Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you get a faster download?

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Ah this answer is kinda simple...get cable

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    Search for download accelerator plus, usually boosts my download speed quite a lot.

-I have gone to look for myself, if I should return, before I get back, keep me here.-

• qbobqbob Member Posts: 42

• air_head1air_head1 Member Posts: 75
    i like dsl better well it depends i guess on ur ISP but i use to have dsl and it ran faster than my cable but dsl also costed me more

• GroobenGrooben Member Posts: 5

yeah, you know, if you don't *NEED* all that extra money, just go get DSL

DSL because it guarantees you bandwidth, whereas cable can be sappd by how many people are currently using it(you live in a big city, lower bandwidth due to usage).

cable modem is handy because, well, you can get free cable tv.

but more importantly than all of this: the internet is boring.  i would suggest downgrading to a 486, and reliving the days of the past. =)

There are points in your life when you look back at a certain time in your life when you were happy, & you can't remember anything specific except happiness.
    I miss those days, and I still love you.

• ZiegZieg Member Posts: 32
    If you don't want to upgrade your internet connection, just use a download manager so you can stop the downloads midway and resume it another time. It usually works well for me.

---------------------------------------------
    EQ: Zieg-Level 46-HalfElf-Paladin-RZ Server(Retired)

FFXI: Zieg-Lv21RDM/5WAR-Hume-Phoenix Server(Active)

EQ: Zieg-Level 46-HalfElf-Paladin-RZ Server(Retired)

FFXI: Zieg-Lv26PLD/9WAR-Hume-Phoenix Server(Active)

• GroobenGrooben Member Posts: 5

yes, that's true.

unless you're also aiming for better ping/latency in gaming situations, then broadband is just about the only way to go.

There are points in your life when you look back at a certain time in your life when you were happy, & you can't remember anything specific except happiness.
    I miss those days, and I still love you.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    god if i was still on 56k i would be insane

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• qbobqbob Member Posts: 42

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    Just get cable.

This is killing us
    Fighting the truth a losing battle
    We believe in nothing
    Just hatred for each other

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342
    Well obviously, the best way to do it would be to get cable. But there is a free program called Download Accelerator Plus that speeds up downloads. It often doubles or triples the speeds I used to get. But since I have cable I'm not sure how much faster it will make your downloads, but it couldn't hurt to try.

• GlottisGlottis Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Brunel
    Well obviously, the best way to do it would be to get cable. But there is a free program called Download Accelerator Plus that speeds up downloads. It often doubles or triples the speeds I used to get. But since I have cable I'm not sure how much faster it will make your downloads, but it couldn't hurt to try.
    now this is funny. try to read previous posts on this topic before posting next time

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by qbob

Hmm i got DAP but it doesnt seem to be doing anything hmm.  well it does help in that i can stop the dl and start again latter, but, thats not what i want the mostimage

I hope you shall never find a live turtle in your soup

go into the options and change the acceleration speed.

• QuaduceQuaduce Member Posts: 59
    Ya u gotta boost the speed of the proggy a bit. Also, somethings dont accualy increase in d/l speed at all if u use DAP. Dunno why, maybe cuz it dosnt have multiple d/l's to use or w/e. Othertimes it doubles, iv gotten up to 1.2mbps on cable w/ DAP. Whereas my fastest without was probbly like 800kb/sec.

• LudacrisLudacris Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Cable companies raised the cap of download and upload speeds.  I was downloading something from fileplanet at 340kb/s

Click pic to go there!

• jloverjlover Member Posts: 260

ya your best bet is to get rid of your 56k and get cable or dsl.

AH still running on a 56k, I can still remember when i was on a 56k.......wait a minute no I cant. image

wu-name=Ungrateful Dreamer

Love your enemys, it will drive them crazy.

9.523809523809523% nerd blood flows through your veins.
    NOOOOO get it out get it out!!!!