Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Dauntless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Dauntless Videos - MMORPG.com

Dauntless is an upcoming F2P, co-op centric RPG where you hunt giant monsters! And then use their corpses as weapons and armor to help kill more monsters... It's awesome. TheHiveLeader couldn't help but jump into alpha and slay some beasts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    They already said there are no wipes starting with this alpha.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i watched this game on twitch and it looks good;)
    Narsilion77
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

khameleon said:

I missed this before putting out the vid. That said they're going to try and avoid having to wipe. Which is cool. Good on them.
    khameleon
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

khameleon said:

I missed this before putting out the vid. That said they're going to try and avoid having to wipe. Which is cool. Good on them.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna still hold off until they can guarantee it though. It looks fun but I like making progress in games like these
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So basically
    EQN: Graphics
    Meets Monster Hunter: Gameplay
    StoneRoses
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    The combat looks cool, but it is just boss fights? That would be kind of shallow for a RPG, no?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2017

The combat looks cool, but it is just boss fights? That would be kind of shallow for a RPG, no?

Isn't that what mmorpgs boil down to these days? Kill fodder till boss > repeat till done and get loot. This just gets you more to the point
    Alomar
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

It's what the Monster Hunter series is based on. Find boss, kill boss 5 billion times, craft new gear, repeat.