Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founder packs opened for sale.

NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
https://store.worldsadrift.com/

Looks very interesting, at least a nice change of pace for an MMO.
Anyone spent some time playing Worlds Adrift?
How is the game in its current beta state?
The_Gipsy_Danger

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I would also like to know if the game is polished alright. If so, would love to get in as in my current state of affairs, I've got no MMO to play.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Don't bother. Nothing is balanced, and the game is full of PvP griefers, spawn campers, and hackers. Plus the lag is horrific. The only reason Bossa opened founder's packs back up for sale is because people are leaving in droves. 

The game's concept is excellent, but the execution so far is garbage. Hopefully they take some real steps to fix the problems, but I'm not holding my breath. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Don't bother. Nothing is balanced, and the game is full of PvP griefers, spawn campers, and hackers. Plus the lag is horrific. The only reason Bossa opened founder's packs back up for sale is because people are leaving in droves. 

The game's concept is excellent, but the execution so far is garbage. Hopefully they take some real steps to fix the problems, but I'm not holding my breath. 
    The outcome is fairly predictable.

The PVP'ers will hunt the explorer/builders to extinction, then turn on each other and leave shortly after that as the population plummets and it becomes hard to find easy targets...
    [Deleted User]KyleranAzaron_Nightblade
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I feel rather stupid tonight so might get me one of those founder packs  B)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    A sandbox game with lots of player constructed ships and buildings, with ship boarding actions and ships sailing through the sky and open world PvP where the enemy can board and steal the ships?

Star Citizen should probably pay close attention to this one to make sure they don't fall into whatever pit traps this one might fall into.

Though I personally think many of the pit traps are just plain unavoidable.  Open World PvP with consequences will most likely transform what could have been a wonderful sand box game into yet another gank fest.  Even many of the positive reviews for the game on the steam site often mention them getting killed over and over again, with the only reason the review is still positive being because the reviewer liked that sort of thing (whereas as history has shown, most other players don't).
    Azaron_Nightblade[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Well, Like posted above, I felt really stupid last night so I bought it on Steam. Fortunately for me I felt a lot smarter this morning so after an hour of playing I got a refund.

I like the aesthetics but boy, its rough. It also seems dead already. It might become amazing, the ideas are there, it just really isn't there yet and it might never be.

Hooray for Steam refunds, for the periodically stupid like me  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    NoxiousBass
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    lahnmir said:
    Well, Like posted above, I felt really stupid last night so I bought it on Steam. Fortunately for me I felt a lot smarter this morning so after an hour of playing I got a refund.

I like the aesthetics but boy, its rough. It also seems dead already. It might become amazing, the ideas are there, it just really isn't there yet and it might never be.

Hooray for Steam refunds, for the periodically stupid like me  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Tks for the info, I guess I will wait a little longer.