Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7.3 Patch to be the 'Last Significant Update' for Legion - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image7.3 Patch to be the 'Last Significant Update' for Legion - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The timeline for a WoW expansion reveal at this year's Blizzcon is looking better and better. Speaking to PCGamesN during Blizzcon, World of Warcraft Game Director Ion Hazzikostas said that the 7.3 update for Legion is the "last major content patch" of the expansion. That doesn't, however, mean it's the end of updates for Legion and updates that will help bridge the gap between it and the next expansion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Thoughts? ... Yes..yes! Ok. :)
    holdenhamlet

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    How much longer can WoW go with expansions before news players are overwhelmed with options? Sometimes I think they should make WoW 2 and use everything they learned over the past 13 years of MMOs.
    AlpiusScellowBruceYeeKalebGraysonmike32927BillMurphy[Deleted User]CryolitycalinfomatzCoolitand 4 others.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Honestly if the next expansion is going to launch somewhere around this time next year I'm not too optimistic for it.
    This expansion was horrible and this time around even hardcore WoW fans were disappointed. If they hear that they might have to wait close to another year I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people just give up.
    I for one am one of those. I've never been this disappointed with an expansion... honestly I've never actually been disappointed with an expansion. Each expansion has had it's own pros and cons, but this expansion feels like one huge con and nothing else(to me, of course other people might not agree).

Don't get me wrong. Like with any other WoW expansions there will be a ton of "return" players, but if they are already over WoW I'm quite confident that they will stick for 1-2 months at most and then drop it.

I'd really prefer if they announce beta testing starting in December and planning for a launch around April. With Destiny 2 and few other games as gap fillers that would be a reasonable time frame, but of course I feel like that's just wishful thinking and as Suzie already said this time around next year looks like a more realistic time for next expansion.
    BruceYeebalbusTheScavengermike32927OzmodanJonnyp2CryolitycalItasca
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Honestly if the next expansion is going to launch somewhere around this time next year I'm not too optimistic for it.
    This expansion was horrible and this time around even hardcore WoW fans were disappointed. If they hear that they might have to wait close to another year I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people just give up.
    I for one am one of those. I've never been this disappointed with an expansion... honestly I've never actually been disappointed with an expansion. Each expansion has had it's own pros and cons, but this expansion feels like one huge con and nothing else(to me, of course other people might not agree).

Don't get me wrong. Like with any other WoW expansions there will be a ton of "return" players, but if they are already over WoW I'm quite confident that they will stick for 1-2 months at most and then drop it.

I'd really prefer if they announce beta testing starting in December and planning for a launch around April. With Destiny 2 and few other games as gap fillers that would be a reasonable time frame, but of course I feel like that's just wishful thinking and as Suzie already said this time around next year looks like a more realistic time for next expansion.

Not sure what "hardcore fans" you know, but many are liking the content in this expansion.
    BeezerbeezbalbusKyleranBillMurphyCryolitycalAlomarItasca
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Hi ho! Hi ho! It's back to WoW I go! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Alverant said:

How much longer can WoW go with expansions before news players are overwhelmed with options? Sometimes I think they should make WoW 2 and use everything they learned over the past 13 years of MMOs.

for as long as it profitable they dont need to make a wow 2 its a mmo world that supose to grow and ages as we play it.Sont need no wow 2.
    balbusAlomar
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    edited August 2017

lol I stopped reading after the first sentence in the second paragraph. " This expansion was horrible and this time around even hardcore WoW fans were disappointed.". Nope.
    KyleranForgrimmItascaWraithone
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

lol I stopped reading after the first sentence in the second paragraph. " This expansion was horrible and this time around even hardcore WoW fans were disappointed.". Nope.
    And yet, you show your own ignorance as he specifically mentions this is part of his own opinion.

I'm pretty sure Suzie was somewhat disappointed with Legion, and she's a hardcore fan.  Congrats!  No part of your post is relevant.
    balbusXingbairongAlomarManWithNoTanItasca

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2017
    You're right @MadFrenchie about the disappointment. While overall, there are some really fantastic things about Legion -- the idea of Mythic + dungeons is fantastic for a non-raider like me -- there are a lot of things that I'm less than thrilled with, most notably the horrendous amount of RNG.

I also think they borked the stories Legion tells by dead-ending most of them without any resolution or hint at future events. It certainly isn't on par with Lich King or Mists. Storytelling matters to me and I study the quests, the lore in Chronicle and so forth. For people who just click through, it's probably aces. For me, it's not.

And don't get me started on PvP. Ugh.

That said, it's not the worst. I'd at least tie it with Warlords.

I maintain that I'd like an "off" expansion where we get to deal with the repercussions of the Legion's fall -- political, social, perhaps shifting alliances, what happens to us as class leaders and so forth. I know that I hope that Blizz has learned a few things from Legion both on the positive and the negative sides of the equation.
    PhryMadFrenchiemike32927KalebGraysonBeezerbeezwandericaXingbairongonelesslightKyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    edited August 2017
    its gonna be a big rant and mostly its gonna be mostly about pvp, big wall of text inc lol.

Anyways im glad that this xpac is comin to an end. In terms of pvp quality legion is more worst than wod and wod is a pile of garbage.

Ive been playing mistweaver since mop and hpal since ages ago and idk how the fk did they butcher my class and make it unfun as it is now.

Look, back on mop i had way more tools to respond to a variety of situations. Ring of peace disarms, grapple weapon, disable, nimble...

I could deal with melees as well as casters with 0 issues. Now with the joke thats call legion, my ability to actively channel soothing mist is an ability which is active only in pvp?? HELLO?? Not to mention the fact that i dont ask for cancer abilities like chanelling on the move.. Its not fun neither for me nor my enemies. Soothing mist pre legion was fine.. Just dont change for the sake of change....

I dont ask for cancer abilities like way of the crane too being `immune to stuns and snares` so i can survive rogue/mages opener where i could go 100-0 even if i burned a cd....

Lol....i actually benched my hpal in legion and wth... its the spec that i originally fell in love with that had me started on pvp healing. Now this class plays just like a plate version of rsham with a different set of cds since the nerf to melee wings.

Hello? They gonna make hpal into a melee healer yet they nerfed it?? LOL.. Tbh hpal wasn't intended to be a melee healer in the first place given the abilities that they had like have the designers played their own game? Divine protection, light of dawn and bestow faith does nothing when theres 2 melee beating on you and disc does a way better job of soaking dmg.. Hell i even survived better on my MISTWEAVER than this fkin joke of a hpal.

So now.. i gotta play my hpal like a rsham, healin from max distance tryin to avoid unecessary dmg..Great thats the idea of a melee healer LOL.

Dh shouldnt be in the game in the first place... They said that WW are the most mobile melee specs...nah.... they are wrong..With havoc, i could stay on a rdrood with no problem... blink?? vault and felblade.. Root? Reverse magic....Root and my reverse magic is down? Imprison..

And btw... my 2 charges of fel rush and a reset-able felblade has way lesser cd than my monks roll LOL. The only way to get a dh off you is if hes braindead, you're good at using obstacles or you had a pro teammate that peels well.

Dont get me started on wpvp......where matches end a matter of few globals.....As a pvper i dont actually wpvp and Xferred off to a pve server where 99% of my pvp times consists of doing instanced pvp matches.

Phew, thats a load off my chest...
    Hopefully, the next xpac is gonna be ENJOYABLE to pvp on...New maps or sometin, no honor talent grind and a much wider playerbase(even at 2k, due to smaller playerbase, you meet opponents who are VETERANS and EXTEREMELY skilled, like an amateur boxer entering a tourney just to know that hes facing a pro)
    mike32927XingbairongSBFordItascaKyleran
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    @evadaez: I read your post. Class changes were/are a big deal for me too. I doubt you're looking for advice, but find other classes to play that you enjoy more. Even if it means playing flavor of the month/expan - it's better than being miserable imo. Good luck =)
    Frostgbyte
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Up until the Legendary grind and crazy RNG, I really liked Legion. Best since Lich King for me.
    BeezerbeezItascamike32927bhelliom

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    IDK about the hate for this expansion.  I don't PvP, but I thought all the PvE content I got to participate in was excellent.
    TheScavengerBillMurphyConstantineMerusItasca
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    edited August 2017

Alverant said:

what should they do with lore in WOW2? they are fairly rapidly coming closer to finishing off everything major that they can. WOW2 isn't as simple as making a new engine and continuing the story. That isn't sustainable
    [Deleted User]
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Thanks for the laugh.  Yep even hardcore fans were very disappointed!!!  What world are you living in, certainly NOT this one.
    SBFordItascabhelliom
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    It is all about the Monthly Active Users now, the entire game is being designed with this in mind.
    TheScavenger
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Alverant said:

what should they do with lore in WOW2? they are fairly rapidly coming closer to finishing off everything major that they can.

WOW2 isn't as simple as making a new engine and continuing the story. That isn't sustainable

I said it before but have Nozdormu reset time and start from scratch with a new engine/gfx. They can keep original WoW around and maybe even add small DLC type expacs like EQ did/does.
    AlomarDuskrieger
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2017

Alverant said:

They'd probably make a killing doing that because I'm sure it would be great, but anything new is a risk. Sometimes even great games aren't popular. Say you were the head of blizzard, and you had like 10 million people paying you 15 bucks a month (at least), would you risk throwing that away on a new MMO? Even after all these years, that kind of reliable perpetual income is unheard of in the video game industry
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Legion never hooked me like BC/WotLK did but it's been one of WoW's better expansions with many great additions. It's no real surprise to anyone who plays that 7.3 will be the final big patch although confirmation is nice :)

I really hope the next expansion doesn't have the same AF AP system as I'm pretty done with it. I also hope they make legendaries legendary again and not have them make or break your spec like they did early on in Legion.
  • NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited August 2017
    I don't know the overall state of the game, but to me it looks WOW players are out of luck again with almost a year playing the same content.
    When i was playing, BC to early Panda, it was exactly the same - same promises with same cycle repeating each and every xpac.
    Where i live we have a saying: The same old song on a new voice.

TLDR : Same.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wasn't Blizz supposed to be significantly increasing their update cycle?  Or decreasing the time between expansions?  Seem to remember their announcing that.  I don't understand how a company with their resources can let their player base flounder for such a long time with nothing new to do.  I guess the players are willing to accept it.  I only play for a few months with each new expansion, so the content drought never really hits me.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited August 2017
    A lot of people disagreed with me when I said that even hardcore "fans" were disappointed with me. I think people mistake "fans" and "raiders/players". I'm talking about the people (like me)who have stuck with the game since literally day 1.

Let's just do a simple check on the most important parts in the list:

PvP - As some people mentioned that's half the game(at least for me and quite a few others). Is it good? Honestly even pro players aren't quite fond of it let alone normal players like me.
    I collect mounts and have the majority of the mounts in this game, but this expansion I haven't bothered with getting even 1 from the ton of PvP mounts that Blizzard added. That's just how horrible the game feels to me pvp-wise.

Legendaries - Probably the best idea in this expansion and at the same time the worst... The constant farm for AP is simply stupid... It's not about having to farm daily just to keep up with the rest... I'm talking about that it's simply pointless. The idea behind this was simply to have people "feel" like they are doing content and that way Blizzard saves themselves a lot of work on actually developing real content.

Mythic + - Yes this one was actually a good idea, but it's not a complete idea... There isn't any incentive to actually farm it for months(and years from the look of it).

Raids - If there is anything that I can say that Blizzard is the best in the gaming industry, it's this. In my opinion Blizzard have always released excellent raids. I have no remarks there, but honestly how much of your time do you spend raiding? 2-3-5 times a week 2-3 hours? Yes some raid a lot more, but those people aren't in the "average" gamer graph in my opinion. Those type of people also farm like crazy mythics and they aim for certain goals like being top 5-10-100 on their realm/region/world.
    I've been one of those people for few expansions and I get it, but the majority of players aren't.

The RNG - Fail. No point even having to explain why, cause it's obvious.

Also I saw that some people missed the part where I said that, that's MY personal opinion, so I'll repeat it here. This is MY personal opinion. Others might have different opinion. Honestly it's absurd to expect millions of players to have the same opinion. Obviously some will love this expansion others will hate it.
    Players who haven't had the chance to experience Vanilla, TBC and WotLK might think that this is the best expansion ever, but I'm confident that for the majority who had the chance, this one was just bad.

Also cause some people asked what hardcore fans I know. It seems that people misunderstood "fans"(people who love the game and don't play it to show off that they are first in pvp/pve etc... but play to collect mounts, learn the lore etc.. basically for fun) and "raiders/players"(people who raid/pvp with the intent to be first), but I'll still say that I do know a few ex Method, FTH, Curse Gaming and a ton of other top 20 world guilds over the years and even real life friend who was first in the world to get Thori'dal legendary bow in the world. And almost everyone has been disappointed with this expansion.
    Heck even if you check the streamers you will see that there are a lot of WoW streamers who used to stream daily and now you can see them like 1-2 times weekly(if not monthly) streaming WoW. That should be enough of a point.
    SBFordBruceYeemike32927
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Normally I am always skeptical about the current live expansion, and loves the previous one for nostalgia, but to be honest, the legion expansion is probably the best expansion ever for World of Warcraft.

I will, however, be sad if the next expansion arrives soon. I still feel like we haven't had this expansion for that long.
  • H4lucinationH4lucination Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Great news, as mediocre as it is, still far greater then any other mmorpg.
    Micro_CutsKyleran
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

And yet, you show your own ignorance as he specifically mentions this is part of his own opinion.

I'm pretty sure Suzie was somewhat disappointed with Legion, and she's a hardcore fan.  Congrats!  No part of your post is relevant.

So that is why he said "even hardcore WoW fans"...as if speaking for the group....thanks for you lack of reading skills.  If he wants to say his opinion do not talk for a group.