Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Base Classes & Abilities Unveiled - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBase Classes & Abilities Unveiled - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - The Ashes of Creation site has been updated with a look at four of the game's eight base classes and a sprinkling of their abilities The classes shown today are Mage, Cleric, Ranger and Tank. Keep in mind that secondary classes will become a "thing" that leads to 64 unique combinations along with a great amount of customization.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on
Amathe

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    And for $200, we will give players the ability to chat INSIDE THE GAME.
    austinmawthighhighsKylerannobuyukiastime007kinkyJalepenoNarsilion77wingoodDragnelusHatefull
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Why would you name it Tank? That seems uninspired and half-arsed.
    ZoeMcCloskeysuperconductingAllerleirauhAsch126mazutMyrdynnForgrimmXarkoqomaSovrathand 5 others.
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I do not see anything worth getting excited about
    pantarogoobsnewsmazutAlomar
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    pretty standard stuff.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited August 2017
    Very bad, very sad, this game seems to be being created with the consoles in mind, look at how basic the skills are. PC gamers spent a lot of money on a game that was created for console players.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Looks like they are going Mobile!
    Octagon7711Xarko
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Wow, how original. I see now why this is highest on the hype meter...
    Siphaed

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Dauzqul said:
    And for $200, we will give players the ability to chat INSIDE THE GAME.
    dont make fun of this game.  its the next crowfall/chronicles of ellyria!
    SiphaedAvanah

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    The classes are rather lackluster, I'd agree. However, I'm more interested in the innovative ideas these folks have with regard to the game world itself. As long as I have a fun character to play that is somewhat familiar and that has meaningful progression, then I'm happy, and have less to "worry about" so that I can enjoy the actual world more.
    Octagon7711ZoeMcCloskeymysticmousegoobsnewskinkyJalepenoLeFantomeSiphaedThornragewingoodHatefull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 1dragonspell1dragonspell Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I Like all the familiar Classes and the familiar spells. They are a great bass after all this is still in development. I have faith in Ashes of Creation to come up with more advanced spells that No one else has. and i look forward to seeing the final product. :-) Have faith, This is Only the beginning of a great game in the making. It is not even in the Alpha Stage yet hahaahha. Patience is a virtue
    [Deleted User]SBFordGodeau
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    If it turns out to be "console-centric" then I have no interest as I've yet to see such a MMO that's worth anything at all. Only time will tell.
    VorthanionGdemamikinkyJalepeno
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    are there sub classes? JUST four classes?
    hunterco

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Tokken said:

are there sub classes? JUST four classes?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing when it said base classes. Curious if they are going to take a class evolvution approach like RO etc or if they just mean these will be the 4 starting with others coming in the future. Those ability numbers seem a bit limited as well so hopefully there's a lot of skill customization, like adding different effects to spells etc. I personally feel the execution is better than the diversity a game brings. Quality over quantity.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Theely said:

Why would you name it Tank? That seems uninspired and half-arsed.

'I've got a great idea! How bout we forget about thinking of a proper class name and just call it by its codename Tank. That way, even novice players will know right away what it does!'

You've got to be kidding me.
    Myrdynn

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    It bothers me that the healer is the only class without a perception skill line on the list.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It bothers me that the healer is the only class without a perception skill line on the list.
    How perceptive of you to notice it.  ;)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    edited August 2017
    'Tank'? What a shitty name. Not only that but wow, what an extremely weak set of classes. I don't even see a fighter type who's able to use two-handed weapons... How is it that they're trying to make a game that has been inspired by the MMOs of old like EQ, etc... Yet somehow they're offering far less class choice in comparison. I wasn't too excited by Ashes to begin with seeing as how it's a Kickstarter MMO but damn, this looks weak.
    I like to complain about games.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    If this game was as revolutionary/innovative as people claim they want the next game to be, no one would play it.
    GaladournSBFord[Deleted User]
  • DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177
    So their idea of innovative is the trinity + Legolas?
    pantaroKyleranLeFantome

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    All the bases classes? Because this doesn't make sense if they are planning to branch sub-classes off these 4. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    To be honest, after I learned about Slaughterwolf nothing else piques my interest. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    You could name the classes Jeff or Bob...who cares as long as the game is good.
    ViterzgirSBFord[Deleted User]Ridrith
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Tbh, all i care about is the abilities after they are mixed with a different class :D
    SBFord
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    All the bases classes? Because this doesn't make sense if they are planning to branch sub-classes off these 4. 
    They have 8 base classes, Tank, Fighter, Rogue, Summoner, Cleric, Bard, Mage and Ranger. Each of there classes are later paired to augment your class into something more. This would make the class you play. We have not been given that info yet but if you start out as a Tank and pick Mage as your second class, you could be a Battlemage. Tank base class and Cleric secondary class you could be a Paladin. 

These skills you see now will evolve into something more as you progress. You can earn augmentations by the race, religion, secondary class and more. To give you an idea how that works. A Mages skill "After Image" after picking Cleric as a secondary class could augment "After Image" with the Cleric skill "Stolen Blessing" so the copies of the mage when they expire could blow up and damage enemies and heal allies in range of the copies. 

This will lead to thousands of option. As you notice you have 8 skills, each doing more then one thing. Augmentation deepens that even more. Like the Clerics large heal also being used as a res. Taking us away from having 50-80 skills and a million hotkey/bars. This will make combat more fluid. Stop you from fumbling because 1/2 your screen is filled with hotbars. Letting you focus on combat. About time I say. This also opens up Ashes to port to consoles very easily. What you are seeing here is skin deep on their class system.  
    MyrdynnConstantineMerusGaladournViterzgirStrizzy12ThornrageTruvidien88cameltosis
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    edited August 2017
    Quite interesting that some of the skills have a timing system:
    Do realise its still all pre-alpha development guys :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED