Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamescom Trailer Excites Players for Multiplyer Action - Breakaway Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageGamescom Trailer Excites Players for Multiplyer Action - Breakaway Videos - MMORPG.com

Amazon Game Studios has released a new Breakaway trailer to get potential players excited about the multiplayer action. The trailer was released today at Gamescom and players / viewers are invited to head to the Breakaway site to sign up for inclusion in the game's alpha.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    By far one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a game.
    killerqueer
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Whoever is in charge of the marketing direction has no idea what they are doing.

Their E3 presentation with the shouting presenter was abysmal. This trailer attempt at coming across as "cool" is anything but impressive.

Either they are 15 years too late, or this style of marketing is making a comeback and they are revolutionary at predicting it. I'm afraid it's the former.
    BruceYee
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Huh, wtf was that lol.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Over the top x100
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I smell Wildstar devs...
    MaxBacon
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Wow... that was like some kind of throwback to a Cheesy 1980's commercial. I was expecting the original Power Rangers to pop out at any moment.
    bcbully

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited August 2017
    Pretty sure the target audience for that trailer isn't us old school gamers lol. I'm thinking it was marketed to 12-16 year olds.

Sometimes I feel like the triple A game developers are trying to go around us old bastages to and find a different audience to market to; ones who aren't as critical and will spend money, even on a game they might not like in 2 weeks.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    The trailer is their smallest problem.
    Look at say Dota2, in team fights every ability has easily distinguishable animation AND sound. Even newcomers like me can relatively fast start having some (at least) basic idea how a fight progresses and when the balance changes, or when something important is cast.
    What I see here is a ball and a bunch off people endlessly jumping around. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't find that fun to watch.
    Probably someone at Amazon decided that chaotic and fast equals to dynamic and fun.