Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animated Short: Hearth and Home Shows a Tavern Full of Series Favorites - Hearthstone: Heroes of War

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAnimated Short: Hearth and Home Shows a Tavern Full of Series Favorites - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

The Hearthstone video from today's Gamescom presentation is a cute reminder that there's always someone lurking around a tavern ready for a spirited game of cards. Everyone's got a story too. You'll see some of your favorite characters from Warcraft sprinkled throughout. It's a fun look!

Read the full story here

Comments

• jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    gotta get kids hooked on the game somehow.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    yep its def targetted at a certain age group

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    I would also venture the opinion that even though the content is not gender specific it is meant to lure girls to the game. Game companies, like Lego in the 90's and 00's are realizing that there is a huge untapped market in young girls when looking at toys and entertainment usually thought of as being meant for boys.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    It wouldn't be just for kids of there was actually a story to it.
    This is just glorifying the game and the little girl wins against the big bad orc by playing a single card.

Ok?

I remember when they released the story of the 2 brothers of Overwatch.
    That video had everything: the art style, interesting plot and conflicted heroes whose emotions you could get really behind.

I know Blizzard can do better.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    You know, I think that Gamescom this year was to showcase Blizzard's new animation movie studio. Remember when they formed a publishing / movie studio last year? This, I believe is getting them prepped for that. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯