Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-Op Survival Challenge 'Savage Rift' Launching This Week - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCo-Op Survival Challenge 'Savage Rift' Launching This Week - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - Players who love co-op and challenging game play will want to check out Black Desert Online after its next update to try out Savage Rift. It is a new defense mode with eight to ten players working together to defend the Sealed Tower from increasingly large waves of enemies. Each rift features 25 waves that grow more challenging over time. Players will need to be level 56 in order to participate. The last wave is, of course, a field boss.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    8-10 players....doesn't it just make it a raid or group content at that point? I'd like to think co-op is 2-4 players.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2017
    It's worded awkwardly @Albatroes -- I'll clarify. :) The PR is pretty clear, however, in that 8-10 players will be needed. I suppose it's kind of a semantic thing that it's "cooperative group play" over the typical 2-4 player type.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited August 2017
    This is how the dungeon works over in Korea, so it might be different for the Western version. 

It's a 10 man PvE instanced dungeon. It is meant for players lvl 60 + but I guess the devs are toning it down abit for the Western audience. 

The goal is to protect the tower from mobs wanting to destroy it. You can use node war items to set up a defence of the tower. 

In the instance there will be 25 waves of mobs lvl 65+ that come at you, each wave the mobs lvl gets higher and higher.

Every 5 waves a boss will appear that will drop loot (usually drops a gun that you can use). If you manage to clear all 25 waves a super boss will appear, that will drop really good armour.

If you die you, you will need to use a med kit to revive yourself, or you will be removed from the instance. 

There is a LFG for the instance in channel 1,2 and 3. The instance automatically starts when more than 5 people enter. However after the 4th wave nobody can enter the instance (so you might get stuck with less than 10 people). 

Lastly you can't get any xp from this dungeon. So you can't farm it..:(

SBFordBillMurphy
  • RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited August 2017
    You forgot to say first Suzie, nothing about this content on the official NA BDO site yet. :)
    Kyleran
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This sounds pretty great, actually. I don't have a 56, but not far off with a few. Might need to fire it up again. More PVE endgame stuff, please.
    Kumapon

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Now give PVE channel and i am back in an eye blink (yes i suck at PVP, yes i am a carebear)
    Rhyauk
  • RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited August 2017

This sounds pretty great, actually. I don't have a 56, but not far off with a few. Might need to fire it up again. More PVE endgame stuff, please.

From what I understand thus far this content allows 1 group per channel. It will be queue city for this as fresh PVE content is needed sorely. ...and not another Magoria or Valencia type PVE content.