname - i would be happy to discuss it. But untill then, you won't see me posting here anymore.

edited August 2017
    dammit... freaking time machine malfunctioning again... whats this? oh... august 2007, exactly ten years ago... gheh.

Was i right or what?

Anyway, my timeline needs me! *time machine slowly disappears again* 
    [Deleted User]immodium
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    miataka said:

I think Blizzard is not dumb..

If they dont upgrade WOW it will be, because they are getting SC mmo ready. to take over the market that way, and actually that would be the smarter move really.

Cause not only will they have base code to have stuff like sweet gfx or player housing.

they will be hitting the compition with Sci Fi which will take'em by storm, and dominate the MMO industry for both Fantasy and Sci fi

Thats what I think will happen

I hope you are right.  I'd love a SC MMO even more than a Diablo MMO.
    WoW pulled in millions of non-MMORPG b.net players. No other game is going to be able to top that. I'd also like to point out that I don't think WoW has ever had the top sub numbers. Ever.
    Lol, ok.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    WoW pulled in millions of non-MMORPG b.net players. No other game is going to be able to top that. I'd also like to point out that I don't think WoW has ever had the top sub numbers. Ever.
    Lol, ok.
    The really mind-blowing part is that the comment came from 2007. I think WoW peaked at like 10-12 million a few years after that.
    MrMelGibson
    Kenorv said:

WoW is the Super Mario Brothers of MMO's. It's a simple game that's easy to play which appeals to the casual player. There's no real roleplaying necessary. You can jump in the game without knowing anything about the lore and still get to max level. You can solo from 1 to 70. Most of the quests are simple. Even in raid groups, your skill level doesn't have to be that high to contribute to raids. The battle system is that simple. A lot of games have come out and tried to copy WoW's system and none of them have been able to draw the numbers that WoW. has.

The only way I see WoW losing it's popularity  is if the player base decides that it wants more, a lot more than WoW has to offer. So far that hasn't happened. Maybe there will be a game that comes out in the future that offers something that attracts players away from WoW but as of right now it looks like that most people like the simplicity of WoW.

1 through 70? When is the last time you played WoW lol?  You can easily solo 1-110.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Warblaze said:
    dammit... freaking time machine malfunctioning again... whats this? oh... august 2007, exactly ten years ago... gheh.

Was i right or what?

Anyway, my timeline needs me! *time machine slowly disappears again* 
    That Warhammer and AoC didn't have a chance againts Wow? Yeah, certainly.

What will happen in the future is still anybodys guess though.
    omgwtfbs said:

Assuming the majority of the WoW community are not hardcore WoW fanbois, WoW will not continue to "rule all," unless Blizz steps up and makes a viable end game.  As it stands WoWs end game is almost non existant.  Raiding hours on end to get gear, just to raid and kill the same mobs is WoWs end game. No thx.  However this endgame is only played by a few WoW players.  The majority of the WoW community is the casual gamer.  This is the main reason why WoW is doing well.  If they were all hardcore gamers, they would get bored of the game very fast.  With out much (if any) of an end game, WoW will lose a lot of the their playerbase to games with better end game.  The bad pvp system also leaves WoW vulnerable to games with better PvP systems as well.

I think, if blizz implements a good PvP system, that WoW would be a much better game.  It would give the game some (imo) viable end game.

It's no secret that the "hardcore gamers" are a very small minority.  If Wow catered to them, well why don't you ask Wildstar how that worked out for them.  PVP is also not as important as PVE to the average player in WoW.  I don't understand why people always make these grand claims about PvP in mmos.  Besides maybe EVE can you name even one single mmo out today that is primarily pvp and successful?  Because I can't think of a single one.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    It's no secret that the "hardcore gamers" are a very small minority.  If Wow catered to them, well why don't you ask Wildstar how that worked out for them.  PVP is also not as important as PVE to the average player in WoW.  I don't understand why people always make these grand claims about PvP in mmos.  Besides maybe EVE can you name even one single mmo out today that is primarily pvp and successful?  Because I can't think of a single one.
    When he wrote that 10 years ago things were slightly different.

Oh, Lineage, second largest MMO after Wow (or was still 6 months ago) and the largest in the world for several years before Wow came out 99-2004).

Guildwars did pretty well too. And while much smaller DaoC still have a fanbase today and many people remember it with foundness.

All those games of course had/have good PvP, bad PvP is forgotten fast.
    Loke666 said:
    When he wrote that 10 years ago things were slightly different.

Oh, Lineage, second largest MMO after Wow (or was still 6 months ago) and the largest in the world for several years before Wow came out 99-2004).

Guildwars did pretty well too. And while much smaller DaoC still have a fanbase today and many people remember it with foundness.

All those games of course had/have good PvP, bad PvP is forgotten fast.
    I only just realized this was a necro'd thread.  I guess the 1-70 should of been an obvious indication lol.  To be fair though, this isn't the first time I've heard someone say this.