Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Conan Exiles have paid DLC in early access?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
A buddy of mine wants me to give Conan Exiles a go with a small group of friends.  Am I correct that this game has paid DLC while still in early access?  So you pay for early access plus the optional DLC?

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    No

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OK, so you pay for EA and you get the whole package?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    yes

:smiley:
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It's a pretty decent game. Have fun! :smiley:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I played early and stopped because it needed some work.  Planning to give it another go soon.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Ok, before anyone get's the wrong idea here. You can purchase the CORE game which offers 1 portion of the map. While it's a huge area, the new EXPANSION which includes the lands to the north with a new snowy biome is not included. Unless you're ok with calling $40 for both as an ok price. Despite all that, I'm not sure I understand the problem with paid DLC in the form of expansions as wrong for a game in EA. I mean, it could just as easily been delivered as DLC AFTER the game launched, so what difference does it make.
    Would that difference be that they didnt offer a released from EA product then sought funding for a paid expansion? Is the game released or not? Or is it ok to cloud the EA waters even more.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    If you don't want to pay then don't.

Why do people go on like they are being forced into something.
    vito11
    edited August 2017
    If you don't want to pay then don't.

Why do people go on like they are being forced into something.

Wut?  Defensive much?
    Didn't ARK get all kinds of shit for doing the same thing?
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Rhoklaw said:
    Ok, before anyone get's the wrong idea here. You can purchase the CORE game which offers 1 portion of the map. While it's a huge area, the new EXPANSION which includes the lands to the north with a new snowy biome is not included. Unless you're ok with calling $40 for both as an ok price. Despite all that, I'm not sure I understand the problem with paid DLC in the form of expansions as wrong for a game in EA. I mean, it could just as easily been delivered as DLC AFTER the game launched, so what difference does it make.
    This is actually completely wrong. The 30$ dlc  "Barbarian Edition" has no in game content. It contains a tshirt (IRL) an art book, soundtrack , some conan comics and an AOC mount. 

The Conan Exiles game is only 30$, the recent map expansion is free.
    pantaroAzaron_Nightblade

OK, $30 for an EA game I can play with my friends and that's in a decent state of development.  I can handle that.
    OK, $30 for an EA game I can play with my friends and that's in a decent state of development.  I can handle that.
    It's a decent game, my biggest complaint is the combat system. It has always just felt off to me, like its some RNG on whether or not you actually hit something when you attack.

Also it is super super grindy, join an unofficial server with increased xp and gather rates if you want to get anything done without spending 12 hrs a day playing. 

It's a decent game, my biggest complaint is the combat system. It has always just felt off to me, like its some RNG on whether or not you actually hit something when you attack.

Also it is super super grindy, join an unofficial server with increased xp and gather rates if you want to get anything done without spending 12 hrs a day playing. 

K.  I have never played any survival game before, so I don't really know what to expect.  All I know at this point is that my friend and his group play on a private server.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I think paid DLC is the only chance these have to get OUT of Early Access tbh.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    edited August 2017
    JDis25 said:
    If this was an indy developer I would be more inclined to believe you, they have shuttered mmos and a good single player rpg

edit sry dont mean shuddered a good rpg  but have resources from it than indy dont.
    JDis25 said:
    For what it's worth they announced a while ago that they plan to leave EA and have a full release some time in early 2018. 

So what do you do in this game, exactly?  Solo, and in a group?  Gather, kill to get resources, craft armor and weapons and build shelters?  I've never played a survival game before, not even Minecraft.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well there's capturing slaves and turning them into thralls who work for you and guard your stuff, or so I've read.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Well there's capturing slaves and turning them into thralls who work for you and guard your stuff, or so I've read.

• Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60
    There are also some dungeons to explore. In any survival game your main goal is efficiency. You want to gather so you can build stuff so you can gather better. The journey is where the fun is not so much the end game. Have fun with the building aspects of the game. I spent hours just building a base. It was a blast. If you already have friends than you're already ahead of the game because that's where the real fun is. Enjoy the game for what it is and you'll be happy with the investment. 

Pretty much played every MMO that's come out since WoW.../sigh
    So is the stuff you build persistant or do you have to regrind it all out over and over?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Asheram said:
    So is the stuff you build persistant or do you have to regrind it all out over and over?
    I believe the company run servers are wiped periodically and everyone restarts, or at least it was true back during launch.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Asheram said:
    It's persistent.  However,. Depending on the server ruleset, someone can wreck it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Right now, there are NO paid DLC's for this game. I believe there will be once the game leaves EA and goes into official Launch.

During EA there are 2 types of server wipes (official servers only, private servers would need to wipe via their admins).
    1st type is everything wiped EXCEPT player levels (items, buildings, thralls would be removed).
    2nd type is full wipe meaning just what it says, total server wipe of everything.

This then leaves and paves the way for any issue's to be easier to see (however with the big update they tended to re-introduce nigh on every single bug, exploit and game issue) have not been in since the 2.3GB patch earlier this week, so don't know what was fixed and what was broken.

Game is good (cough was good) but it does have issue's (like any game in EA mode).