Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Your Most Wanted Game in 2017? - General Columns

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Bless, MU Legend, Soul Worker, Moonlight Blade and Destiny 2
  • H4lucinationH4lucination Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited August 2017
    Last release I enjoyed was allods and it was ruined by p2w, hope crowfall delivers
  • LytecLytec Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Destiny 2, Bless
    BillMurphy
  • Micro_CutsMicro_Cuts Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Guild Wars 2: PoF
    BillMurphy
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Shaigh said:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Have you heard Larian decided to voice over all the dialog in the game? They just announced that. I'm so ridiculously hyped for this game.
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]pantaro
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Guild Wars 2 : Path of Fire
    BillMurphy
  • KoxeskoKoxesko Member CommonPosts: 2
    From mmorpg's Moonlight Blade and Bless :)
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514
    Camelot unchained is something to look forward to :)
    RealizerTsiyaCopperfieldCoolit

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    South Park the Fractured But Hole and Warframe: Plains of Eidolon.
    BillMurphy
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Mensur said:
    Camelot unchained is something to look forward to :)
    Not this year.
    BillMurphyMensur

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

DMKano said:

Bless Rebuild, but they have a long way to go., so 2017 is unlikely

2018 will have western mmo announcements that i am very excited about ;)

Bless is the one I'm waiting for as well. New Western MMO announcements eh? Looking forward to what they might be! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    The original H1Z1 as advertised.
    Kyleran
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • RhyaukRhyauk Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited August 2017
    Bless and GW2 POF. Although if GW2 turns out to be another HoT type expac, to the back of the closet it goes like WoW. :)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2017
    Vampyr and .hack//G.U. Last Recode are probably the only ones I'm really interested in. Final Fantasy XII on PC as well if it makes it this year. Some of the other FF games sneaked onto Steam quickly so it's possible.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well already late in the year ,so anything at this point that is about to be announced will likely be a RUSHED product to make it in before Christmas/end of year.

Elsabolts said:

The original H1Z1 as advertised.

LMAO,you know how sad it is,i bought into that game and i know better.There is no way in hell they do anything remotely FAIR or positive for the people who supported that trash.It was and will remain to be nothing more than a VERY cheap money grab.Now with Player battlegrounds taking over,expect H1Z1 to get literally a 1-2 man team if it ever had more than that and little to nothing accomplished moving forward.

The future radar is still FFXI remake for mobile "not likely playing a mobile game ...ever and Pantheon a game i do not expect to do much exciting,i expect a pretty simple same old build.Well i almost forgot ,there is one game i can look forward too,not sure when it will arrive but that is Age of Empires 4.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Battlefront II, Destiny 2, Wofenstein new Colossus! ,Vampyr...
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    The games I'm excited about are still early in development -- Worlds Adrift and Dual Universe. I'm also hoping that one of the City of Heroes tributes will come to fruition and be close enough to be fun and nostalgic.

But unless something comes out that focuses on highly creative character creation, light-hearted fun and TEAM-oriented PvE (with good E and PvP only as a side option), what I'm hoping for is that games like WA and DU will provide the truly open worlds where I can do what I want and there are no levels, quests, pre-set loot (but much valuable material to discover), pre-written quests, --

I'd be so happy to find a game where fishing was like fishing! No pre-set fishing places, no silly "type these letters" nonsense... fish that hang out in places that look like good fishing holes, success depending on casting the right bait or lure to the right place, reeling in not a big deal (but fun to watch) unless the fish is a whopper... NOT a typing or fast-reflex game... sorry, pet peeve, got carried away...

Using procedural generation and a surprisingly little or simple artificial intelligence, it should be possible to create a vast world (or the parts where players are at) that is full new lands (or whole planets) to discover and explore, full of treasures to find, monsters to fight (in far deserts, mountains, thick woods or jungles, and deep seas), materials to craft (materials found by looking for likely places, the way gold, oil and other valuable materials have really been sought), things to hunt for food (not odd bits of loot), things to harvest, people to meet (and have simple but varied talks about reports of treasures or monsters, or where to stay or who to see), fantasy or alien beings to try to understand -- and things like that last one that would take some real brains to learn or at least master, things to do besides killing things or people, crafting that is NOT killing things for bits and pieces that have little or no relation to what you're trying to make, to fill out a recipe... sorry, there I go again!
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I know it's travesty on this site, but I am not home much anymore and most of the games I am getting excited for are mobile. I am looking forward to Lineage II revolution, Arena of Valor (aka strike/honor of kings), Black Desert Mobile, and the untitled Summoners War MMO.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited August 2017
    Close to not following any games lately (I'm probably getting older). The good about it is that some game can only nicely surprise me instead of disapoint after a long wait. The only game im curious is Sea of Thieves (but I expect it to be merely a lobby based game, so still far from exited about it).
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    I'm still catching up on 10 yrs of single player games, I'll be playing 2017 releases sometime in 2020 I think.
    I'm in the same boat. I did a calculation the other day and realized I have about 2500hr in queue. EVE ruins lives on so many levels. 

immodium said:
    If it release this year Frostpunk
    Wow! Thank you for bringing that to my attention. What a wonderful gem. Is it scheduled to be released this year?

My list would be: Absolver, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Assassin's Creed: Origins (Although I really don't like what they did lore wise, but still have to play it first then issue the verdict!), Destiny 2. 

[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    All MMO games tend to flop lately so I see nothing too exciting ahead: devs dream big but deliver half-finished early-beta-like content instead (BDO, Skyforge, Albion, latest Marvel Heroes expansion). I'll surely check Warframe: PoE and Path of Exile after visual update but somehow I doubt I'll stick around for longer than couple weeks due to lack of actually multiplayer content (i.e. free-for-all public quests in massively populated open world areas) and any achievable/graduate progression (rather than ultra-rare drops).

Thank you for your time!

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

immodium said:
    If it release this year Frostpunk
    Wow! Thank you for bringing that to my attention. What a wonderful gem. Is it scheduled to be released this year?

Hopefully. Q4 2017 is what I mainly find when I scour for information. A survival city management game developed by the folks who created This War of Mine does sound awesome.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]

• vladko92vladko92 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    The only games for which I am looking forward are Bless Rebuild Western Release and Elex, which comes in the next few couple of days... nothing else interest me. Except if Bioware doesn't work on new MMO like SWTOR. Cause they can really use a change of the engine.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    My most wanted game 2017+: Up to date subscription based PvE mmorpg with group focus and a world to explore where I can have fun with my friends.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Online: GW2:PoF, Warframe: Planes of Eidolon.

Offline: many RPGs coming this year to the PSVita <3