Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What have "MMOs" become? 40 player max per server is not an MMO....

123457»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Nilden said:

You know the difference and don't care because you have fun trolling.

Mystery solved.
    lol .. that is not that mystery. But if you just figure this out, you are probably a bit slow in terms of logical reasoning. 
    Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    TimEisen said:
    Those aren't MMORPGs. WOW barely qualifies anymore. Its more of a dungeon crawler. 

I believe the problem is the lack of a true MMORPG engine. Maybe CSE's engine will be sold to power more true MMORPGs? 

Now you know why everything under the sun is listed as MMOs here. Otherwise, there will be a lot fewer games to talk about. 

Pretty sure that's been noted over and over here for years now.  Where is this "now you know" nonsense coming from?
    Gdemami

TimEisen said:
    Those aren't MMORPGs. WOW barely qualifies anymore. Its more of a dungeon crawler. 

I believe the problem is the lack of a true MMORPG engine. Maybe CSE's engine will be sold to power more true MMORPGs? 

Now you know why everything under the sun is listed as MMOs here. Otherwise, there will be a lot fewer games to talk about. 

Pretty sure that's been noted over and over here for years now.  Where is this "now you know" nonsense coming from?
    Tell that to TimEisen, who seems to have just figured it out. 
    Gdemami
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nilden said:

You know the difference and don't care because you have fun trolling.

Mystery solved.
    lol .. that is not that mystery. But if you just figure this out, you are probably a bit slow in terms of logical reasoning. 
    If I'm slow you're not even moving.
    KyleranCecropia

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2017
    TimEisen said:

Paradoxically, people here don't talk about specific games much anyway. The forum is more for arguing about age-old feuds like pvp vs pve and so on.
    Actually there are quite a few game related threads going on at any given moment, but I have noticed you rarely opine in most, and when you do it's just to derail them with one of your pet topics.

In fact, just did a quick head count, 13 game related threads on the front page of discussions, 7 not.

Post edited by Kyleran on
    SpottyGekkoGdemamiMadFrenchie[Deleted User]Cecropia

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    techinally, it is a MMO just not a HUGE MMO
    Technically , you are wrong. 
    Gdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Kyleran said:

In fact, just did a quick head count, 13 game related threads on the front page of discussions, 7 not.

So about 1/3 of the MMORPG forum is not talking about MMORP games .. sounds about right. Did you take the number of posts in each into account? I bet that skew the results some more to the "not game discussion" side.
    IceAge said:
    techinally, it is a MMO just not a HUGE MMO
    Technically , you are wrong. 
    Technically, there is no consensus of what a MMO is. There is disagreement between some forum poster here, with the game list on this site, and also the game classification on massivelyop.com, not to mention superdata, game reviewers, and so on.

In fact, are you even surprised that someone else (in this case HeyYouVideoGame) define a MMO different than you do?

Do keep telling him he is wrong though. Please let me know if you have any effect on what he believes. That should be interesting.  
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cecropia
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Scorchien said:
    Lol. We should start posting something like this every time he commits an offence.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:

So about 1/3 of the MMORPG forum is not talking about MMORP games .. sounds about right. Did you take the number of posts in each into account? I bet that skew the results some more to the "not game discussion" side.
    This just in: gamers enjoy discussing gameplay mechanics as much as individual games themselves.  It's an epiphany!  A sign of the changing world zeitgeist!
    Cecropia

This just in: gamers enjoy discussing gameplay mechanics as much as individual games themselves.  It's an epiphany!  A sign of the changing world zeitgeist!
    You are not paying attention. You miss "gamers enjoy discussing classification of games as much s individual games themselves".