Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trove - Is it mainly a builder?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I'm kind of surprised at how dead the forums are for this game.  It looks kinda cool.  What's wrong, is it mainly just a builder game that's outdone by other, similar games?  What else do you do besides build?

Comments

• TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Hey mate. I would recommend making a forum account with Trion and posting on the Trove forums there as it is a lot more active than this subforum here. :)

RAWR

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Tarblood said:
    Hey mate. I would recommend making a forum account with Trion and posting on the Trove forums there as it is a lot more active than this subforum here. :)

Can you post there without buying the game??
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Tarblood said:

Can you post there without buying the game??

Yes but you need to sign up for a Trion acct.

OK, I'm logged into Glyph, is that right?  I went to Trove under the Glyph site, but I don't see any forums.  Am I in the right place?
    Never mind, found it!  :)
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    :) Thanks Zaberfangx for the assist. I was watching Flash -_-

RAWR

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Individual building can be very imaginative as long as you can create vertically.  The build area though is only about the footprint of a 25 foot square. 

Clans, fellowships, whatever you want to call them, can create massive and very imaginative designs.  But you have to harvest the cubes, the decoration recipes, and building materials in the shared worlds before you can construct anything.

You'll spend a /lot/ of time getting all those materials and recipes before you can get real creative.  You get recipes from specific world sites and materials from different world biomes.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    I posted on the official forums.  Seems a lot of people are really unhappy with the latest patch.  Also, they say there isn't a lot of grouping of socializing, which are both important to me in most MMO's.  =/